Submission Text Full Submission Page
Here is my timeattack for Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. It's a basic YB platformer where Mickey searches for his dog Pluto using an array of special suits. This game has the most pessimistic guide character in any game I have ever played. "You won't be able to get your dog back. Save yourself."
For the most part, the levels are straightforward. Running is faster than walking (duh), and so using declines to gain speed is best. Jumping conserves speed, so whenever im on flat land or on an incline, I'll use this technique to save speed. I take the occasional hit to save time, but since every level only warrants two hits until death, you wont see much of that. The only fight I think could be better done is Pete himself, but that would somehow require you to make him stay walking into a corner, which is impossible.
There are a few points where it seems like I don't move optimally (examples including a spring jump in the wrong direction and some odd throws). These are done to either conserve speed or manipulate enemy actions/placements, which saves time overall.
  • Played on Hard mode
  • Takes damage to save time
Zurreco: Cancelled because I'm an idiot. Will have better version soon enough.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #365: Zurreco's SNES Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse in 20:36.40
Former player
i just started playing this game yesterday! It's kinda fun... i'll check out your submission now. Hope its good ;)
Former player
Awesome man! This game is surely great. Can't watch the run yet unfortunately but Im sure it's good.
/Walker Boh
Former player
I played this game a lot as a kid and I have a strong feeling that you could skip all the dialogues by pressing start. Not sure though. In 6-3 there is an arrowblock before the cannon dudes. Can't you use that to get up faster? Also I definitely think your best bet would be to use the magician on the last two bosses. It is MUCH more powerful than the fireman. If jumping on the skating-boss is faster, then it's fine, but at least against Pete you should use the magician. EDIT: Just checked it, and yes, you can skip the dialogues with start.
Former player
Had no clue about the dialoues >_< I'll redo the run. And for reference, you need the fireman during Pete so that you can stop the wall of blocks/flame lanterns. Also, jumping is faster than anything for the skating boss, and so the fireman is just used for added damage and the ability to freeze the shots for an extra jump or two.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Zurreco wrote:
Had no clue about the dialoues >_< I'll redo the run.
hmm too bad you didn't knew that before =/, it's really pity you have to re-do this whole thing just cause of that...
Former player
shit happens. I had initially tested every button for the first dialogue. I guess i didn't press start hard enough.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine