Submission Text Full Submission Page
It is my second attempt at this project: Gunstar Heroes 1P on Hard.
Improvements:
  • Best selection of weapons.
  • Search for new entertainment ideas for the game.
  • Sometimes, it is done launch to defeat fast the bosses.
  • Here reduces the difficulty because plays one player.
  • Dirigible flame is used because it is effective and safe in long distance.
  • It seeks to use the most effective weapon at the time to fight a boss.
  • It uses knowledge of the previous movie made by arkiandruski.
I hope that this work has been acceptable.

DarkKobold: Judging

DarkKobold: I don't think there is any benefit to a 1 player run, and the audience feedback has been all around negative. Rejecting the branch of "1 player."

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3151: Felipe's Genesis Gunstar Heroes "1P" in 35:40.90
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
The published run is on Expert. If you hope to have this branch published alongside it, that's what you should have done this run on. Comments as I watch... Fairly big mistake against Bravoo Man; IIRC, you can damage him much earlier than when you start firing on him. The fight against Pinky Roadster was pretty boring, but it was like that in the published run too. Stage 1 as a whole: Not bad, but not up to par with the published run. I did like you killing the second Phantom by throwing a minor baddie into him, though. Stage 2 would probably have been more entertaining with more use of the Chaser Fireball and a lot of weaving around enemy shots as you direct the fireball. Writing messages with it would also have been cool. You shouldn't let the enemies linger on the screen so long; it looks unprofessional, IMO. Either kill all of them as quick as possible, or don't kill any and impress us with dodging. Soldier Force: There were a number of times when you weren't close enough to him to have a continuous stream of damage. It looked to me like suboptimal play, but I admit it could easily have been needing to avoid taking damage and not having a second player to keep the pressure on. Tails Force: You start firing too early. Looks unprofessional. You don't do a good job of staying right on him to ensure you hit him as fast as possible. Crab Force: Boring, but that's it. Urchin Force: You start firing too early. You don't do a good job keeping a continuous stream of damage. Tiger Force: You start firing too early. Poor job keeping a continuous stream of damage. Eagle Force: You start firing too early. Poor job keeping a continuous stream of damage. Blaster Force: You start firing too early. Poor job keeping a continuous stream of damage. Stage 3 opening: Very stylish. I liked this part a lot. Lots of throwing stuff into enemies and throwing enemies into each other. Stage 3 to Smash Daisaku: Kinda boring. Smash Daisaku: Boring. Orange: You can hurt him more quickly by firing at him until one more hit will stun him, then throwing him. Stage 4: Road to the Dice Palace is not bad, but not significantly different from the published run. Timeron: Very boring. Melon Bread: Also boring. Fight Room: Still boring. Curry and Rice: STILL boring. Black Beat Stepper: There are a few times where you don't do that good a job of keeping a continuous stream of damage on him. Stage 5: Entertaining until the last stretch where you don't really kill anything but the walkers; boring from there. Smash Daisaku: When he's jetpacking across the screen, jump-attacking him will likely deal more damage faster. Smash Daisaku on foot: Interesting job keeping him on foot and going without an invulnerability period for so long. If you can replicate that, it would probably work very nicely in a 2-player run. But again, you don't always hit him as early as possible. Stage 6: More dodging between laser blasts where possible would have been cool. You shouldn't have opened fire on those two big ships if you weren't going to destroy them. You seem to have abandoned "kill everything" after the 1000mm Gun in favor of "kill at random," which looks unprofessional. Seven Force is boring. Core Guard System: Unit of the Hammer is boring. Unit of the Dragon wasn't bad. Unit of the Runner was also not bad. I liked your bouncing the Chaser Fireball around. Duck Batallion: Okay, but could you have avoided the single hit you took from him? Pink Lobster: Not bad. Orange: Not bad. Black Fly: Not bad. Green: Not bad. The glitch with the Chaser Fireball was great, though. Golden Silver: Tossing the gems around before he showed up was great. The fight itself wasn't bad either. On the whole, while there is some decent entertainment here, it's not nearly up to par with arkiandruski's run. Gotta vote no.
Previous Name: boct1584
