Submission Text Full Submission Page
Super Metroid...adored by many and arguably the greatest game made for the SNES. Follow bounty hunter Samus Aran on an inter-planet journey to destroy the space pirate colony on Zebes!
What makes this movie special? Well, I only get hit 4 times. Once by the giant Metroid in Tourian (Required) and three times by the Mother brain eye laser (required). I take no hits other than this, including Ceres. Here, i'll define a hit to you:
Hit - To have a special animation played signifying you have been damaged in some form. This includes the falling debris in Ceres, and anything else that makes the hurt animation play the the hurt sound play, but your health retains it's previous amount.
I defeat every boss skillfully and as quickly as I can. I move from place to place quickly, pull off some (in my opinion) cool moves, and overall try to make the movie quick while slow at the same time, if that makes sense.
I ended with 87%. I estimate 94% to be possible. Why did I not go out for the final 7%? I don't know. I could have, but I didn't want to bog the movie down with a collection. When I did go out of my way for items, I tried to make it interesting.
Also a note: Since the Draygon quickkill takes damage from you, it was not used.
I finished with a time of 1:10 (In game units). I hope you enjoy it.

Bisqwit: What makes this movie better than Frenom's 51:52 Super Metroid movie? Also, 1731 rerecords for a 101 minute movie is suspiciously low for a game where accuracy in jumping is important.

Bisqwit: Ok, you didn't answer yet. Anyway, I'm rejecting your movie because:
  • It starts from a predefined save. This is not allowed in the rules.
  • The movie is exhaustingly long.
  • The rerecord count is suspiciously low.
  • The playing doesn't look that skillful.
  • Missed shots, missed opportunities.
  • Apparently aimed for 100% completion, but failed to accomplish.
This movie is lazy, it fails to have clear goals (and to accomplish them), it isn't cool and it breaks the rules.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #334: Goofyman's SNES Super Metroid in 1:40:49.00
Former player
The amount of items you collect does not make sense. There are only three possibilites for the percent. 1. Lowest possible % 2. 100% (or more, if applicable) 3. Whatever %, just as fast as possible. Your movie is none of these. Why?
Former player
I haven't watched it, but in response to bisqwit's question I'm guessing goofyman's answer would be that the identifying factor is that he only gets hit where it's necessary. However, I don't think not getting hit should add 50ish minutes onto frenom's time. That's probably because you went for so many items. However, I think the general consensus(I know this is how I feel) is that the general rule isn't "the higher the completion percentage the better". I don't think completion percentage really matters at all, except for one statement: There is 100%, and there's everything else. In my opinion, unless it's actually done somehow in less or equal time, a 99% run should not be classified any differently from a 26% run such as frenom's. If you want to do a no-hit run for this game, I would suggest doing a 100% run, establishing the no-hit rule for it. Your time would have to beat that of Red Scarlet's run(and come extremely close to Samus Aran's time), and you would probably even have to modify their paths a little bit. But as it stands, I don't think that the no-hit and "gets a high but not quite 100%" rules of the run quite qualify it, even if it were played perfectly. I"d have to vote no. edit: watching it. If you decide to make another video, be very careful in the future: you miss a whole lot of shots, and often miscalculate ducks and jumps. If you watch it back, be careful to notice every single thing which can be improved, they're reasonably frequent.