• Aims for fastest time of two players
  • Genre:Shooter
  • Emulator FBA-rr 005a
  • Manipulate luck
  • 2 players
  • No death for most of people looking forward
  • Hardest difficulty

Glitch

Pressing down can cancel attack.This is widely used in Mission 6. This is only able to use in X.

For encoders:

At first,sorry for hard works for encoders,because desync problem cannot avoid in FBA easyly. There are some desyncs,many important savestates needed. These are the savestates. [dead Link removed] Loading this can replay it syched,but recording AVI may take a lot of problems. The serious desync is in Mission 4&5 So,Save Slot 7 and 4 are most important,if there are some problems in recording AVI,you may find a good savestate to get sync for recording avi. Loading these savestates after changing the fbm file to "mslugx.fbm",fyi.
Good luck,hoping succeed in 1 time.

Summary:Compared with my Level-4 submission.

Start

Setting the hardest mode 280 frames slower.

Intention

Getting fat cannot add power,only F has square attack that may get power up.

Mission 1

32 frames faster

Mission 2

200 more slower

Mission 3

200 more slower,Manipulate luck to get H and S,and change the tactics in the boss battle.

Mission 4

100 more faster,looking at the memory address,Hitting the boss faster.

Mission 5

No death,30 seconds slower.

Mission 6

22 seconds faster.In the last boss get bombs

The power

• Handgun:10
  • Knife:30
  • H:10
  • L:20
  • R:40
  • C:40
  • D:30
  • G:120
  • I:5-60 square attack
  • S:200
  • F:0-400 Getting fat can make power up.
  • Bomb:100 The smoke can take damage too,but not suitable for all Metal Slug games.
  • Stone:100 This can hit things together,but it has low range
  • Fire:80 It can do double damage for the plain of MISSION 3,because it can hit airframe and wing together.
  • Cannon:200
  • Missile:100
  • Armor's Shot:100
Boss Hp:
3.2500 5500 8000
4.8000 in total,all of the hit is effective.
6.1100 9500 9500

Special Thanks

MTVF1's lua script,that help me find the random memory address.
End this movie.Continue my work on mslug3.See you

Nach: Judging.
feos: YouTubed x2poet's encode. Someone make HD one.

Nach: This is the best Metal Slug X TAS I've seen yet. In fact, it's the best arcade TAS I've ever seen. The action and coordination with both players is unmatched by anything we've had till now. Accepting as improvement to existing run.

