Submission Text Full Submission Page
First: I hope this makes up for my poorly made UMK3 GEN TAS.
Second: The shots I did miss were on purpose.
Will just put the needed stuff.
Emulator: Snes9X 1.52
Heavy Luck Manipulation
The first half was all about scoring points and stealing the ball.
The second half was all about fails and funnies.

DarkKobold: The attitude by this submitter is totally uncalled for. I'm canceling the movie and banning his account. Learn the rules of a website before trying to participate.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3207: Infinite Combos's SNES NBA Jam in 11:35.70
Player (98)
SMV file begins from a snapshot
Right off the bat your run's going to get rejected.
Re-record count: 809
*Ugh* You've already submitted 3 runs to the site in a matter of days. I beg of you to do 2 things: 1) Watch some starred runs on the site. This way you'll understand the amount of work and dedication required to make a publishable TAS. 2) If you don't know what frame advance is, make it your best friend.
Banned User
Vykan12 wrote:
SMV file begins from a snapshot
Right off the bat your run's going to get rejected.
Re-record count: 809
*Ugh* You've already submitted 3 runs to the site in a matter of days. I beg of you to do 2 things: 1) Watch some starred runs on the site. This way you'll understand the amount of work and dedication required to make a publishable TAS. 2) If you don't know what frame advance is, make it your best friend.
Ok let me say this the first TAS I put the UMK3 in 8 minutes I accidently put the wrong video in the zip file. The 11 minute UMK3 TAS was sloppy yes but once again that was my first TAS. And last I WILL NEVER USE FRAME ADVANCED And if my NBA Jam run is sloppy or horribly (because I know the hint you are putting out) then why don't you make one? And yes 803 re-records are a little low I know but why don't you just watch the fucking the movie? LETS ALL JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS!!!!
Experienced player (954)
Infinite Combos wrote:
I WILL NEVER USE FRAME ADVANCED
never submit again please
Infinite Combos wrote:
then why don't you make one?
we are busy either doing other games, making encodes, maintaining the site, coding emulators ect... we arent looking for quantity, or you would see already a run for every game made, we look for quality
Active player (276)
If you aren't using all the tools available to you, why bother at all? Frame advance is both a legitimate tool and a necessary one for producing optimised and entertaining TASes. If you're also not willing to test everything you can within a game (indicative of the low rerecord count), then there's another reason why people are dismissive of you. TASing is not just a case of do things once, you need to take the time to test many things in order to improve the video towards the movie's goal - which doesn't necessarily have to be fastest time, but something clearly defined (look at SDR's UMK3 TAS for example, he doesn't go for fastest time there but attempts to demonstrate every character as well as the various glitches and combos in the game). I do hope you take this post in the spirit it was intended - constructive criticism.
Banned User
arukAdo wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
we are busy either doing other games, making encodes, maintaining the site, coding emulators ect... we arent looking for quantity, or you would see already a run for every game made, we look for quality
You are saying never post again if I don't use frame advance? I am against it. Some people like cheese on their burger some people don't. Some people like frame advance other don't.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Infinite Combos wrote:
arukAdo wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
You are saying never post again if I don't use frame advance? I am against it. Some people like cheese on their burger some people don't. Some people like frame advance other don't.
Then don't post on a cheeseburger forum.
All the best, Brandon Evans
Banned User
Toothache wrote:
If you aren't using all the tools available to you, why bother at all? Frame advance is both a legitimate tool and a necessary one for producing optimised and entertaining TASes. If you're also not willing to test everything you can within a game (indicative of the low rerecord count), then there's another reason why people are dismissive of you. TASing is not just a case of do things once, you need to take the time to test many things in order to improve the video towards the movie's goal - which doesn't necessarily have to be fastest time, but something clearly defined (look at SDR's UMK3 TAS for example, he doesn't go for fastest time there but attempts to demonstrate every character as well as the various glitches and combos in the game). I do hope you take this post in the spirit it was intended - constructive criticism.
