Submission Text Full Submission Page
I made this TAS to see how certain minigames would look. It could definitely be improved, but it is my first TAS. I did all of the minigames I unlocked minus the hard modes and I fooled around a little bit. I got good Brain Ages though. I did not have any objective in making this video; it was mainly for fun. In later TASes, I will make sure to improve this one. This game is based on the works of a Japanese man who studies the human brain, and it seems like the mascot of the game is this same man. You complete seemingly random exercises to get a rating called a "Brain Age." This is based on your speed and skill with memory and mathematics. I do not know why this game is so fun to TAS though, but I believe that it is because the game's glitchy input detection on the touch screen. And honestly, I cannot come up with anything else to type into this, because no matter how much I put into this box the content is always "Way too short." I really hope that that was enough filler right there to make the description not way too short. I do not have much more to say about the TAS, so I'll give it a try. *ahem* As I said before, this TAS was not meant to be any completion of anything; I was just having fun with TASing the game.

FractalFusion: Carmealio, welcome to TASVideos. We'd appreciate it if you post more information about the TAS.
Judging.
FractalFusion: There are a couple problems here.
First, from an entertainment point of view, a TAS of this type of game cannot simply draw in the correct numbers or play the correct notes and call it a day. We already have a Brain Age publication as well as a Brain Age 2 submission, both of which strive to be impressive and abuse the touch system to draw pictures. Because the TASVideos community has already been exposed to these movies, another movie would have to leave a relatively large impression to be accepted.
Second, there are statements from the above submission text such as
I did not have any objective in making this video
And honestly, I cannot come up with anything else to type into this
I really hope that that was enough filler right there to make the description not way too short.
As I said before, this TAS was not meant to be any completion of anything; I was just having fun with TASing the game. 
Statements like these do not belong in a submission text. What it says is that this movie was not worth submitting in the first place. The purpose of a submission text is to detail the purpose of making the TAS, things that are interesting, and why it should be taken seriously.
If you wish to post a WIP or a TAS test for feedback, use or make a thread in one of our existing forums. If you wish to have an encode (such as on Youtube), politely ask an encoder.
I'm rejecting this run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3405: Carmealio's DS Brain Age 2 "Test and Minigames" in 09:12.03
something about the rerecord count worries me, but i won't judge until i see an encode
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
Voted no. This is not even a remotely interesting game to tas if you aren't just going to draw random pictures.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
I'm currently encoding.
Post subject: Re: #3405: Carmealio's DS Brain Age 2 "Test and Minigames" in 09:12.03
Player (26)
Well, you say you "did not have any objective in making this video", perhaps the video would be better if you do have an objective.
I would like to see an encode, but a possible objective would be to make the run as interesting or unexpected as you can. Have you watched the already published TAS of Brain Age? http://tasvideos.org/1734M.html
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch0JNoXMwVA Mediafire (~11MB): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?p370t3nk89zgu80 Note that the DS is rotated 90° counterclockwise to begin with. After it asks you to flip the DS, the DS is rotated 90° clockwise. A couple DS icons are displayed to indicate this. Keep in mind that we have a published Brain Age run as well as a cancelled Brain Age 2 submission.
Voted no, there was no entertainment value. If I remember correctly from the Brain Age 1 TAS (or the cancelled BA 2 TAS?), there was some freaky stuff going on in the piano part, for example. Here it just played the notes. The same goes for the sums, no amazing pictures but just drawing the answer instead.
Editor
Sorry, this is not that impressive per say.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
well, this run looks good, but there is so much potential in the making of a TAS of this game that i can't give a yes.
Active player (372)
Unfortunately, speed isn't a good objective for this kind of game. Some of the events are perfect candidates for a Playaround, however. Similar to the existing Brain Age TAS, what pictures can you draw that the game would interpret as the right answer? In the piano playing section, is it possible to play a completely different song and still get 100% on it? Unfortunately, these require advanced TASing skills, so I'm not sure this is the best game to have as your first. Then again, if you're willing to go through several iterations of making a draft, getting feedback, making another draft, getting more feedback, etc, you could learn a lot. (Oh, and I voted no. But if you can produce something like the Brain Age TAS, with perhaps with something that makes it unique from that TAS, you'd get a yes vote from me)
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
If you are aiming at improving this one, in addition to what everyone else said, it might be in your interest to check out these old submissions by Ryuto: #3130: Ryuto's DS Brain Age 2 in 02:59.60 (Canceled) #3123: Ryuto's DS Brain Age 2 in 08:00.61 (Canceled) #3135: Ryuto's DS Brain Age 2 in 08:00.61 (Rejected) (I have not watched this submission)
Watched it. Voted no because there was a lack of visual quality of the stenciling as well as entertainment value. Nice try though!
Expert player (2581)
I'd say that your ability with the Stylus to draw is simply horrible... my vote is No, sorry.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
no vote from me. it seems you may have played this slowed down rather than frame by frame. this caused the run to be very sloppy. the lack of objective doesn't help. going for the fastest time in a game like this is definately not the best objective, a run of this game should be as entertaining as possible.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!