Post subject: Dream Team Contest 4: Rockin' Kats - Results Announced
Skilled player (1636)
The Dream Team Contest is a yearly contest where a single game is selected, and numerous teams of 3-4 TASers spend three weeks creating their best input file to complete the game. Fastest movie file wins, no holds barred! Game Selection closed. Rockin' Kats wins. Contest has begun. MD5: ef9502bbc4b7698603aa8410e3dccf1c romChecksum base64:75UCu8S3aYYDqoQQ49zPHA (from the FM2) Contestants should make sure their movie syncs on FCEUX 2.1.5 http://sourceforge.net/projects/fceultra/files/Binaries/2.1.5/ Contestants are not required to complete the "Channel X" movie, however, I am willing to compare them at the end of the competition. Cheat codes are not allowed, however, normal TASvideos site rules apply as to what is considered a cheat code. Feel free to PM me for clarifications. Contestants are allowed to use every resource available to them. Using the Awards forum to allow for approval voting instead of single votes. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11779 Schedule: Sign-ups conclude, Sep. 5th Teams Assigned, Sept 7th Games vote begins, Sep 16th, 10 am Game vote closes, contest officially begins, Sep 17th, 10 am Contest finishes (all submissions due), October 9th, 12 am (GMT -06) Final rule: The winning movie must be submitted to the site! Teams: Team 1: Acmlm, Alden, Kumquat, XKeeper - "Temporarily Assigned Sobriquet". Team 2: pirate_sephiroth, FatRatKnight, Tompa, MESHUGGAH Team 3: Scumtron, Bhetz Rhy, TheRandomPie_IV, MUGG Team 4: partyboy1a, Nitrogenesis, Truncated, BrandonE - "partycated NitrodonE" Good luck teams! We have a winner, for a 2nd year in a row, and now returning champions! Team 2: pirate_sephiroth, FatRatKnight, Tompa, MESHUGGAH Time: 59,721 frames, 16:33.71 2nd place: Team 1: Acmlm, Alden, Kumquat, XKeeper - "Temporarily Assigned Sobriquet". Time: 61,076 frames, 16:56.26 Teams 3 and 4 did not submit.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Post subject: Deign iDeign ngied Deignypoo Deigncakes Deignilicious Dane D
Former player
Then if you haven't already, get the list of failed suggestions (games) from TRUNCATED from last time so you've already got a base to start from in case there are no good new suggestions this year. I know I suggested at least one or two that were reasonable-ish.
Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign aqfaq Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign
Skilled player (1636)
Bump, its time to start this process, ASAP, before summer ends! Lets get sign ups and game suggestions coming in. Sign up in this thread, PM any game ideas to me. I'm going to do a slightly different format this year. 3 games will be selected, and everyone has 24 hours to vote. Then, the contest 'officially' begins. (Anyone can start within that 24 hour period). I'm suggesting the same period, 3 weeks + 1 weekend. Lets get this going before summer ends!
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Can I say I'm interested and leave it at that? I have no idea if I'll have time to commit when school begins.
All the best, Brandon Evans
I am in.
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Me too.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Expert player (2312)
School is starting for me soon and I have tons of stuff to do by then. I may check out the game myself when it gets announced, just for the fun, instead of being "forced" to run a whole game.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I'm in, but it will depend on the game choice as to whether I'll commit to the challenge or not. I'd personally prefer to do a NES game this year.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
I'm in, but I don't know how my time schedule changes in the future.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Former player
Dream Team Contest huh??? Well, this is also my first time joining in this competition. However, I'm not sure if I will join DTC4, because our MIDTERM Examination is on August 16, 2011. But I am still joining Dream Team Contest 4.
Editor, Expert player (2312)
Well, I guess count me in. But I might not be able to participate for similar reasons that were already stated.
This is where I make my required suggestion of Shantae, despite how unlikely it would be.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Skilled player (1636)
It appears the end of summer may not be the best time for most people. Also, if you are not going to possibly participate because of game choice, please don't sign up. It would suck for your team if you don't end up participating if you disagree with game choice, once it is announced.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Okay, I refine my previous post: I'm in, and I will have enough free time to participate.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I'd like to nominate Whip Rush for the Genesis. I just played throught it earlier (holy s**t is it hard) using a ton of save states. It should take a TAS about 20 mins to play through it. Its a 2D space shooter with 7 stages which offers a surprising amount of variety. It should be easily possible to do a fairly decent TAS of the game within a week.
Skilled player (1636)
game suggestions should be done as PM....
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
If my adviser at my new college seriously thinks I need to take CS 101 for my first semester, I think it's safe to say the workload there will be light enough to participate in this contest. I still can't commit, but it's looking much more likely than before.
All the best, Brandon Evans
Player (121)
I want to participate again, but I have a question: Is Xkeeper allowed to be on my team even though he was banned? (If not, can he be an unofficial member of my team?)
Former player
Oh my, I've left an imprint on the community. This makes me sentimental :')
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Kumquat: it depends on what rules DarkKobold decides to set, under last years ruleset getting help from whoever was allowed... Because it is impossible to check anyway. DarkKobold: I might be interested in participating. I have a lot of time on the workday evenings, but not so much during the weekends. Is team signup going to be allowed, or are all teams going to be randomized?
Active player (482)
I'm up for another one of these.
Skilled player (1636)
Truncated wrote:
Kumquat: it depends on what rules DarkKobold decides to set, under last years ruleset getting help from whoever was allowed... Because it is impossible to check anyway. DarkKobold: I might be interested in participating. I have a lot of time on the workday evenings, but not so much during the weekends. Is team signup going to be allowed, or are all teams going to be randomized?
Team signup is allowed.
Player (121)
Acmlm, Alden, and I are signing up as a team with the tentative name "Temporarily Assigned Sobriquet". MODERATOR EDIT: I have cleaned up this post. Discussion of banned users will be brought to personal message. -DarkKobold.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Kumquat wrote:
(In the event that Xkeeper is forbidden, he will be replaced by _giver, who is most definitely not just Xkeeper with a fake mustache.)
Of course not. Any carefully crafted disguise of that nature will also include a pair of dark sunglasses, after all.
I'm totally not Xkeeper.