This is a 14.267 seconds (856 frames) improvement to my previous movie. In the end I did the last boss quicker.

Movie objectives

• Player: TASeditor
  • Time: 16:56.87
  • Frames: 61012
  • Re-records: 6956

Game objectives

• Emulator used: snes9x-1.52-win32

Comments

For those who are not familiar with this game. You controll a guy, who kills penguins and other enemies with boomerangs and stone-axes and drives skateboard in snow :), throught 20 levels, on each fourth level is a boss.
Some tricks in this run:
Falling over a stone cost 3 enery-points - a good time saver, because in the end of each level the energy-points are counted. On vertikal levels the guy often jumps with a normal jump to low, but with a high-jump (Down+A) he jumps to high, but you can stop the jumping animation by throwing a boomerang or a stone-axe. You can exactly land on the next platform.

Mukki: Judging...
Flygon: Added dem YouTubes.
Mukki: Good response. Accepting...
sgrunt: I'll handle this one.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3152: TASeditor's SNES Super Adventure Island in 16:56.87
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Good job! I will watch this later, but it is great to see such a big improvement. :)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Expert player (2581)
Now this is more like it, Yes vote for sure.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Skilled player (1469)
There is no doubt that I must give you a yes. How did you say only can improve 1-5 seconds?
Do the work.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Would anybody like to make an encode of this? At the moment, I can't download a new version of snes9x to run this movie. However, congratulations on improving the last boss. That was my only real worry with the last movie.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Ok, I managed to update my emulator and watch this movie. Much better job with the last boss, and I like how you ended the movie with a clear demonstration of hitbox abuse. Yes vote. However, I still think this could be better by firing the boomerangs straight up sometimes (maybe straight down is possible if you're in the air? I don't remember). It would make the swimming and skateboarding sections better, and it may improve the third boss fight.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
The run was good enough to deserve a Yes from me. There's a game that, to me, is similar to this game. Its name is Congo's Caper. Maybe it could be a good game to TAS... If i recal correctly, rolling is the fastest way to go through a stage.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Eye Of The Beholder wrote:
stuff about Congo's Caper
I worked on that game a while back to improve ZENEO9's rejected movie (http://tasvideos.org/2492S.html). It is a fun TAS to do. I might finish it up. (nitrog, you already have 6000000000 projects going on at once yadda yadda yadda) Anyway, this run was decent, even though I still think it could be improved a bit. Voting meh.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
sorry kids my internet of my PC sucks again. I can't upload my encode to youtube. I used the Wii to post this comment.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
What? No one is encoding this? Blasphemy! The run was good but the game was meh. I'm split between a Yes and Meh vote, but sadly, I vote me. Yes to this being published, though.
Lex
Flygon wrote:
I'm split between a Yes and Meh vote, but sadly, I vote me. Yes to this being published, though.
Isn't the poll's question "Vote: Should this movie be published?"?
I'm a born hypocrite. Enjoy the encode. YouTube too.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1814] SNES Super Adventure Island by TASeditor in 16:56.87
arflech
He/Him
I enjoyed the soundtrack, reminiscient of the gamut of early-'90s dance music.
i imgur com/QiCaaH8 png
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
thanks for uploading your encode, flygon. My Internet still sucks. It should work in 10 days, again.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Player (244)
There was one level towards the beginning where you ended up with full health at the end... I think it would have freshened up the run a bit to collect all the fruit in the level, since it wouldn't make a difference (unless I'm missing something).