Submission Text Full Submission Page
The Dokoshira Door glitch was used to complete the game quickly as discovered by the Bulbepedia group. This run was complete on a Virtual Boy Advance using the Game Boy as oppose to the Super Game Boy setting. I enjoy the Game Boy version without frames better. I don't know how anyone didn't apply this glitch to a tool assisted run earlier. This Dokorshira Door glitch is not offered in the Pokemon Red US version. The Dokorshira Door glitch works on Pocket Monsters Yellow as well.
The door through Gary's house teleports you depending on the steps you take. There is another teleport spot that takes you past lance but you have to walk a lot further. This sacrifices a non glitched ending for speed. The glitch is achieved by hitting select on the field of Oak's Parcel. Then cancel twice and get into a battle between the two towns. In battle go into the pokemon menu. On charmander hit select with nothing else. If done correctly it will glitch out the screen. Then you can try a variety of step to teleport a wide variety of places. It's a very versatile glitch that is the only possible way to beat the red version this quickly.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3240: sprocket2005's GB Pocket Monsters: Red "glitched" in 06:42.37
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
I obviously have not watched this yet, but you claim to use the same glitch as [movie 1639]this run[/movie], which completes the game 2:18 faster.
Player (42)
Hi sprocket2005 and welcome here. I'm the author of the movie that sgrunt linked above and unfortunately I find it unlikely that your movie will be accepted, because there are some flaws that can't be overlooked. First, this game is compatible with SGB and should be run in this mode, the reason is that it looks nicer to who watches it, despite being slower than a run in GB mode. Second, you should terminate input immediately after the game ending sequence has started, so that we can time your movie properly, you kept mashing unnecessarily after the end, I haven't timed it precisely, but the end of your movie seems to be around 4:47, which is still slower than the published movie (here we consider the Red and Green versions as the same category since there's no point in having them both because of their similarities). Now to the technical part, Pokemon RBY is a game with a high technical level and you should try harder, do not use auto-fire to pass through the dialogs, it'll cause the game to lag. Also, you should pick bulbasaur and manipulate its defense DV so that it gets killed by Gary's charmander in 3 hits. Here you got charmander, didn't manipulate the battle properly and ended up taking damage for no reason, losing some time. Don't take extra steps to manipulate the encounter, the Dokokashira step count only starts after you enter Pallet. I take the extra menu call in Celadon is to avoid a crash but iirc that should be possible to do without it. Finally, 35 rerecords is not an indication that this was done to acceptable optimization levels, indeed this video beats your submission by a considerable amount.
Virtual Boy Advance
What's this? A Virtual Boy emulator for Gameboy Advance?
I don't know how anyone didn't apply this glitch to a tool assisted run earlier.
Now, I'm sure I've seen one of the TAS's using the same glitch you've mentioned.
I like Doraemon
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Lorenzo_The_Comic wrote:
Virtual Boy Advance
What's this? A Virtual Boy emulator for Gameboy Advance?
I don't know how anyone didn't apply this glitch to a tool assisted run earlier.
Now, I'm sure I've seen one of the TAS's using the same glitch you've mentioned.
You have. It's done on Pokemon Green. Voting a big fat NO for being slower then an already established run. It doesn't matter that it's a different version, since it's the same game and glitch.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Editor, Expert player (2313)
So, you literally stated on Youtube that you had only submitted this to prove to someone that this was done without cheating. I wonder why you didn't do that when I asked for your Earthbound TAS? This is just signifying to me that you are indeed faking your runs while still occasionally making real runs, and as long as you don't prove otherwise you will continue to be a dirty little faker in my eyes.
Active player (490)
Agreed with MUGG. This kid made a Link's Awakening "TAS" about two years ago that was clearly just videos edited together, because it did an impossible thing where he just got to the boss and then suddenly the stairs appeared (not to mention the character's name inexplicably changing from "A" to "THIEF"). Tompa and I called him out on it, and he assured us it was genuine, but was unable to provide any sort of input file. He then blocked us from posting any comments on his videos, and later took the run down. So in short, he is a cheater and that's all there is to it. It probably isn't gonna change.