(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is an April's Fool run.
  • Emulator Used: Snes9x v1.52-rr (svn184)
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Any % (gets worst ending)
  • Uses a password
This is the story of a boy that is left in charge of managing a farm all by himself.
Normally, there are many activities you can do in this game, like to meet the villagers, get a chance to woo the girls, get married, have children, grow crops & attend to festivals, among other things. What their parents didn't knew is that Jack didn't wanted to do anything, so he just visit the town the first day and then do what Rip van Winkle & sleeps for 2 and a half years & skips to the ending.
I have a collection of memory addresses that could help anyone that is interested on making a normal run (though, it would likely be rejected for poor choice...): http://www.erick.guillen.com.mx/Codes/SNES%20Harvest%20Moon.txt
I'll provide some technical information I didn't included when I submitted it:
  • Naming "Jack" as either "A" or "e" takes the same time, so I decided to use the latter
  • When you visit the town, you are required to talk with 6 people before you can exit:
    • Flower Shop Owner (Nina's mother)
    • Nina (Flower shop)
    • Maria (Church)
    • Eve (Bar)
    • Ann (Tool shop)
    • Livestock Store Owner (Ellen's Uncle)
  • When you leave the town, you're forced to return home and finish the day.
    • There is a password that you can use when you go to bed. Press Select + L + R, it will take you to the credits.
There are many types of endings in this game (up to 20, according to a guide). Since in this game you hardly play, you'll receive the worst ending. This is the requirement to trigger it: Unmarried, happiness less than 100, no livestock
Credits: Admiral's FAQ from GameFAQs, describes the requirements of all the endings (and other useful information if you plan to play it normally

FractalFusion: Rejected for using a password/code to skip to the credits. Nice try though.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3516: samurai_goroh's SNES Harvest Moon "any%" in 02:18.78
i didnt get how the game ends so fast
Run..Run...Run.....
Editor, Player (53)
wicked wrote:
i didnt get how the game ends so fast
Added detailed information into the submission (is due to a password sequence).
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
Editor
The player decided to not play Farmville's older (and MUCH better) brother and instead, runaway from home and join the circus, or something like that.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Player (155)
Giving away that it's an April Fool's submission in the first line ruins all the fun. The idea is that you're supposed to--you know--FOOL someone. Voting no.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
tall wrote:
Giving away that it's an April Fool's submission in the first line ruins all the fun. The idea is that you're supposed to--you know--FOOL someone. Voting no.
If you read none of the text, skipping down the page to look for an encode, then you won't see it anyway. Not that I normally do that; just on April Fool's Eve (apparently) and April Fool's Day. Anyway, Meh vote on the run.
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
CoolKirby wrote:
tall wrote:
If you read none of the text, skipping down the page to look for an encode, then you won't see it anyway. Not that I normally do that; just on April Fool's Eve (apparently) and April Fool's Day. Anyway, Meh vote on the run.
April fool's eve is just called April Fool's day in another time zone.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
rog wrote:
April fool's eve is just called April Fool's day in another time zone.
Right. I just didn't know how else to describe it.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Looks like the whole farm died after a night of sleep.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom