• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.4a
  • Aims for fastest time.
  • Heavy glitch abuse.
  • Heavy luck manipulation.
  • Genre: RPG
I can't write English well. Therefore, wrong on the grammar is found a lot. This TAS required extraordinary luck manipulation, so I used bots I wrote for the majority of the scenes. Unfortunately, the bots' re-record counts weren't recorded in the input movie file.
About the game: Wizardry is an old-style RPG series. "Legacy of Llylgamyn" is the third in the series, but it was released as "Wizardry II" on the Famicom because the real second Wizardry game, "The Knight of Diamonds", was deemed too difficult for beginners. The goal of this game is to obtain the "Orb of Earithin" and bring it the castle of Llylgamyn.
About "Lost Glitch": When the party is annihilated in maze, the character uncommonly does lost. Various trouble happens when you watch the table of characters including lost character. I used this to my advantage for this TAS. The same glitch is not present in the either of the first or second Wizardry games.
TAS play-by-play:
  • I enter the maze with Fighter1.
  • I encounter a monster and get Fighter1 killed purposely.
  • Since Fighter1 is lost, I'm sent to the training ground.
  • I select "watch characters" to cause the "Lost Glitch". I then push the reset button to restart the game.
    • SRAM is rewritten by the "Lost Glitch".
    • If I didn't push the reset button, the game would freeze and the SRAM modification would be lost.
  • I get Mage2 and enter the shop. I buy the "Orb of Earithin".
    • The shop's inventory has all items due to the glitch.
  • I give the orb to the queen of Llylgamyn, skip some text, and the game ends.

DarkKobold: Claimed
DarkKobold: This is my favorite type of run. Short, and totally messes up the game, beyond anything anyone expects. Everyone seems to be in agreement, accepting.
sgrunt: Adjusting the title of the game to match its release name. And... processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Personman
Other
This run is 12 seconds long and buys the central quest item from a shop. Do I really have to watch it before I vote yes? :D Edit: I watched it, and voted yes.
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
Lex
Everything in this post after the first paragraph of this post is a hopefully-helpful English-to-English rewording of these submission notes. However, there were some parts I didn't understand that someone else may be able to clarify. They're noted. This TAS required extraordinary luck manipulation, so I used bots I wrote for the majority of the scenes. Unfortunately, the bots' re-record counts weren't recorded in the input movie file. Wizardry is an old-style RPG series. "Legacy of Llylgamyn" is the third in the series, but it was released as "Wizardry II" on the Famicom because the real second Wizardry game, "The Knight of Diamonds", was deemed too difficult for beginners. [Lex notes: I'm not sure if the previous sentence is what was meant. Please review.] The goal of this game is to obtain the "Orb of Earithin" and bring it the castle of Llylgamyn. The following is a description of the "Lost Glitch". When the party is annihilated in the maze, [Lex notes: I don't understand the part here which reads "the character uncommonly does lost. Various trouble happens when you watch the table of characters including lost character."] I used this to my advantage for this TAS. The same glitch is not present in the either of the first or second Wizardry games. TAS play-by-play:
    I enter the maze with Fighter1.
    I encounter a monster and get Fighter1 killed purposely.
    Since Fighter1 is lost, I'm sent to the training ground.
    I select "watch characters" to cause the "Lost Glitch". I then push the reset button to restart the game.
      SRAM is rewritten by the "Lost Glitch".
      If I didn't push the reset button, the game would freeze and the SRAM modification would be lost.
    I get Mage2 and enter the shop. I buy the "Orb of Earithin".
      The shop's inventory has all items due to the glitch.
    I give the orb to the queen of Llylgamyn, skip some text, and the game ends.
Post subject: wizardry ii: youtube + lossless encode
Patashu
He/Him
Is there any wizardry game that can't be glitched through at rapid pace? :D
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Player (248)
I corrected sentences. Thank you for advice, Lex! Ummm, I don't understand how to mend sentences. The mistake of the sentence seems to increase further if I mend.
Lex
The run is amazing. I love it. I voted yes. You don't have to worry too much about the submission text, considering the quality of the run speaks for itself. :) The only reason I wanted to reword the submission text was to hopefully explain the "Lost Glitch" better. However, even after thinking the whole text through, I still don't understand how it works. If you explain it in Japanese, someone with a good grasp of both languages might be able to translate for you.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Imma encode this stuff
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor
I am looking forward to the "This was a toolassisted recording." part.
Patryk1023
He/Him
henke37 wrote:
I am looking forward to the "This was a toolassisted recording." part.
Just like with one of DOS submission joke. btw. Yes vote, because I like short movies ;d
<Nach> scrimpy is fretty with her sunglasses on I'm here. never visible.
This redefines WTF?! Definitely a Yes vote, more so thanks to the explanation of what happened! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow, that's a pretty eventful 12 seconds! Nice job again, MiezaruMono! You seem to really like these short, bot-driven RPG runs (though I also liked your Batman run and your Lost Levels runs too).
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
If published, I think this will be the second shortest run on the site (I could be wrong). Great job writing the bots to make this very fast run. Yes vote.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
Amusingly quick. Yes vote.
Wow, very fast! Yes vote.
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
but what? LOLs Yes yes yes!!!
Japanese text, a door, more text, a red thing, some more text, a green thing, text text text text, the door again, a woman (with text), credits. I can handle 12 seconds of incomprehensible nonsense, especially if it's glitch exploitation; buying the game-winning item for $0 in a shop... <3. Yes! =)
Oh, play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops.
Editor, Player (67)
After doing some reading about the Wizardry series, it appears that your party literally gets lost in the maze sometimes when losing a fight, rather than dying. You can send another party to explore the maze and try to find the first party. I would restate the description about the glitch as follows:
On rare* occasions when the party is annihilated in the maze, the characters become lost instead of dying. Various glitches happen when you look at the status screen **of a lost party/character.
* I'm not sure how rare it actually is, but MiezaruMono said "uncommonly" ** Alternately, "of a party including a lost character." I can't read Japanese, so I'm not sure just what he was looking at. Also, yes vote for the hilarious glitch.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Lex
Ah, nicely explained. Thanks for the clarification, Dacicus.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1834] NES Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn "game end glitch" by MiezaruMono in 00:12.86
My ADD didn't even have a chance to kick in. Post-publication Yes vote.