(Link to video)
Mickey Mania is a platformer in which you guide Mickey Mouse through a few of his best films.
-Played on 'Hard' difficulty
-Takes damage to save time

Bisqwit: Processing.
You should have informed me that the ending requires user input!
Now the AVI will have some period of idle because I didn't know it is waiting for some button to be pressed.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Quite diverse and colorful game this is. I especially liked the the moose-stage. :) The playing was quite smooth, no bad hickups there. However, there was some idling in the movie. This was noticiably bad in the final boss battle. And was there a missed shot in the first castle sequence? Still quite good and enterntaining movie.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Former player
Tombad wrote:
Quite diverse and colorful game this is. I especially liked the the moose-stage. :) The playing was quite smooth, no bad hickups there. However, there was some idling in the movie. This was noticiably bad in the final boss battle. And was there a missed shot in the first castle sequence? Still quite good and enterntaining movie.
Hey. Yes, very great game. One of my favourite games on the Megadrive/Genesis :] Could you tell me where exactly I idled in the final boss battle? I think the boss battle is very well done. And the shot is because if you fall to high Mickey can't walk for a short moment, and you can shoot to avoid that. I will definitly come up with a improved version of this some time, the planning of where to lose lifepoints and where not wasn't that perfect and there are a few points in the movie where I have to wait a short moment (end of the ghost stage for example) cause of incorrect lifepoints-planning
Well done. Beautifullly animated game. This is well worth being published. Philip
Zer0 wrote:
Could you tell me where exactly I idled in the final boss battle? I think the boss battle is very well done.
It's not that bad when I really think of it. But this game has the animation for Mickey where he looks at his pocketwatch, which makes seemingly short pauses seem much longer.
Zer0 wrote:
And the shot is because if you fall to high Mickey can't walk for a short moment, and you can shoot to avoid that.
Ah, I didn't know that. :)
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Player (70)
I remember this game for SNES. Played it when I was like 11 years old or so. Kinda funny to see it again. Hmm.. Woulden't you be able to take some more damage in order to get a faster time? When I was younger I remember having trouble with that moose level where the moose chases you through the entire level. :)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [208] Genesis Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse by Zer0 in 19:25.08
great video, especially the screen shot scene! the tunes in the game are great, too. :)
Banned User, Player (142)
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
In the current encode there are credits at the end as well. Do they appear automatically after some wait?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
I've had the movie run for at least five in-game minutes after that screen and nothing changed.
Looks like the published movie is a bit incomplete then, since it doesn't trigger the credits by itself. Maybe if you hit some button they appear?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
The movie that obsoletes this one says that it had extra input for getting to the credits, which is why it's longer by over a minute.
I think mmarks solved it by hitting that button after the movie ends. If that doesn't help, then it's fine to use the encode you have.
You have to hit the start button on two different occasions, both pretty spaced apart, to get all of the credits. I would just leave the encode be.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
I feel the way it ends right now is fine. After all, an ending point was reached.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.