An improvement to the published movie, it uses an experimental version of VBA as it fixes the "Timer bug" that causes the time to never go below 400. The main improvements are due to less points gained due to the bug being fixed and a better final boss fight.

Game objectives

Comments

Taking Damage

For each health you have by the end of the stage, you waste 50 frames as the game gives you 50 points, and since the results screen is unskippable, 1 frame = 1 point.

Luck

The enemies move EXACTLY the same as the previous run; the main "Luck" involved is the 8 doors at the Monster Movie stage - They depend on the frame you enter the room.

Additional Changes

1. First,Third,Last Bosses redone
  2. Slowed down movement in 2 of the minigames
  3. Third stage autoscroller redone
  4. Better Luck Manipulation
  5. Text scroll redone
  6. Adjust several rooms slightly due to lag differences

Possible improvements

1. Somehow reduce lag
  2. Even better final battle
  3. Even better luck

Other comments

Overall, the run is mostly the same as the previous, due to me unable to think of a better route. I would like to thank the developers of VBA-RR for fixing an emulator glitch regarding the timer. I hope you enjoy the run.

GabCM: Added YouTube module + SD streaming link.

DarkKobold: Currently verifying, will judge soon.

DarkKobold: Good improvement. I feel this would have gotten more feedback, had it not been for the Super Mario 64 submission. Accepting.

GabCM: Publishing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (550)
I'm going to do the SD/512/HD encode tonight. Unclaimed due to not synchiesness
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
Wow, I didn't expect anyone to be using the experimental versions of VBA for works aiming for publishing. Fortunately, the GBx emulation has been quite finalized in Rev 344. That is to say, this movie is supposed to sync with v24.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
will vote after encode
live life
Skilled player (1306)
Im a bit skeptical to vote on this since it uses an unreleased version of VBA. However, Its good to hear that GBx emulation is almost perfected now.
Skilled player (1705)
NitroGenesis wrote:
I'm going to do the SD/512/HD encode tonight. Unclaimed due to not synchiesness
Is it the input that desyncs or video?
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Please use the version he used to dump. You can't just give up after one desync. If it works for the author, it should work for you given the right versions. Also, I just encoded your first version of this run for YouTube, so I bet this one, if considered valid because of the emulator choice, will be great as well!
All the best, Brandon Evans
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Oh. The audio did not sync. Very sorry for not being clear. (The Problem Was: I used a bad encoder for ffdshow)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
So, you're doing it again now?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Probably not, I have some other stuff to get done atm
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Post subject: HD Stream is up!
GabCM
He/Him
Editor
I say that there is no reason to not accept this.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
I'd claim this for publishing, but Mister Epic did all the work, so I yield to him.
Post subject: Re: #3116: jlun2's GB Tiny Toon Adventures 2 - Montana's Movie Madness in 18:21.3
Skilled player (1306)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
DarkKobold:Good improvement. I feel this would have gotten more feedback, had it not been for the Super Mario 64 submission. Accepting.
Does this mean that VBA v24 alpha is acceptable for submissions?
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1788] GB Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana's Movie Madness by jlun2 in 18:21.30
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Sorry for not commenting on this way earlier, especially since I was happy to comment on the original run. I didn't want to get a new version of VBA that I wasn't sure I was going to need for any other runs. I didn't end up catching encodes either until recently. In any case, this was a nice little improvement. The third boss fight is also definitely more interesting. Good job!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
4K 60 FPS YouTube encode: Link to video
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I couldn't find images of Manual's internals where the game name is spelled out, but on the Manual cover it has the "2" so I changed game name to that. So encode is good too.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.