Introduction

Panel de Pon is the Japanese version of Tetris Attack. Only Japanese version has a glitch as getting about 33333 points by making 32 or over combos, so speedrun is quite different from that of Tetris Attack. For more details, please read Baxter's explanation.
This is 491 frames improvement from previous run.

Information

• Rerecorded with Snes9x rerecording 1.51
  • Aims for fastest time to 99999 point
  • Plays at the hardest level
  • Abuses glitch
  • Genre : Puzzle

Improvement points

Here are improvement points from previous run.

Speed Level

No need to rise SPEED Lv.

Character Select

This game has no ability difference among characters but here are other differences.
  • Lags : There is difference about the amount of lag while playing. This is important. Elias (water girl) and Flare (fire girl) have lower lags.
  • Fast start : Another difference is the playable timing in field. This is few but Flare has later timing, then selected Elias.

Combination technique

If you combine blocks just at the same time as the other blocks combining, they become one combo. This may help you make a bigger combo.

Last Combo

As you can see, as soon as third combo is finished, then Movie end.
Generally, once a chain or combo occurs, STOP arises. Then if you're reaching on the top of field, the game isn't over until pushing R/L or waiting a little. However at 32 combos without chain, stopping don't work although STOP is shown on display. I don't know about this but maybe a glitch. (Primarily there are glitches around 32 or over combo) It helped me not re-push R/L and faster Movie end.

Thanks

This run is in fact an improvement from TBR65535's TAS, just as Tetris Attack run. 15 frames improvement from his. My run is almost optimizing of it.
Also, I thank Baxter who is the first TASer of Panel de Pon. I would never have submitted this game's run without his submission.
Enjoy.

Mukki: Judging...
Mukki: Accepting as an improvement to the currently published run.

Brandon: Publication underway.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3282: zvsp's SNES Tetris Attack in 00:40.52
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Nice improvement! The 32+ combos are great. Voting Yes.
Experienced player (765)
Thanks! For anyone who can't watch, here is my encoding (on Nicovideo). http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15580161
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Making official encode. Edit: Encodes plus optimized screenshot: Easy yes. Thank you for making this! Please look into Pokemon Puzzle League 3D.
All the best, Brandon Evans
Skilled player (1402)
Very nice improvement. Nice to see the optimal version for quick input ending finally submitted. When I made the run, I only focussed on getting the 3 combo's as fast as possible. There are still some unused blocks left in the end, but it would probably be quite hard to use the blocks even more efficient. Voting yes of course :).
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Sadly the game doesn't scream "stop" anymore. But excellent improvement. Yes vote.
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
Very nice !
Very Nice run. Easy Yes vote. I enjoyed the combos found in this run.
Samus plays the SA-Xaphone
nice run, YES for me
live life
Yes
How should I know what I think before I read what I post?
Baxter wrote:
There are still some unused blocks left in the end, but it would probably be quite hard to use the blocks even more efficient.
Especially since all that's required to max out the score is to make 3 32+ combos; extra blocks don't really contribute meaningfully unless they could somehow cut that down to only 2 combos, which seems improbable. Nice work, zvsp!
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Experienced player (765)
Brandon wrote:
Please look into Pokemon Puzzle League 3D.
I don't know about PPL... I wish I'd do. Now I think I'll improve LightBlueYoshi's run but I'm afraid of being unaccepted as he says.
Baxter wrote:
Very nice improvement. Nice to see the optimal version for quick input ending finally submitted. When I made the run, I only focussed on getting the 3 combo's as fast as possible.
Thanks much. I remember I was surprised to see your very fast combo, that's also a great run.
Derakon wrote:
Baxter wrote:
There are still some unused blocks left in the end, but it would probably be quite hard to use the blocks even more efficient.
Especially since all that's required to max out the score is to make 3 32+ combos; extra blocks don't really contribute meaningfully unless they could somehow cut that down to only 2 combos, which seems improbable.
Yes, I wish the amount of remaining blocks would be lower but it was too limited to improve that.
Nice improvement.
Detector no going and you tell me do things I think I done runnin. I just watched 40 seconds of chaos that made no sense to me. That said, yes.
Oh, play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops.
Editor, Player (44)
491 frames in such a short run? Wow! I sort-of follow what's happening here, but it's so fast it's hard to tell. That's the mark of a good TAS.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1880] SNES Panel de Pon "maximum score" by zvsp in 00:40.52
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
There are no other differences between the two versions.
No other differences? So the characters and backgrounds are the same and I'm just smoking weed as I watch or something?
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Experienced player (765)
I must apologize for my failure... I've forgot that the character select is able to skip. Here is improved one I modified by hex editing (79F saved) : http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/214742610/PdP_improved.smv Surely Baxter used this, it's indefensible. Is it allowed to make another submission?