arkiandruski's TAS was on Expert mode (the hardest difficulty) and had a time of 35:29 (35:28.92). Your submission is on Hard difficulty, and has a time of 35:41 (35:40.9), which is slower despite being on a lower difficulty. Regardless of the 1P vs 2P differences, that alone is enough to give this movie a no vote. In addition, I am having trouble understanding some of your objectives. "Sometimes, it is done launch to defeat fast the bosses." What does that mean? Are you saying you sometimes take damage to save time when fighting bosses?
The previous single player movie that was obsoleted by the multiplayer run beats you by nearly 3 minutes. http://tasvideos.org/133M.html Also isn't TAS's meant to be played at the hardest difficulty as a rule of thumb except for extreme circumstances? I will need to wait for an encode (if this actually gets there) before I can vote.
Skilled player (1307)
skumbag70 wrote:
The previous single player movie that was obsoleted by the multiplayer run beats you by nearly 3 minutes. http://tasvideos.org/133M.html Also isn't TAS's meant to be played at the hardest difficulty as a rule of thumb except for extreme circumstances? I will need to wait for an encode (if this actually gets there) before I can vote.
That was played on normal. Also, I thought you said this run was going to be a personal achievement. I didnt expect you to submit it.
Banned User
To answer some questions: *I throw to boss against their own pumps to continuous damage.In the case of Smash Daisaku. *Also, yes. Said he was a personal achievement, but I tried a movie made by me will be published in TASVideos. And I do not want lose the oportunity. *And also, I can not defeat the bosses so quickly.The advantage of Gunstar Heroes 2P is that one can throw the other and that is the most powerful in the game.I have only my own weapons.
Editor
Loosing against an obsoleted run is not tolerable. But I will refrain from voting until I have seen an encode. I need to know if this is a Meh or a No submission.
Skilled player (1469)
No. I don't like this branch,except that 1p run is faster than 2p.
Do the work.
Banned User
I've seen and reviewed the presentation and some parts are somethings slow and boring, but others part are not bad. Maybe I can make some improvements (if I have time) if this is rejected, that it seems most obvious.
Skilled player (1706)
Shouldn't the Author's nickname be Felipe and the real name also Felipe? Because the person who submitted it seems to be Felipe, not some non-existant user named Kregorio. Or am I wrong?
Banned User
I, Felipe, I nickname: Kregorio, although he has not used this name to register me.
Skilled player (1706)
I think the "Nicckname" isn't supposed to be your "real" nickname, but your site name, hence why it would say "Nickname" Genesis Gunstar Heroes "1P" in 35:40.9.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
An user should be able to choose for himself the name he wants his TAS on the site to be accredited to. If he wants his TAS to be primarily known as done by his nickname Kregorio, so be it. There's no need to force him to use his forum/real life name.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor
But staff can offer him the possibility of changing his forum account name to be what he really wanted.
Skilled player (1706)
Mothrayas wrote:
There's no need to force him to use his forum/real life name.
Oh, no. I wasn't trying to force him or anything, sorry if you misunderstand. I just thought it was...odd.
Skilled player (1307)
Mothrayas wrote:
An user should be able to choose for himself the name he wants his TAS on the site to be accredited to.
Theres not any real point anymore since all real names have been deleted in publications by someone. I have yet to figure out who or why they would do that.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Sonikkustar wrote:
Mothrayas wrote:
An user should be able to choose for himself the name he wants his TAS on the site to be accredited to.
Theres not any real point anymore since all real names have been deleted in publications by someone. I have yet to figure out who or why they would do that.
Not all of them. Mine are fine.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Skilled player (1307)
Sir VG wrote:
Sonikkustar wrote:
Mothrayas wrote:
Not all of them. Mine are fine.
No they arent. Theyve been changed too.
Skilled player (1637)
Sonikkustar wrote:
This really isn't relevant for this submission, but what Sonikkustar is saying is that the final publication blurbs all read <GameName> in <time> by <nick> instead of <GameName> in <time> by <realname> (<nick>). Real names haven't been deleted, they are still a fill-in box. There was small change to how the publications are displayed.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!