GabCM: Thank you Aktan.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3125: X2poet's Arcade Metal Slug X in 18:32.20
Skilled player (1469)
http://download1336.mediafire.com/aal3wlrct0pg/3svcd6r1pz0t2yd/mslugxv2-PD-muxed.mp4 PD encode here. Direct link in youku: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjYxNDA0NjI0.html I cannot login youtube,sorry Edit:waiting for encoders's HD encode.
Do the work.
Might want to change "Armor's Shit" to "Armor's Shot". What exactly is that anyways?
Skilled player (1469)
Shot is the mechine gun. Suggested Screenshot: Frame 63473
Do the work.
Voted yes, impressive throughout and it didn't look like you lost too much time from not abusing death.
Active player (432)
Clear Yes vote! I think my most favourite mission was 3. Loved how you let one player stand on the airplane and shoot enemies and the boss of mission 3. I definitely look forward what you will do with Metal Slug 3. Great work X2poet.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wonderful! This is really impressive optimization and weapon usage. The last battles were especially great, and Boss 3 was cool too. You also didn't overlap the two characters too often, which would've made it more boring. The way you have it currently, it's like the two characters do their platforming together (I think it's funny to think of them jumping hand-in-hnd), but then they split up when it's time to kick ass. Anyway, clear Yes vote. Also, thanks for the downloadable encode!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Skilled player (1306)
Ok, I finally watched the entirety of this run and I have quite a lot to say. This is the best Metal Slug TAS I have ever seen in my life as of now. The strategies are all very good & the stages flowed really well. The only Stage where I think it could be improved is the Final Mission since you end up with bombs to spare after defeating the final boss. However, I know that the drops the aliens leave are random, so it probably wouldnt make a difference. I liked that you also didnt mimmic input this time around. The problem I had with the other movie was that most of the input was just merely copied or mirrored input of each player. In this movie, Each player was doing their own thing, and I enjoyed the run a lot more because of that. All in all, Yes Vote, Star Vote & Nomination for Arcade TAS of the year. I cant wait to see your run of Metal Slug 3 when you finish it.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Watched the encode, and yet once again you tore the game to peices. It was pure and absolute carnage. I absolutely loved this run and every frantic, madness inducing second of it. And now that you didn't use any continues, everyone should be happy, I hope. Voting yes.
Skilled player (1469)
Sonikkustar wrote:
Ok, I finally watched the entirety of this run and I have quite a lot to say. This is the best Metal Slug TAS I have ever seen in my life as of now. The strategies are all very good & the stages flowed really well. The only Stage where I think it could be improved is the Final Mission since you end up with bombs to spare after defeating the final boss. However, I know that the drops the aliens leave are random, so it probably wouldnt make a difference. I liked that you also didnt mimmic input this time around. The problem I had with the other movie was that most of the input was just merely copied or mirrored input of each player. In this movie, Each player was doing their own thing, and I enjoyed the run a lot more because of that. All in all, Yes Vote, Star Vote & Nomination for Arcade TAS of the year. I cant wait to see your run of Metal Slug 3 when you finish it.
Explannation: The left 11 bombs.2P get the last L and bomb showing must stand there.If not, the 1p bomb will not appear. If 1p fall down to get that bomb,and 2p must wait 1p jump up,maybe it would be slower. Serious luck manipulation here.2P jump up with the same time for two times of jump,so there is no influence for this. I has completed 4 mission for metal slug 3,but I stopped,because I discovered two reasons I had to redo it: 1.different glitch for fast knife cutting from X,using left and right to cancel attack for 7 frames per damage and saving bombs.X is pressing down for 4 frames,and 3 is holding down,left right for 7 frames a cut. 2.the route selection goes wrong in MISSION1,at first I want to make 2 catagories for this one,but it is not suitable for doing this,because the last stage MISSION5 is too long and almost the same. The tactics of Metal Slug 3 was sure,so my work would be fast. I will accomplish the plannation in a month.
Do the work.
Editor
For those that don't know, Metal Slug 2 is like X but X runs on better hardware (reduces lag) and is basically a better version. This is so fun to watch. Does getting Big make the weapons do more damage? Also, I love watching the fat character take out a fork and kill an enemy.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Skilled player (1469)
No,big S H R cannot do more damage,it is only has a wide scope.So only the big F has the effect to add damage,but it is not obvious that 2 for 2 frame. L can take 21 damage for 1 bullet,big L 22. The luck manipulation in the last boss,getting big L would be slower than L because I must stop attack and wait for a while that appear big L. So I get small L to get faster and put it in consideration for the luck after this. In mission 2,if not changing to small F,the bullet was not enough to shoot until the boss destroyed.So I get small F for adding 30.
Do the work.
Just out of curiosity, I made a fun-run of Metal Slug 1 a long time ago and found this little trick in that game, I am just wondering if the same is true in the others: While in a Metal Slug tank, if you crouch you lose the ability to shoot your cannon, but GAIN the ability to throw grenades AND have an unlimited amount of them on-screen. Also while throwing the grenades the cannon cool down was also running. So the result was at a distance or at enemies below they would see nothing but a wall of grenades with cannon-shots. For the up-close tank encounters, add the Metal Slug's machine gun. I'm just wondering if the same is possible in the other games. Oh, yes vote.
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
Skilled player (1469)
Yes,it's right in Metal Slug 1,but you cannot control the direction to shoot right when you use this. The others cannot use this. 1 has big difference.Low jump,damage losing,shitty flame shot,so on.
Do the work.
That was a really fun movie to watch. Yes for me.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Forgot to comment. This is much, much, better than the previous submission. There's too much good stuff in this run to go into detail, so I'll just leave it at that. Oh, and Flame Shot rules. Yes vote.
Skilled player (1469)
I forgot to list some important data. •Bomb:100 The smoke can do damage too,but not suitable for all Metal Slug games. •Stone:100 This can hit things together,but it has low range •Fire:80 It can do double damage for the plane of MISSION 3,because it can hit airframe and wing together.
Do the work.
Skilled player (1636)
Man, this really should have used continues... KIDDING! SERIOUSLY! JUST KIDDING! Finally got around to watching this, amazing work. Great job, x2poet.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
This run deserves a star or at least a moon. Throwing a well deserved yes vote to an already accepted movie.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1807] Arcade Metal Slug X "2 players" by X2poet in 18:32.20