(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
First of all, this is a 1 player run, so it takes more time than a 2 player one.
Notable improvements started from level 4, name from it's boss, the ghost witch. The manipulation was successful, I entered the room 2-3 frames later and now the ghost dropped only balls. And it's not true that you can instantly get them from the enemy's hands.
Levels 4 and 6 were improved by taking damage from a nail and a dog.
The 6 level boss is a gambler cat. I also manipulated him to walk only 2 times. He could be manipulated to walk only once, but I should avoid throwing a card into him, until he throws 2 more cards, but it causes even more time loss.
In the waiting moments I tried to act interesting and funny.
Special thanks Brandon and Feos!

Nach: Rejecting in favor of a faster submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
...Please fix the game info, provide translations (Even if they are malformed), and make the text not stretch the screen.
All the best, Brandon Evans
Guga
He/Him
A submission in russian? Damn!
Brandon wrote:
...Please fix the game info, provide translations (Even if they are malformed), and make the text not stretch the screen.
oK!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
MUCH much better! The bosses look good! I think the run can be improved more, but this is good enough. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
mklip2001 wrote:
MUCH much better! The bosses look good! I think the run can be improved more, but this is good enough. Yes vote.
Elaborate, how do you think it can be improved. I'll translate it for the Author.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Nice Run. Voting Yes
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
feos wrote:
mklip2001 wrote:
Elaborate, how do you think it can be improved. I'll translate it for the Author.
Sure. Thanks feos! Here's the main stuff I noticed: * I don't know why boxes get picked up and thrown in Stage 2. That seems avoidable. * For the last hit on the Stage 3 boss (fire-breathing weasel), Dale waits for the weasel to jump to his level. He should instead jump down to attack the weasel. Dale will probably take damage doing this, but he has enough health to survive. * In the last round of the Stage 4 boss, both balls from the previous appearance were used. Maybe this can happen more often? Hitting twice per round, instead of once, would be a big time-saver. * Hopefully the card boss in Western World could be manipulated better.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
fiskerN, mklip2001 говорит, что * не понимает, зачем ты брал ящики во втором уровне. * при битве с 3 боссом ты перед последним ударом ждал пока он запрыгнет выше хотя мог спрыгнуть к нему сам * возможно ли было использовать каждый раз оба шара ведьмы? * надеется что можно было карточным котом еще лучше манипулировать
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
* На втором уровне летучих мышей всё-таки решил убивать. Одну мышь из за лага. Вторую мышь если не убивать, то она полетит в сторону направления дейл'а ( т е на право), в результате чего создается не большой лаг и + дейл натыкается на неё, теряет хп, и самое главное отлетает назад...на это затратится больше времени. Можно было просто затормозить на несколько кадров перед летучей мышью, чтобы она полетела на лево, но это опять же затратится больше времени, чем просто кинуть в неё ящик. Поэтому я постарался выбрать самый выгодный для меня вариант. * При битве с 3 боссом мне нужно было не большое пространство, чтобы раскачать ящик и кинуть в босса, около него не было столько пространства и он практически не стоял на месте. * Нет, обычно при повторном использовании шара за один раз ведьма начинала стрелять в следующем ходу. * С котом карточным манипулировал удачей по максимуму. Кот 2-3 раза ходит туда-сюда. Мог уменьшить до 1 его хождения, но при этом пришлось бы подбирать карту и не кидать в кота, пока он не кинет ещё 2 карты, что способствует ещё большему затрату времени, нежели если он просто сходит туда-сюда. Кстати, мой ник пишется раздельно fisker N. а не fiskerN, просто при регистрации логин должен был состоять из одного слова. Это я так написал, если вдруг решат кодировать, то пусть автора напишут fisker N. ;))
mklip2001: * it was faster to kill those bats in level 2, otherwise it lagged and caused damage. * some place is needed to charge the box * if you use both balls at once, then the witch starts shooting electric charges * manipulating the cat is described in the submission text
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Will try to encode shortly.
All the best, Brandon Evans
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Thanks, feos and fiskerN! Those answers sound good.
