Submission Text Full Submission Page
The emulator i used was gens I didn't use warps I didn't use programming errors I didn't get hit once and i played the game at 50% speed
i don't know much about the story of the game. you play as this guy who goes and shoots every thing it's a fun game!

Bisqwit: Because of the weak votes this submission has received, rejecting it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #364: das_64's 32X Space Harrier in 15:44.57
Former player
I haven´t seen this run and I can´t since I dont have the Gens-emulator. It could be very well done but a tip is to not play above 20% speed to get much more control of the game. I don´t know if the Gen-emulator differs much from Famtasia either. Just a tip ;) Cool to see new guys submit anyways.
/Walker Boh
I watched this until stage seven, where it desynched. I think you have way too many missed shots. Even missed single shots. And could you explain why got hit in the first level? EDIT: And now I see in your comments that you didn't get hit once. Hmm. You didn't certainly lose a life, but something odd happened while you were on the ground? EDIT3: Aha, you tripped into a bush. Care to explain why? Apart from that, I think this is a pretty boring game for a timeattack. But well, autoscrollers quite often are. [ On a sidenote: I thought emulation on this title seemed a bit odd, like shots hitting enemies even if the shot 'still' went through the enemy. I haven't played the original so I cant say if it should be like this or not. ] Sorry, but "no". The game is just too boring, and the missed shots and overall excessive shooting isn't good. EDIT2: Maybe you should have skipped the bonuslevel if possible?
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Quietust
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
After watching it (mostly on Turbo for the later levels), I agree with Tombad - FAR too many shots are missed, and there is nowhere near the level of perfection I have come to expect here (a 15 minute movie should have had over 5000 rerecords, not just a measly 151). It may have been somewhat interesting (from never getting hit), but it wasn't entertaining. If you decide to do this game again, here are a few suggestions: 1. Don't destroy obstacles (trees, rocks, etc.) - fly around them. The closer you avoid colliding with them, the better. 2. If you're going to kill the enemies, try to kill ALL of them. If possible, don't leave a single one alive. 3. When you are attacking things, don't waste any shots - if you fire a shot, we expect it to hit an enemy. For this type of game, we expect no less than 100% accuracy.
* Quietust, QMT Productions P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another
Shingen
He/Him
Y'can't skip the bonus level, if memory serves me correctly... It's a good video, and I enjoyed it. However... the standard for this site seems to be 'great' videos only... and since there's no way I can think of to improve upon this run aside from the things others have already mentioned, I will mention them again: 1. Avoid the bushes! It's not fatal, yes - but it's sloppy 2. You did the #1 mistake most new players to the game make, right at the beginning... you went for the enemies flying from left to right higher than you can shoot ^_^ 3. Too many extra shots... You should rerecord each shot, to make sure you don't fire too many. In closing, if I was watching someone in the arcade, and they played like you did, I'd be clapping at the end. But this is not a live performance, you have the luxury of "infinite undos". They are a tool, and use it as much as you can. Edit: Oh, and now that I think about it - please record with 6 buttons, I don't like having to reconfigure to watch (I decided to watch again) I look forward to your next attempt.
Former player
I think it's safe to say that this should be rejected. Unless there are objections?
Editor, Active player (296)
Can't see, because I don't apparently have the 32X BIOS.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!