Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my very first TAS Speedrun.
I do an animation glitch a few times. And a crouch after win glitch.
Now on to the video.
  • EDIT* I have deleted most of the comments. Once again this is my very first TAS. I will improve once I get some criticism. And I do not think an essay needs to be typed to explain what a video is. Just watch and give me tips and pointers. I already have a new UMK3 GEN TAS in my mind but will not be made until I have criticism.

Nach: Judging.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3199: Infinite Combos's Genesis Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in 11:45.47
Skilled player (1636)
A new submission for this game should be at least as entertaining or more than the currently published UMK3 movie. http://tasvideos.org/2308S.html This movie is not. You barely use any glitches, stay as Shang Tsueng for the majority of the run, and the play is just not interesting. No vote.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Additionally, you should use the same version of the game that the published run (if any) uses; in this case, the SNES version. The Genesis version has no advantages, and it both looks and sounds worse. Positive thoughts on the run: Reptile 1 was hilarious. Glitching the fatality in Endurance 1-2 was also funny. Negative thoughts: You miss way too many attacks, and even allow some to be blocked. That looks incredibly lazy. You should never use the same gimmick more than once. (For example, the aforementioned Reptile 1. You did that same trick twice more.) You should also never use the same combo repeatedly in the same fight. It makes it repetitive, and again, looks lazy.
Previous Name: boct1584
Active player (458)
I'm voting no for the above mentioned reasons. You can't really time something like a fighting game since a TAS of them would boil down to doing one or two combos the whole time. So then it must aim for entertainment. That being said, I wasn't entertained by this much at all. Maybe if I hadn't seen the already published run (and even TASes performed of this game that weren't even submitted to this site that are equally impressive) then that might be different. In comparison to those, this is very underwhelming. Check out http://tasvideos.org/1333M.html and then compare it with your own. That run is so diverse and makes use of impossible combos in real-time. It shows completely gamebreaking glitches at some points. Reptile 1 was the only highlight imo, and it quickly lost it's charm. Seems like you just jumped into making a TAS because of the lack of human limitations. Then you let that allure make itself into a run and here's the product. Voting no, but you can always improve it and come back.
Should you read the movie rules, I know this run will get rejected due to lack of entertainment. http://tasvideos.org/MovieRules.html
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
Mortal Kombat... *sigh* here we go again... and as almost always, boring as all hell. Voting No.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
I was gonna be the first Meh vote (did I feel a deja vu now?) but ... then I rewatched the UMK3 video,... and I remember how glitched that was, and how incredibly fun a broken game can be, ... I had to vote No to this one, even if it has these 2 or 3 good parts, Reptile battle, one of the endurances, and the Sektor fatality made me at least giggle =P But if it is to play with friends, I always prefer Mega Drive version, SNES is only better on the glitch part (I grew up seeing/playing/knowing MK on Mega Drive only, and believing all SNES/MD games are better on MD .... that's just me, okay?)... XD
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Patryk1023
He/Him
Need an encode, after that vote...
<Nach> scrimpy is fretty with her sunglasses on I'm here. never visible.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
Try the WIP post that he did at Genesis forum... ? I never ran the file on my Gens 11a ... xP Direct Link
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Hello Infinite Combos, and welcome. I watched your movie. On TASvideos, we usually make movies as fast as possible. For fighting games though, this usually becomes very boring to watch, so the custom is to fill fighting game movies with glitches and variety instead. This movie had some good points, like punching Reptile, but too many bad points, like using the same combo with Shang Tsung over and over again and repeatedly missing with the fireballs. If you watch the movie already published for UMK3, you will see what we are after. Hope you stay around. Good luck with your future movies!
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
Banned User
I read your guys post and looking back at my movie I do have to admit i was VERY lazy about this movie, not much to it, ect. ect. But I am just going to say fuck it and make a NBA Jam TAS. There is no NBA Jam TAS up so it will be good. Maybe take a few days to make it instead of an hour to make it :P