Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hi again. I improved my last submission by 9.09 seconds. This makes the improvement over jlun2's movie 54.28 seconds.
  • Used vba-v24-vbam
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Heavy glitch abuse
  • Genre: Platform
  • Genre: Adventure

Most of the improvements come from using the glitch to skip the teleporter in Goo Lagoon. The Carnival was improved by better optimization of the glitch. Undersea Desert is also improved by using the glitch better, and I tried making the boss fights more interesting. If you want more info on something, post in the topic.
Thanks to CoolKirby for his movie and suggesting to make the bossfights more entertaining. Thanks to jlun2 for his movie and his WIP showing how to skip the teleporter.
Suggested Screenshot [dead link removed]
I hope this movie is accepted!
:)

Mukki: Replaced the submission file at the author's request.
Mukki: Judging...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I can't get this to sync on VBA24-VBA-M. I keep getting a delayed A button press at the main menu, and then it goes through most of the intro movie. Were there any special settings you used for this? Or could you provide an encode, maybe?
Skilled player (1705)
CoolKirby wrote:
I can't get this to sync on VBA24-VBA-M. I keep getting a delayed A button press at the main menu, and then it goes through most of the intro movie. Were there any special settings you used for this? Or could you provide an encode, maybe?
I think adding a frame or so somewhere at the begining would make it sync. Nevermind, it syncs in VBA22. He must've mistakenly listed the wrong emulator.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Oops. Some hexing must've fucked up the movie. Adding 4 blank frames at the beginning of the movie makes it sync. Could someone replace the file with this? http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1541893796/tas-spongeboblotls.vbm
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
jlun2 wrote:
Nevermind, it syncs in VBA22. He must've mistakenly listed the wrong emulator.
No, I used vba 24. The file Mukki just replaced syncs in vba24.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1705)
NitroGenesis wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
Nevermind, it syncs in VBA22. He must've mistakenly listed the wrong emulator.
No, I used vba 24. The file Mukki just replaced syncs in vba24.
Oh. I thought that way becuase the other version synced in VBA22. :P Anyway, Congrats on your run! .... :)
It looks great! Brilliant application of the glitch to jump out of the Goo Lagoon cave! And all of the other areas looked better than your last submission too. One question I forgot to ask: would using the portal in Undersea Desert be faster? I know it takes you to a small room with another portal that teleports you further in the area. Otherwise, very strong Yes vote!!
NitroGenesis
He/Him
CoolKirby wrote:
One question I forgot to ask: would using the portal in Undersea Desert be faster? I know it takes you to a small room with another portal that teleports you further in the area.
I tried that. It is slower because of the transition that happen in between.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
OK, I figured you did. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for responding quickly.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
I thought jlun was co-authoring this?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
ALAKTORN wrote:
I thought jlun was co-authoring this?
No, he provided a WIP and I was without internet for a while so I made this run.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
NitroGenesis
He/Him
I uploaded the run to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YNkgUFl1FE
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Player (98)
Yes vote because of the game title. The run's pretty repetitive, I mean it boils down to constant jumping, with variation only provided by the height to which spongebob jumps. Nonetheless, I'd take it for being an improvement to the currently published run. It's obviously more optimized.
Skilled player (1705)
Nice improvement over your last submission! Yes vote.
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!