Here it is! My very first time attack!
32 min 11 sec
2189 re-records
-Uses no warps
-Takes no damage
-Obtains only necessary and time saving items
A couple of things I did to save some time:
-In level 1 I bought two pairs of sandals. This speeds up walking immensely.
-Goemon can't walk when he is attacking, but if he is already moving forward in a jump you can attack without slowing down.
-I went through the whole game with the level 2 pipe, as I can attack twice in a jump before hitting the ground and still be able to move, whereas with the yo-yo, it takes longer to retract and would prevent me from moving.
-Knowing that I would need to buy the pass in level 6 and the book in level 8, both of which cost $980, I decided to play the dice game in level 5 to quickly earn the necessary cash. This seems to be much faster and easier than any other money making scheme.

Phil: I'm gonna take a look at this movie.
Phil: I would like to record this movie but Snes9x refuses to record after 15 minutes. I thought it was a codec issue but it's not that.
I should report this problem to blip.
Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #317: JuanValdez's SNES Legend of the Mystical Ninja in 32:11.15
Post subject: a descent platform game...
...between castlevania 4 and super mario world. I think this timeattack should be published. here are also super parodius figures like giant octopus, very amusing, too...
We are here only to improve the battleground for next generations. Ifa
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [205] SNES The Legend of the Mystical Ninja by JuanValdez in 32:11.15
wow, simply amazeing to watch, I always thought about speedrunning this game since I love the series but theres no way I could ever top this, there were some parts of the game I was certain you had no choice but to be hit by something, nice work man.
I hate to complain, but when I load this SMV on my Snes9x, all that happens is the character runs into a corner and stays there forever, jumping blindly. I've checked the various FAQs on this site, but I am not sure I understand the problem. Why would the video playback incorrectly?
Active player (405)
J.J. McCullough wrote:
I hate to complain, but when I load this SMV on my Snes9x, all that happens is the character runs into a corner and stays there forever, jumping blindly. I've checked the various FAQs on this site, but I am not sure I understand the problem. Why would the video playback incorrectly?
You're going to have to be more specific if you want people to help you. What version of Snes9x are you running? Is WIP1 checked for playback? What ROM version of the game are you using? Have you been exposed to what is legally considered a lethal amount of hallucinatory radiation prior to playing the game?
I have the super improved whatever version of Snes9x that the site tells me to download, (Snes9x 1.43+). I don't know what WIP1 checked for playback means, perhaps you can tell me. I didn't know that the ROMs themselves made a difference, but mine is called "Legend of The Mystical Ninja, The (E).smc" for what it's worth. Thanks
Active player (405)
J.J. McCullough wrote:
I don't know what WIP1 checked for playback means, perhaps you can tell me.
When you play back the movie, there are various checkboxes before you click okay. One of them says WIP1 (which is what almost all videos on this site use). It should be checked. If it's checked and the video desyncs, you can try unchecking it.
J.J. McCullough wrote:
I didn't know that the ROMs themselves made a difference, but mine is called "Legend of The Mystical Ninja, The (E).smc" for what it's worth.
Here's the problem. The (E) at the end means you're playing the European version of the game. The video on this site is made for the North American version, which would have a (U) at the end. The differences between the US and Europe versions of the game are probably subtle, but enough to cause a desync.
Ah, thank you. I shall try to fix it.
Ah ha, that did it. You are my hero sir and/or ma'am.