Phil wrote: I will probably working on v4 later.
Well, 6 years later, I got bored of waiting, and decided to make the "version 4". It is a 175 frame improvement due to better precision and luck (kinda).

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.4a
  • Manipulates Luck
  • Takes heavy damage to save time lives
  • Fastest Time

Comments

This game is random. I tried to use Crissy, who, after some testing, has the exact same speed as Mark, but with worse luck. So I ended up using the same frame Phil used to start the game.

Some Tricks

Early Torch

Discovered by ???, it was used by Phil to obtain the Torch, one of the most damaging weapon in the game, to quickly rid the lake of Jason. I simply optimized it by 1 frame.

Jason Teleport

Not used in the run, but it works like this: After Jason flees to the left, quickly go right. He'll suddenly appear right in front of you for no reason.

Jason Cabin Manip

The room Jason appears in a cabin depend on the frame you enter it. The best room would be the one leading to a door.

Jason Scrolling

Sometimes, after Jason runs off, walking will scroll you backwards, which then Jason will attack again. Not used in the run.

Nach: I don't know, did you really beat this? Maybe the TAS is done wrong, because you tried being so fast. A slower route would mean a faster victory because Jason only gets stronger the more forceful you are. Kidding aside, nice improvement, accepting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3165: jlun2's NES Friday the 13th in 03:00.69
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Encoding (don't hurt me)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
NitroGenesis wrote:
Encoding (don't hurt me)
SD or HD? Because I have an SD encode ready, I just need to upload it. edit: nevermind, I forgot I am not allowed to encode for some reason even though I follow Flygon's guide :(
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Noob Irdoh wrote:
NitroGenesis wrote:
Encoding (don't hurt me)
SD or HD? Because I have an SD encode ready, I just need to upload it.
An official SD encode? I'll make an HD if the SD is publishable. EDIT: Starting my own SD + HD encode.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
*hurts NitroGenesis as feos' own emulator doesn't work due to computer problems*
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Skilled player (1307)
Wow. And hear I am thinking this was the most unimprovable run from 2005. I'll have to watch in a bit.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
While I writhe in pain courtesy of feos, HD encode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr0HWSyq3XE
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Wow, I'm amazed you saved time on this run! Nice job! Voting Yes.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
When my NESBot is operational again, I'll be able to see if this syncs, unlike the current run.
All the best, Brandon Evans
Short, simple, didn't have a clue what was going on but it's only three minutes so who cares? Yes vote.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Editor, Experienced player (852)
You have finally managed to beat Phil's TAS ... But did I really vote "yes" ? I am not telling !! End. .
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Bot back in business. Will run shortly.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
NitroGenesis wrote:
While I writhe in pain courtesy of feos, HD encode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr0HWSyq3XE
Thanx, I Yes-of-coursed.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Sorry, it doesn't seem to sync. Voting no because this run won't run on the console Abstaining as I know nothing of this game. I do love to see FCEU runs get obsoleted though, so I hope this gets accepted.
Active player (405)
That was pretty cool. The last Friday the 13th TAS I saw wasn't even remotely this fast. Definite yes vote.
Skilled player (1706)
Brandon wrote:
Sorry, it doesn't seem to sync.
Hm...Where does it desync? Does the enemies appear in a different location? Or did the game accepted input too late/early?
Post subject: Re: #3165: jlun2's NES Friday the 13th in 03:00.69
Banned User, Former player
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Well, 6 years later, I got bored of waiting, and decided to make the "version 4".
5.66 years, to be exact (at least according to the movie statistics, position 35 or such). Good to see one of the longest-non-obsoleted movies being obsoleted.
Skilled player (1470)
You have finally managed to beat Phil's TAS ... But did I really vote "yes" ? I am not telling !! End. . Copied from Nahoc
Do the work.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
jlun2 wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Sorry, it doesn't seem to sync.
Hm...Where does it desync? Does the enemies appear in a different location? Or did the game accepted input too late/early?
I'm not sure, as I've done multiple attempts with different results. All that is consistent is that it doesn't get very far. There's no way for sure to tell why this is.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
SD encode is now on MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?309379u5h99788z
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I can't really spot the improvements watching this, but nice job with the manipulation nonetheless. Yes vote for improving an old short run by a significant amount.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (580)
Nice improvement! Voted yes.
This was a fun watch. Thanks for such an entertaining run.
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
Still not under the infamous 3 minutes bar, but still amazing to see this very old run beaten! Congrats!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1817] NES Friday the 13th by jlun2 in 03:00.69