Comment

I have done a movie for kof2002,and I cannot show a superplay with it.Because in 2002,player has only 3 power gauge except for death,so it can only show the easy combo.
Now in 2001,the combos are more complex than other KOF games,even most of the combos need framework. You can get full power and show the best combos with any character in 2001. And this time I work on this game and have a try.

About

• Manipulate Luck to select the random character(I can decide who I want with TAS)
  • Level-8 difficulty(the highest one)
  • playaround
  • Abusing Glitch what 2001 has only
  • Random Female Character

Main Idea

Some people suggested me use 2-player for showing glitches.I think glitches in 2001 is not better than others just like 97 98 2002. 2001 has very different system that you are able to hit with more chance just like what I show in KULA's play.

FOXY

This character has only a simple combo,but using KING and XIANGFEI can make a full combo. I hope to use Ralf to support,but I fail.Ralf's support can only make some special charaters to hit just like BENIMARU.

KULA

This character can make a combo from the beginning to the AI down.So use IORI and WHIP to support her to delegate the combo.

MAY LEE

I like this character the best in 2001 and 2002,it has changeable tactics and need frame work to complete the combo. Using MAI and XIANGFEI support the combo.You can only continue attack when MAI's support make 2 hits.the 3rd hit would make CPU down.But XIANGFEI can make the character up.So this combo can complete.

WHIP

DAIMON and JOE.DAIMON can support for a long time,you can make 3 hit in this time and DAIMON can make CPU able to attack.

LEONA

So sorry because LEONA cannot continue RALF's support.

ATHENA

ATHENA has not any combos herself.Only use some skills as Teleport and Phenix Sword to make the hitting smooth.With the support,end the last CPU.

MAI

AI manipulation to make the little boss stop movement.If this continue,the time will over and you win.But I don't want to waste a lot of time.So I only show few seconds.And then use the 2 characters MARY(Terry's wife) and ANDY(MAI's husband) from Fatal Fury supporting a combo.

VANESSA

I cannot show a big combo with supporting with no power gauge. So....... Is this the last boss?

Nach: I saw this was just sitting here for so long I'm going to judge it. Please please watch this and give comments.

Nach: I'm sorry on the long wait for a decision.
Initially I compared this run to the other fighting game TASs we've had recently, and this TAS did not measure up. But accurate judging isn't judging how good a run looks against some of the best and most popular runs on the site, but for the game itself, and against an average run on the site.
The run, while it had some repetitive moves in fights, did vary the characters used fight to fight, and they were enjoyable to watch. I'm sure it is possible to make a run for this game even more entertaining, but for a first run of a game, this was quite good. This run also had a spectacular fight in the end with a boss who is in normal play nearly invincible. Watching his AI get exploited, and combo'd to death was a pleasure to see.
The overall audience responses for this game was positive, therefore I'm accepting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3418: X2poet's Arcade The King of Fighters 2001 in 07:12.25
Active player (308)
Blue Mary is Terry's wife now?
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Skilled player (1469)
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
They already have a little guy in Fatal Fury(Garou) as far as I know.
Do the work.
Active player (308)
X2poet wrote:
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
OMG that's Rock Howard! (I don't remember any little guy in Garou, there's the little guy Terry's winning pose in KoF games though, and that's Rock)
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Skilled player (1469)
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
X2poet wrote:
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
OMG that's Rock Howard!
No,that's not my intention. I have seen a picture of their marrige,maybe it is not official. But after so many years,they must be married,maybe.
Do the work.
Active player (308)
haha the "lone wolf" being married is just too weird
Bisqwit wrote:
Skilled player (1469)
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
haha the "lone wolf" being married is just too weird
Let's see Andy and ignore Mary.
Do the work.
Former player
Terry isn't married (not even in the future in Mark of the Wolves) and Andy isn't married to Mai either (in fact some of their openings tease marriage and babies). Rock Howard is Geese Howard's son. Terry adopts him.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Can anyone provide an encode of this? (It doesn't have to be YouTube.) This sounds pretty interesting.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Skilled player (1469)
mklip2001 wrote:
Can anyone provide an encode of this? (It doesn't have to be YouTube.) This sounds pretty interesting.
Downloading mtvf1's encode...
Do the work.
Does mtvf1's encode have a location the rest of us can poke at? I can hardly wait to see what you've done to this classic.
Skilled player (1469)
Player (84)
I like this! I know we don't normally accept fighting games TASes that don't have a ton of obvious glitches, but I was entertained the whole time. There was a good variety of combos and characters, only a couple spots I saw with move repetition, and we fought each character for only one round. Most fighting games bore me to watch, but this one didn't, so yes vote! Also, I laughed at how the last boss just gets kicked in the face repeatedly, but then is like "There was no way I could lose according to my data".
This was great. Daimon getting robbed of his throw assists, what appeared to be a Kula infinite...and there was time for May Lee's Hero super AND a couple mid-round taunts! And you made it look like Vanessa has a kick button! (spoiler: She doesn't.) I'm pretty sure it's not optimized, but all the same I think it definitely counts as a superplay, and I'm voting yes.
Player (191)
The last fight gone bad.
Por que praticamente só jogos de futebol têm versões em português?
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
normal play, I don't feeling nothing how a WOW! during the run
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Skilled player (1469)
wwmarx wrote:
The last fight gone bad.
Exactly I'd like to use BAO's glitch to hit the boss,but BAO is male... KIM is also a MAN,and he is able to use HAKIKYAKU to hit the down character. ANGEL is better, at first I want to change member,but I want to kill the boss in a homor and simple way,so I choose VANESSA and...
Do the work.
Expert player (2453)
Wow, this is simply too awesome! I think it's good enough to be the first KOF TAS published on this site. Yes vote.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I was also entertained throughout the whole run. Good job! Yes vote.
the run was nice, but I think there is no need to restrict the character choice.
Skilled player (1469)
flashthe wrote:
the run was nice, but I think there is no need to restrict the character choice.
I restrict woman chracter select because I may make a run for men.
Do the work.
Editor
Yes vote. It's crazy fast and I don't think SNK planned on their game being played that way.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
I am totally disappointed by character selection & combos, You totally bypassed Angel, Iori, Hinako etc, You can do some very nice Infinity combos with those players.. * Lacks some very basic combos. * 4 Power Gauge & not a single 100% Damage Combo? * You didn't do "Max Power Gauge Bug" which is very entertaining to watch. (In 1 power gauge, When opponent hits you, Block his move & press A+B, at the same Time Call striker, If done right, your power gauge will go black/white, you can use any number of gauge) Maylee's very common Bug. Link to video I don't play kof anymore, but i think this submission can be improved heavily, I can show you a lot of combos/videos which can make it entertaining to watch.
Radz.
Skilled player (1469)
I know these. I want to select ANGEL at last but I cannot manipulate her appearance, only VANESSA KULA LEONA and different assists. Angel can make infinite combo without any power gauge. I finally catch VANESSA who didn't show any. IORI,I want to show him in another movie with male characters.
Do the work.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
I'm not getting this encode to work, can't we have another one?? @___@ Why separating male from female like this was a bathroom or something? =P I know I prefer female characters to play too, but ... XD .... why not showing the best TAS combos of the best characters in one video? o.o
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D