Submission Text Full Submission Page
Ninja gaiden was the hardest game in nes known for its frustating enemies. But author manage to make it easier. Movie obsolete nothing but still good to watch.
I used shortcuts , glitch, abuses programming errors.
With up+down+left or right+left you can move backward
if you press the forward button screen in ladder you can zip inside the wall.

FractalFusion: Judging.
NitroGenesis: Removed useless branch and corrected game name.
FractalFusion: It seems the author is planning to make a new version, so I will cancel this submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3506: Marx's NES Ninja Gaiden in 10:57.93
Skilled player (1705)
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
jlun2 wrote:
....Why submit 2 runs of the same length? =/
Probably either by accident, or because the user doesn't know how to edit submission text without submitting again. (Note the submission text is different)
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Does not use the !U Rom... but it still syncs fine.. and damn that was an impressive run! I must admit, never thought about zipping being possible. You definitely made this run your own! Voting Yes!~ Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
It still doesn't beat the published run, so I'm voting No.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Marx, your TAS looks pretty good and technically well-done for a start. However, to be published, you will have to do better than the currently published run. If you wish, you can try to obsolete it, but it won't be easy, I think. You will have to look carefully at the published run, in FCEU(X) using input display, and see how to be faster than it. Also, this is important. Please note that the times calculated for FCEUX use 60.1fps whereas FCEU uses 60fps. So the times that appear smaller for FCEUX movies. Use the frame count to compare.
Banned User, Skilled player (1164)
Hellow Marx,your TAS looks pretty good.But Scumtron has shared his latest WIP which is 33Frame than the the currently published run,herehttp://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60 Please try to improve this.
work hard
Slower than the published run, so voting No is the only option.
Player (151)
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
...never thought about zipping being possible...
Reading that got me all excited, then I watched the run and saw that the "zipping" was just the same thing as in the published run. Rough breakdown of where this run loses time compared to the published run and my 39119 WIP:
	   Marx	  Pub.	39119 WIP
lv1	3151	 -2  	-2
lv2	9711 	-31 	-33
lv3	14510	-79	 -87
lv4	22136	-127	-148
lv5	30254	-277	-313
lv6	39541	-380	-422
Good effort if this is your first try at a TAS, Marx. But there are lots of mistakes that could have been avoided with closer scrutiny of the published run (and WIPs that have been posted around here since). You seemed to get particlurly sloppy starting around level 5, and the hit taken from the tossed club in 6-2A should have been entirely avoidable by grabbing the spin-slash in 6-1 or possibly by killing a frame or two before that enemy appears on screen. If you want to continue working at this game, don't hesitate to post any thoughts/ideas/questions in the thread for it!
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
You forgot to capitalize the G in the title, no vote.
Skilled player (1705)
rog wrote:
You forgot to capitalize the G in the title, no vote.
Lol! In any case, to vote, because it is the best.
Impressive run, however it fails to beat the current one.
Player (124)
Anyway i guess no one like the movie .but i think i can improve it to 10:51 third boss has complete 5 frame faster than scumtron's published run.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Player (151)
Marx wrote:
Anyway i guess no one like the movie .but i think i can improve it to 10:51 third boss has complete 5 frame faster than scumtron's published run.
Keep in mind that to improve level 3, you have to consider the end-level score-tally, which is why the published run wastes time unloading the extra special attacks in 3-1, and why I since improved on that by simply using the throwing stars on the boss — which just so happens to kill him just as fast as the firewheel does in the published run. Other significant improvements made since that run was published: * the bat-boost in the middle of 4-1A was slower than dropping down and climbing the wall * dropping to the floor before climbing the wall and getting the spin-slash was slower than jumping directly to the wall. * adjust the wall-climb in 5-3C so that Ryu goes back and forth across a tile-boundary freezes the enemies so they can be avoided * applying xipo's idea of abusing the persistence of special attacks from screen to screen to get early hits on a boss worked to kill the first of the three final bosses five frames faster So, if you do intend to make further improvements, do compare to this 39119 WIP. If anyone is curious as to why I haven't submitted this yet, I'm still holding out hope that I can make this 2nd bird-boost in 5-1 work, but it's like totally complicated.
Player (124)
I think windmill star will faster in 3rd boss since you use start dealing damage to him by using it at the end of level in 3-2 (xipo's idea) but imo it will be impossible to do this with small star as it did not return (windwill will return and hit him) and there secret bird in 3-2 where football player is after you so you have press back for 1 frame .it might help us to boost to that platform instead of landing of ground jumping on to that platform.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Player (124)
There a lot of bird that won't appear until you move back.
Jungon wrote:
Player (151)
Regarding secret-bird boosts in 3-2: Yep, I never did manage to get that to be even close to being faster than the 20 frames of forward movement lost by going over that wall normally, but I can't entirely rule out the possibility. Another obvious candidate for backwards-movement-summoned enemy-boosting would be the birds on the bridge in 4-2 and the ladder leaving the stage, which I've also spent a lot of time trying to make work with no success. It's difficult to say for certain that these will never work due to the number of variables involved: initial enemy x-subpixel position, the two RNGs, Ryu's movement from when the enemy is brought on screen and where the boost is desired. lvl 3 boss: you can actually get in two preemptive hits with the small star that way, but I was unable to save time by doing so. I would expect the windmill star to be slower no matter what since you can only have one on screen at a time, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Player (124)
throwing star to left instead of right before 3rd boss in 3-2 we can hit him with two star because throwing to right doesn't hit him.
Jungon wrote:
Player (151)
Yeah, that's what I meant. Like this, right? But I don't think it can save time here since turning around costs time, and in this case those ''free'' hits take just as much time as the finishing blow(s) will take in the boss room. It works out for the 6-4A boss because Ryu can turn around without losing time there, and because the position of the boss there. EDIT: Gosh dang it, turns out that this can kill the 'Basaquer' two frames faster. It looks super-boring too.
Hi Marx, this run you've make is great. The run are so stylish better any other players as you've made me so excited when i'm watchin' you play. But even if u are stylish player you still can't beat the current run. Try improving third boss like Scumtron. And even u still didn't beat the current run u are most excited runner fo me. I say Goodluck fo yo next run if you are making a new run. I voted 'Yes'.
Player (124)
When are you going to upload your run
Jungon wrote:
Player (151)
When? I've been poking and prodding at this game, off and on, over that last six years, and I'm in no particular hurry about it. There are still many little things that need more investigation before I'd be content submitting a new version here. That being said, I don't anticipate coming up with anything that differs much from the 39119 WIP I already posted in this thread.
Player (124)
So you haven't work on your ninja gaiden 2 run.
Jungon wrote:
Player (151)
Marx wrote:
So you haven't work on your ninja gaiden 2 run.
Not at all. Xipo has shown that it's improvable, but I just haven't been interested in messing with that game.
Player (124)
Then i think i will remake xipo's run as nobody is not doing it.
Jungon wrote: