Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my first TAS-movie. I can't tell much about this video. Cause I do not speak English. I use a translator.
In the video, passed the first level
INFO
FCEUX 2.1.5
No warps, no passwords, no programming errors, no take hits and deaths.
My aims: no take hits and deaths.
It was hard to go first to the left / right in the frame by frame animation
GAME DESCRIPTION
Stanley is a bugman. Donkey Kong has taken refuge in his greenhouse and it is now up to him to stop the ape from stirring up any more insects that will soon destroy his flowers. Stanley saves the flowers by spraying bug spray on Donkey Kong.

Baxter: There is very little I can add to sgrunt's post. Rejecting for reasons detailed in that post.
To people considering TASing this game: one of the reasons for rejection is 'bad game choice'.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3244: Egor305's NES Donkey Kong 3 "First Level" in 00:24.26
One level??? I would want to see all 3 stages.
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
The Mario with Famtasia wrote:
There's 5.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Hello, and welcome to the site. Sadly, this submission isn't up to our standards, for many, many reasons.
  • To start with, the [wiki MovieRules]Movie Rules[/wiki] state the following, which the movie does none of:
    • "The movie must be complete[...][i]t must beat the game" - this run does not.
    • "A speed-oriented movie must beat all existing records" - it is slower than [submission 952]this submission[/submission] during the same time span.
  • The [wiki Guidelines]Guidelines[/wiki] state: "Select those games which give you a chance to make a TAS that entertains viewers. Just because a game is popular, difficult, or is entertaining to play or run or TAS, does not necessarily mean that it is entertaining to watch." The previously linked submission was rejected for being a bad game choice, and I believe that still holds here.
  • Most fundamentally, it does not appear that you employed rerecording to correct mistakes; this is one of the most fundamental techniques to achieve the above goals.
In the future, I would suggest you post your runs to the forum for feedback and further discussion so that you can get a sense as to whether your runs live up to the site's expectations. In the mean time, however, this run fails to live up to several key criteria set by the site and should be rejected.
NitroGenesis wrote:
The Mario with Famtasia wrote:
There's 5.
Oh...
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
I don't think the runner will get the message. He uses a translator to write in English. Hopefully this will help him get the hang of tasing: Egor305: What language do you speak?
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Sticky wrote:
Egor305: What language do you speak?
Russian language
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
This must be a YES vote, of course not
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
I have a run of the complete game which finishes the first level 144 frames faster. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/86416527/DK3.fm2 And The Mario With Famtasia, you were right, there are 3 levels, since one is just a copy of another.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Active player (417)
Crazy game hahaha But fun.
Voted No for the reason NitroGenesis gave.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Sticky wrote:
Egor305: What language do you speak?
А почему ви спгашиваете? Why are you asking?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
So someone could translate sgrunt's post for him
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I can translate his post, but not the pages he linked to. So not sure is this helps. Егор, могу попереводить чо они пишут. Надо?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... want more!
Skilled player (1402)
Some useful links in addition to the links provided by sgrunt: You can use the search page to check if there are other submissions for this game, and if they were rejected, it is insightful to check why they were rejected. The How to TAS page is also very informative, and it provides many useful links. These pages are all in English however.
feos wrote:
I can translate his post, but not the pages he linked to. So not sure is this helps. Егор, могу попереводить чо они пишут. Надо?
спасибо не надо) я действовал по принципу "сначало сляпай потом прочитай правила"))) - я и не надеялся что моё прохождение приймут... только у меня вопрос - моё прохождение удалят из Submissions или оно там останится даже если будет 30 голосов против?
Baxter wrote:
These pages are all in English however.
как хорошо что есть google translate