This movie is 16:56.98 or 61019 frames, an improvement of 00:04.87 over Rolanmen1's 17:01.85 run.
Game objectives
  • Emulator used: VBA v23.4
  • Aims for fastest real-time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Takes damage to save time
New trick:
When finishing a boss battle and touching the door to Ciel's room, there is one frame window to act (and a long delay after that frame). If we do a dash-slash on that frame, Zero will move ahead, saving some time.
The usual way to dash-jump is to press both A and L. In fact, L can be pressed 1 to 4 frames after A (except while holding the Shield Boomerang or being on the wall in MMZ3 and MMZ4). If we climb a wall in that way on MMZ1 and MMZ2, it can save time.
Author's comment:
Thanks to Rolanmen1 for his help. I could not have finished this movie without his help. I think this run is better than my MMZ3 run. It is more joyful.

klmz: Accepted as an improvement to the published movie.
Aktan: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3176: hellagels's GBA Mega Man Zero in 16:56.98
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Glad to see you finished this TAS. Plan to look at it when i get some time, then i will vote, though, i expect a Yes Vote ;)
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Good run, hellagels. I like when Zero runs up the wall as fast as he dashes forward. Also, I never knew that resetting at the beginning allows you to skip the very first two screens. Yes vote.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Very entertaining and fast indeed, just what i expected, glad to help you on this. With these in mind i would like to work on the "All Stages" category run. Though, something concerning Air Saber Exp, you got one extra air slash in the Rainbow Devil fight, getting one less exp in the golem fight would be faster?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Encoding this stuff. First HD.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
hellagels
He/Him
Experienced player (758)
Rolanmen1 wrote:
Very entertaining and fast indeed, just what i expected, glad to help you on this. With these in mind i would like to work on the "All Stages" category run. Though, something concerning Air Saber Exp, you got one extra air slash in the Rainbow Devil fight, getting one less exp in the golem fight would be faster?
I really got one more point of Air Rolling-Slash. It only cost one more frame. So that it is not very necessary to make another movie.
Current projects: Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Sub 17-min MMZ1? This I did not expect. Yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
That was a fun watch. YES vote from me.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Nice job! I would definitely be curious to see if the All Stages run could be shortened by a lot with this new wall climbing. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
the new wallclimbing technique is awesome! does it work in the ZX series? edit: thought it was already published, obvious yes vote! to remind myself on what to vote: 9.1 entertainment 8.3 tech
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
mklip2001 wrote:
Nice job! I would definitely be curious to see if the All Stages run could be shortened by a lot with this new wall climbing. Yes vote.
According to what hellagels told me, it barely save some frames, so most of the time that an all stages run would save would come from the golem glitch and a few new stuff im planning.
hellagels
He/Him
Experienced player (758)
Best screen captrue:
Current projects: Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Hoandjzj
He/Him
Experienced player (603)
NitroGenesis wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVPX3xzxM4s There's the HD encode!
Thanks for the encode :) That was a very nice TAS, YES vote :)
Editor, Experienced player (852)
@NitroGenesis: Did you also encode this in SD/512kb?
Experienced player (761)
Nice :) Yes vote now
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Nahoc wrote:
@NitroGenesis: Did you also encode this in SD/512kb?
No, open for anyone.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Player (106)
the dash-slash and wallclimbing is awesome, yes vote for them.
I'm coming to here to learn English~
Player (98)
Amazing run, yes vote. Highlights are the walljumps (obviously) and jumpslashes throughout the run. Hellagel also made idle time (eg/ invulnerable boss) very entertaining.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1831] GBA Mega Man Zero by hellagels in 16:56.98