So... this TAS is 6 minutes slower than the 2-player run ?! Voted Meh, not sure if this should be accepted or not.
If I recall correctly, the 2P run spends a lot of time basically in noclip + flight mode, because dying in that mode straps you to a balloon for a significant amount of time. I haven't watched this movie but I'd assume that if you die in 1P you go back to the last checkpoint instead.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Derakon got a big difference, but there's another big difference. In 2P mode, you can pick up your partner and throw him as a weapon. That makes most boss fights much faster. A 1P run has to be more resourceful with manipulating boss attacks.
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
The run is improvable at in the fridge level, where player could use fans acceleration with better precision. Plus, some bosses luck manipulation is far from perfect (low rerecords counter speaks for itself). Since I like the game (and think it deserves 2 categories) I'm voting Meh instead of No. Fisker N, if you put more effort, you should be able to beat current time at least by several seconds.
AnS wrote:
The run is improvable at in the fridge level, where player could use fans acceleration with better precision. Plus, some bosses luck manipulation is far from perfect (low rerecords counter speaks for itself). Since I like the game (and think it deserves 2 categories) I'm voting Meh instead of No. Fisker N, if you put more effort, you should be able to beat current time at least by several seconds.
Он ничего не поймет без перевода :) Но вроде ты уже указал на недочеты в русском треде. Я говорил уже, что надо по несколько раз перепроходить каждый уровень, но парень слишком спешит, некогда нормально тасить. Даже не прочтение всех твоих статей нет времени :D Translation: "He doesn't understand English, but the same was already said in Russian thread. Each level must be reTASed several times. But Fisker N has no time to TAS seriously, he must be too busy with something more interesting :D"
feos wrote:
AnS wrote:
Он ничего не поймет без перевода :) Но вроде ты уже указал на недочеты в русском треде. Я говорил уже, что надо по несколько раз перепроходить каждый уровень, но парень слишком спешит, некогда нормально тасить. Даже не прочтение всех твоих статей нет времени :D Translation: "He doesn't understand English, but the same was already said in Russian thread. Each level must be reTASed several times. But Fisker N has no time to TAS seriously, he must be too busy with something more interesting :D"
Не правда, уровень с холодильником можно было улучшить. Разве что обойти 1 мышь, вторую придется либо подождать либо обойти подобрав два очка, которые в конце уровня при их посчете отобразятся на времени. Я никуда не спешу и я долго рабирал уровни. Это вам кажется, что быстро, вроде бы за полторы недели переделал игру. Но уровней то не так много, и я старался проходить по одному уровню в день, чтобы тщательно разобрать каждую деталь.
Что значит "кажется" лол? Здесь по полгода один тас делают и ничего.
Experienced player (508)
After seeing complaints about not being optimized enough I decided to give this run a go and it can be improved. I am about 35% of the way through fisker N.'s run (about 6 minutes 54 seconds) and I am ahead by 17.7 seconds. If improvements are found with the same frequency throughout the movie could be about 50 seconds faster but around 35 is a much more conservative estimate. I am going to continue and will probably be finished within the week. If fisker N. would like to try again and resubmit I will hold my submission but otherwise I intend to finish and submit my improved movie.
fisker N goofydylan8 УЖЕ обогнал твой мувик на 17 секунд, пройдя треть пути. Говорит если ты решишься еще раз переделывать свой, то он пока придержит свою версию. А если нет, то засабмитит сам.
пусть забмитит. Я начал делать, но ещё не скоро доделаю всвязи с нехваткой времени. если есть желание, пусть проходит до конца и выкладывает.
goofydylan8 wrote:
After seeing complaints about not being optimized enough I decided to give this run a go and it can be improved. I am about 35% of the way through fisker N.'s run (about 6 minutes 54 seconds) and I am ahead by 17.7 seconds. If improvements are found with the same frequency throughout the movie could be about 50 seconds faster but around 35 is a much more conservative estimate. I am going to continue and will probably be finished within the week. If fisker N. would like to try again and resubmit I will hold my submission but otherwise I intend to finish and submit my improved movie.
Go ahead. He started improving, but has no time for now.
мой новый ТАС будет готов максимум через месяц.