(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Something has survived... NES games?!? Yeah, Lost World is a pirate game, and a very glitchy one at that...
This is my 3rd revision of this TAS.
  • Used FCEUX 2.1.2
  • Uses glitches
  • Manipulates luck

Stage by Stage Comments

• I jump through a wall and collect all the eggs and win the game.
"What?" you say. "That makes no sense!" Well let me explain for you :P
Let's say you are moving up. To jump through a wall, hit "Down" for one frame and then press Up+A to jump, you'll go through the wall! LOL. I use this trick to get the eggs earlier then you are supposed to.

Luck Manipulating

• In my original draft, I picked up the rocks to use as ammo, and killed a dino with it. Then I discovered you could pause and make them move out of the way.
I hope you like the silliness of this TAS :D

DarkKobold: You have been bested.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3376: NitroGenesis's NES The Lost World: Jurassic Park in 00:55.99
Skilled player (1637)
This was.... awful. Sorry, bad pirate game, very little interesting gameplay... Just bad.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Wow, that was fast! I don't think it's very entertaining, but it's short enough to be publishable. Nice job finding that glitch. Voting Yes.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
CoolKirby wrote:
Wow, that was fast! I don't think it's very entertaining, but it's short enough to be publishable. Nice job finding that glitch. Voting Yes.
I didn't find it, this person did! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs06h5YhG0A It is a realtime speedrun and I just wanted to know what it would like TASed. And this site needs more pirate games :P Thanks for the yes vote.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Question, did you check to see wether it's faster or slower to go diagonal? From the looks of it, your y-speed remains the same, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
scrimpeh wrote:
Question, did you check to see wether it's faster or slower to go diagonal? From the looks of it, your y-speed remains the same, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.
Never hurts to check :P No, there is no difference, if what I checked is correct.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Hahaha. I'm amused by this. The run still manages to make some close calls for how short it is, which makes it more interesting. I feel this is fairly comparable to the Ghostbusters run: it breaks an annoying game with an extreme glitch. I think this is as least as entertaining as Ghostbusters, so I'll give this a Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Lex
I voted yes for the reason(s) stated in the other thread you started.
Short and breaks the game pretty badly. Yes vote.
Active player (372)
I love short runs like this. A lot of the entertainment is just in how much you broke the game. Voted yes!
Active player (405)
I laughed when I realized the movie was over already. Nice shortcut. Yes vote.
The game is boring, but the run is short enough to avoid this feeling. Yes Vote.
Editor
Yes vote on the grounds of being less than a minute long and still winning.
lol! Short enough to make a lame game interesting. Yes (if I could vote)
Come squeeze and suck the day, come carpe diem baby
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Broken enough to make me laugh. Yes vote.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
So, let's see here: we have ten or so seconds of intro followed by 45 seconds of walking from point A to point B while being subjected to poor quality graphics, music, etc. Can I have my minute back?
Editor
Only if you accept this submission.
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
Short enough, but I think my eyes and ears are still bleeding.
Banned User, Former player
Dinosaurs shooting fireballs? Artistic license or critical research failure?
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Warp wrote:
Dinosaurs shooting fireballs? Artistic license or critical research failure?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DinosaursAreDragons Though considering the game, maybe they didn't care.
I had to read the description to figure out that the character jumped a wall, it looked like he was jumping over lava or something in the video itself. It was just confusing, and not the good kind either :P.
Skilled player (1706)
Hi NitroGenesis! I've managed to beat your run by 20 frames. How? Lag reduction and enemy manipualtion without pausing. :P
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!