See what we have here boys and girls is someone that is not a complete dick. Here let me type this again so everyone can see it THE FIRST SPEED RUN I POSTED WAS A MISTAKE I PUT THE WRONG MOVIE IN THE ZIP FILE. THE SECOND MOVIE I HAVE TO ADMIT WAS SLOPPY AND LAZY-ILY MADE.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
What you said? I can't get these small letters, could you please enlarge them a bit, thanks.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Arukado was overly dismissive, but he does have a point. You simply aren't going to be able to make a run that meets the quality criteria for this site without using frame advance. Even back in the old days before we had frame advance, players were playing the game at 6% speed and getting near-frame-precision on their inputs -- and they would retry segments over and over again until that near-frame-precision was frame-precise. You're welcome to not use frame advance. But that will negatively affect the quality of your run, and it most likely will not be accepted here. And if you don't want your run to be accepted, then why are you submitting it for publication? Please, before you submit your next run, post it to the thread for the game and let other people give you feedback. We're much harsher to submitted runs on the workbench than we are to WIPs posted to the game threads.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Experienced player (954)
Infinite Combos wrote:
Let me say differently, if you keep doing that, youll get banned, I did like Tootache post as it was positive, id like you to realize and understand that you have to change and you was wrong, wether i was a bit sarcastic or not it doesnt matter, claiming you wont use "ever" frame advance mean for us you are trolling, that result generaly in ban.
Infinite Combos wrote:
arukAdo wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
I don't understand you, the whole purpose of this site is to complete games as quickly as possible, and choosing not to use a tool to complete a game quicker is idiotic. Furthermore, using your refusal to use frame advance is a poor excuse for a badly optimised and slow run - the Mario Kart Wii TASers have produced excellent results without the use of frame advance, but with tireless work and extensive patience - something you don't seem to have. Please carefully consider all of the above statements before making another TAS.
Banned User
Hutch wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
arukAdo wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
I don't understand you, the whole purpose of this site is to complete games as quickly as possible, and choosing not to use a tool to complete a game quicker is idiotic. Furthermore, using your refusal to use frame advance is a poor excuse for a badly optimised and slow run - the Mario Kart Wii TASers have produced excellent results without the use of frame advance, but with tireless work and extensive patience - something you don't seem to have. Please carefully consider all of the above statements before making another TAS.
I will not change the time of each quarter.
Active player (276)
Let's look at the game choice more closely. With a sports game like this, it is basically impossible to set a fastest time goal, since the length of each quarter in this case cannot be changed. So what are we left with? Demonstrating glitches is the way to go I would imagine, if there are any in this game. If not, a TAS of a sports game would be quite trivial, which is why so few are published - they generally aren't good game choices for a TAS. For comparison, view the International Superstar Soccer TAS.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
http://tasvideos.org/MovieRules.html
We do not allow save-anchored movies. The movie must be of an acceptable technical quality Don't be lazy. We will try and beat your movie. We should hopefully not succeed. See the Guidelines on how to make a movie that meets site standards.
Sorry, but this doesn't meet the site rules. Voting NO and hoping your submission privileges are revoked.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Banned User, Former player
Infinite Combos wrote:
Why? I don't understand. (The only thing not using frame advance causes is to make your life more difficult.) Do you want any TAS you make to be published on this website?
Banned User
Sir VG wrote:
http://tasvideos.org/MovieRules.html
We do not allow save-anchored movies. The movie must be of an acceptable technical quality Don't be lazy. We will try and beat your movie. We should hopefully not succeed. See the Guidelines on how to make a movie that meets site standards.
Sorry, but this doesn't meet the site rules. Voting NO and hoping your submission privileges are revoked.
YAY!!
Banned User
Warp wrote:
Infinite Combos wrote:
Why? I don't understand. (The only thing not using frame advance causes is to make your life more difficult.) Do you want any TAS you make to be published on this website?
Nope =)
So you submit a movie without any intent to see it published. Established members can get away with a few joke submissions, but new members tend to get labeled as trolls. Why shouldn't we label this a troll submission?
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Banned User
Derakon wrote:
So you submit a movie without any intent to see it published. Established members can get away with a few joke submissions, but new members tend to get labeled as trolls. Why shouldn't we label this a troll submission?
Give me a penny and ill let you cross the bridge.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
It's still in the workbench lmao
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Right on Mr. Grue. Please see these movies for an idea of what we're about.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.