(Link to video)
  • Emulator: FCEUX 2.1.5
  • No warps/passwords/programming errors
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Aims for fastest time

FractalFusion: Judging.
FractalFusion: This game doesn't seem very good. Issues include the repetitive nature of the levels and the jumps that cause lag. TAS play does not appear to overcome these limitations, and so I'm rejecting the run.

turska: Unrejecting under the neo-TASVideos publication system.

adelikat: Accepting for publication to the Vault

Ilari: Processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3455: XTREMAL93's NES Wait and See! in 08:57.41
Post subject: Re: #3455: XTREMAL93's NES Wait and See! in 08:57.41
TASVideoAgent wrote:
No warps/passwords/programming errors
so, the fact that you can jump in the air multiple time is an intentional game design? what the hell. this game is insane.
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
LSK
Looks like an unexciting game choice. I can't tall if the author's choice of movement is optimal, having not played the game, but the protagonist is up against a wall at least twice; I wouldn't be surprised if there were improvements available. Without comments, this gets a meh.
Player (116)
This game has levels that are too long to make it interesting. If they did that this might be more interesting. However, they did not. This run seemed a little boring and repetitive. No vote.
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
Skilled player (1637)
This is clearly some sort of pirate cart, seeing as it uses bugs bunny, without bugs bunny in the title. I personally feel that pirate carts (as opposed to the standard unlincensed tengen games) should be held to the standard of a hack, and not a normal game.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
I halfway expected this to be an MSX game, given the jerky physics. Whoever programmed this didn't really know their way around the NES.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Experienced player (508)
XTREMAL93: Is it possible to avoid injury on the second level? It seems that if you could have all three hearts going into the last level you could end the input around ten seconds earlier and just get hit by the last two obstacles you avoid.
DarkKobold wrote:
This is clearly some sort of pirate cart, seeing as it uses bugs bunny, without bugs bunny in the title. I personally feel that pirate carts (as opposed to the standard unlincensed tengen games) should be held to the standard of a hack, and not a normal game.
I agree that it should fall under the hack rule and as such I would have to vote no. It is apparently based off of a Russian animated series called Nu, pogodi! but they used Loony Toons sprites. As a side note this is the weirdest show I have seen. Twenty ten minute long episodes released from 1969 to 2006? How is a release schedule like that even possible.
Dwedit
He/Him
Bugs: Not just the name of a bunny anymore. Edit: Yes vote from me. This game is really strange, and the movements are weird, but the TAS looks like it was played well. I don't expect perfection out of every TAS submission, that's what run obsoleting is for.
This game makes my eyes want to commit seppuku to cleanse the dishonor inflicted upon them. Why in the world would anyone make jumping such a frequent occurrence and yet so visually aberrant? I could only stand up until the 3:30 mark, and from what I saw it looked pretty well optimized (aside from the aforementioned wall-running-into, which I assume is an enforced delay after landing), but it also looks like it's really trivial to TAS. Maybe I just missed a part somewhere, but the rerecord count being under a thousand is both unsurprising and seems perhaps a little high, even. I don't think this belongs here, then, for two reasons: that it isn't anything that interesting visually, and that the game is too basic to allow for any real precision-based showmanship. Voting No.
Editor, Player (68)
this is how I felt after about 5 minutes
true on twitch - lsnes windows builds 20230425 - the date this site is buried
Wait and see my ass... I waited and all I saw was.. well I'm sorry.. but crap. This was an absolutely abysmal choice of titles with virtually nothing that stood out as even remotely entertaining, let alone TAS worthy. It's so simplistic looking and too long. I'm sorry... this is a no vote. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Active player (372)
My eyes!! My poor, poor eyes! The pain!! Honestly, the horrible scrolling makes this TAS practically unwatchable. (The music is almost as bad as well!) If you found a way to make it less painful to watch, I might vote yes (though I think goofydylan8 has a point about ending input early). Unfortunately, as it is right now, there's no way I'd want to subject anyone else to the jerky motion of this game.
Seeing as how the TAS doesn't show any 'unique' traits and the game is quite boring, I don't see how this would look any different at all from a normal non-TA speedrun. To me this basically looks more like an unassisted speed run rather than a true TAS speed run. My personal vote will be no as soon as I have the number of posts needed to vote.
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
OmegaWatcher wrote:
the fact that you can jump in the air multiple time is an intentional game design?.
I think that it is not bug. It is simple feature
c-square wrote:
Honestly, the horrible scrolling makes this TAS practically unwatchable.
Funny thing is, it's better than Karnov.
XTREMAL93 wrote:
OmegaWatcher wrote:
the fact that you can jump in the air multiple time is an intentional game design?.
I think that it is not bug. It is simple feature
But... Bunny's sprites indicates that he's getting impulse from the ground... This game is amazing, and the TAS is well executed enough. Voting yes
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Seriously terrible game. The run itself looked alright technically, but it just wasn't interesting to watch. Very repetitive and limited, and the music constantly made me want to just turn it off. I'm voting no here.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Voting no because of sloppiness and boringness.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
This game is terrible, and it really doesn't lend itself well to a TAS. The ice level especially was really boring, since the level was just the same pattern over and over. And I wasn't even surprised that the ending was lame after sitting through the whole run. The jumping is laggy for some reason and the expression on Bugs' face at the bottom of the screen creeps me out. Big No vote, sorry. Please try a better game. I'm sure there are some good NES games you can find that haven't been TASed yet!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I find it funny that you have an icon in the bottom denoted by mushrooms, but yet you're collecting carrots in the levels. That seems like a place where the programmers got lazy trying to change the graphics to use Bugs Bunny. Even if Karnov has worse scrolling, the scrolling in Karnov isn't jerky and eye-hurting; it's just a little boring. This game is painful. The graphics actually make me think more of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (seriously, search Gruefood Delight for that gem!). Sorry, but I'm voting No.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
I found it difficult to watch whenever the character does a jump. It's like the game just decided to lag seriously all of a sudden. I hoped that watching in emulator would make it look better, but it didn't. XTREMAL93: I think there are better games to try. Something that looks impressive, perhaps.
Active player (441)
I'm sorry, I'll have to throw in a "no" vote as well. Although I will admit that seeing Bugs Bunny here channel his inner Tasmanian Devil/Crash Bandicoot was rather amusing for a while.
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Editor, Player (68)
True wrote:
this is how I felt after about 5 minutes
this is how I continued to feel
true on twitch - lsnes windows builds 20230425 - the date this site is buried
Dwedit
He/Him
The best part of this game is the Game Over screen. Wile E. Coyote eats Bugs Bunny.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
Dwedit
He/Him
I guess it's now Game Over for this TAS.