Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hi People! This submission improves the current published run by 3977 frames, all thanks to CoolKirby and Nitrogenesis!

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBA-v24-alpha
  • Fastest Time
  • Takes damageStrips to save time
  • No passwords

Comments

This game features a sponge who ventures the depths of hell to become the world's greatest frycook. On the way, he finds a pair of spring rocket boots to help him on the quest while avoiding a range of enemies like jellyfish, clams, ghost, etc, who all want Spongebob dead naked for teh lolz.

Improvements

• Optimized jumping with the spring rocket boots.
  • New path somewhere.
  • Took damage somewhere.

Credits

• CoolKirby - Started it all.
  • Nitrogenesis - Glitch finder. :D

klmz: I think I can just claim this for judging and wait a few days to see the final result.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
I'm going to improve this movie somehow, you got my word on that >:D FRAMEWHORE POWERS ACTIVATE
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Wow... Lot of improvements I'm keep seeing, but I can't wait to see this new improvement.
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
Skilled player (1306)
I think we all need to thank CoolKirby for bringing this game into our attention. Without him, we would have never had these increasingly awesome runs in the first place. As for the run, Its great! I like the new routes used here since the previous publication. Also, The spring boots glitch is hillarious to look at. So heres a hefty big Yes Vote from me. Great job from all three of you!
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Welp. I managed to save 20 frames so far. Go me.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
NitroGenesis wrote:
Welp. I managed to save 20 frames so far. Go me.
Then soon I would be seeing a 4th submission, watch another Spongebob movie, and vote. lol
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Sonikkustar wrote:
I think we all need to thank CoolKirby for bringing this game into our attention. Without him, we would have never had these increasingly awesome runs in the first place. As for the run, Its great! I like the new routes used here since the previous publication. Also, The spring boots glitch is hillarious to look at. So heres a hefty big Yes Vote from me. Great job from all three of you!
Thank you! Like I said in my original submission text, I made my movie to see just how fast I could complete the game, and never imagined it would get this much attention (or be improved by this much). It's really exciting to see this game getting finished faster and faster, and I applaud the hard work of jlun2 and NitroGenesis to achieve that goal. And, again, I appreciate all the credit and thanks I've been given for TASing a game that I love. As for the submission, great job abusing the boost after the glitch! (I'm guessing that's when the actual "jump" happens.) The new routes in Kelpazoic Jungle and Undersea Desert show that you really know how to use the glitch well, and the new Dutch Under route looks cleaner and therefore better. I hope NitroGenesis keeps the same great boss entertainment strategies this run has (though I'm sure he will). Voting Yes even though the improvement probably will be published instead. If NitroGenesis wouldn't have been able to improve this, then this would most definitely be published.
Nice improvement. Good work, Jlun2's. Edit: Yes vote.
Any word from NitroGenesis as to how the improvement is going?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
CoolKirby wrote:
Any word from NitroGenesis as to how the improvement is going?
I don't feel like improving this NOW, so this should be published for now. It's definetly more optimized then my previous movies and especially the published run.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
What? I demand my frame war!
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
NitroGenesis wrote:
I don't feel like improving this NOW
Why not? Isn't it done?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
No it isn't done. I'm just burned out after TASing this game so much. I suppose I could work on it if you guys really want me too :)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
NitroGenesis wrote:
I'm just burned out after TASing this game so much.
I know what you mean. ;)
NitroGenesis wrote:
I suppose I could work on it if you guys really want me too :)
Well, how far are you? Maybe if you posted your WIP, jlun2 or someone else could pick up where you left off.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
CoolKirby wrote:
Well, how far are you? Maybe if you posted your WIP, jlun2 or someone else could pick up where you left off.
The three of you could actively work together on a tightly optimized improvement. I'd like to see that.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Samsara wrote:
CoolKirby wrote:
The three of you could actively work together on a tightly optimized improvement. I'd like to see that.
I don't know what CoolKirby and jlun2 think, but I think it would be awesome. I would definetly like to do that.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Which VBA would we be using, VBA24-alpha or VBA24-VBAM? I ask because jlun2 used 24-alpha for his improvement while you used 24-VBAM for your last submission. I need to start practicing this glitch (haven't done that yet). Where did you save anyway, NitroGenesis?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
CoolKirby wrote:
Which VBA would we be using, VBA24-alpha or VBA24-VBAM? I ask because jlun2 used 24-alpha for his improvement while you used 24-VBAM for your last submission.
Use either vba, it doesn't matter for this game. The glitch should be easy to do, I included instructions in my 06:36 submission. The vbm I have is up to the part where I glitch out of the goo lagoon cave, bu I need to hook up my other computer to get the file off of it.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
I guess I'll wait for the vbm then. So a vbm would sync on both versions? I thought they had different GB/SGB/GBC cores.
Skilled player (1705)
CoolKirby wrote:
I guess I'll wait for the vbm then. So a vbm would sync on both versions? I thought they had different GB/SGB/GBC cores.
Don't worry, this game syncs in both versions (VBA24-alpha/VBAM). Anyway, can I join in to improve the TAS? :) Just PM both me and CoolKirby the WIP. Then I'll cancel this run.
I hope NitroGenesis can send us the vbm soon. I'm going on vacation in two days and I might not have time to work on it while I'm gone.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
So are you working on an improved movie already?
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Skilled player (1705)
klmz wrote:
So are you working on an improved movie already?
Nope, waiting for NitroGenesis to send the improvement.
Yeah, I just tried improving in every area up to the net launcher in Goo Lagoon, but I couldn't save any frames. One time I thought I was a frame ahead but the bubble SpongeBob blew (to glitch jump) hit a Beach Bully instead, so that killed that attempt. I wish we had the vbm or at least knew where NitroGenesis saved. :( EDIT: Just saved 5 frames from after the Flying Dutchman battle. So the time should be about 6:15.39 now, sans NitroGenesis' improvements.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Very sorry coolkirby and Jesse, I am going to hook up my computer when I get home from work (3 minutes) Edit: PM sent with WIP
YoungJ1997lol wrote: