(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page

After surviving the events of Raccon City with Leon and Claire, Capcom thought it wouldnt be sufficiant so they recycled some doors and made that mini-game.
Help Hunk to survive the horror once again and bring back the G-virus to Umbrella!

Summary

• Use Sram to unlock 4th Survivor mode
  • Takes Damage To Save Time
  • Manipulates Luck
  • Emulator used: PCSX-RR (1.3)
  • Length:06:14. Frames:2484 Re-records:499
  • Doors Opened : 24
  • Zombies Killed : 0
  • Colors a piece of Tofu in red

The main reason pcsx-rr was used is a bug in psxjin that make the game "loop" when a memory card is attached to the movie. Enjoy!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3536: arukAdo's PSX Resident Evil 2 "The 4th Survivor" in 06:14.73
Post subject: Re: #3536: arukAdo's PSX Resident Evil 2 "The 4th Survivor" in 06:14.73
Editor, Experienced player (608)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
The main reason pcsx-rr was used is a bug in psxjin that make the game "loop" when a memory card is attached to the movie.
Isn't this an emulation glitch? Shouldn't you be trying not to abuse those? EDIT: My mistake. Sorry, I totally misread what he wrote here. This is like the third time I've done something like this to someone in two hours. I'm going to bed already...
Post subject: Re: #3536: arukAdo's PSX Resident Evil 2 "The 4th Survivor" in 06:14.73
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
CoolKirby wrote:
TASVideoAgent wrote:
The main reason pcsx-rr was used is a bug in psxjin that make the game "loop" when a memory card is attached to the movie.
Isn't this an emulation glitch? Shouldn't you be trying not to abuse those?
Psxjin's behavior would be an emulation glitch. pcsx was used to avoid it.
Experienced player (954)
Well I actually havent abused anything, its just you cant record the movie in psxjin due to that bug
I've edited my above post. -CoolKirby (my username is currently hidden)
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I love how the ladder still makes the "clang clang" sound when a giant piece of tofu is climbing it :-) Also, I guess the moral of this run is that tofu must not be tasty for zombies. I mean, you run right up against spiders, and they don't eat any of you! (There are a couple enemies who try harder to take a bite out of you, though, like the crawling dude at around 4:38 in the video. And, of course, there's the very ending of the video...) Yes vote for making tofu slightly more red over the course of the run.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Interesting run by the way, and somewhat entertaining. I can't say I've seen a block of tofu run before.
Why does this run only get an A ranking? Is there not an S ranking? Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Experienced player (954)
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
Is there not an S ranking?
No, its on jap version theres "S" ranks, iirc
arukAdo wrote:
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
Is there not an S ranking?
No, its on jap version theres "S" ranks, iirc
Ahh then that makes sense. I can now vote Yes with this info. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Active player (434)
always wondered what would would be the fastest method for this,saw lots of new stuff,still think it could be improved on the room which has lots of zombies after main hall second floor but i'm not sure myself..
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Active player (372)
??? Okay, that's filled my weirdness quota for today. Yes vote.
Does that qualify for a bad ending?
Experienced player (954)
No, its only a mini-game. This movie need to be rejected, I was simply looking toward a confirmation that Hunk Mode was preferred over Tofu Edit: rejecting it isnt totally useless, once the hunk run is made at least there wont be a debate wether or not we should use tofu instead hunk... hence why I wasnt cancelling it, I know this run isnt perfect anyway but hopefully the judge will understand my point.
Skilled player (1706)
arukAdo wrote:
No, its only a mini-game. This movie need to be rejected, I was simply looking toward a confirmation that Hunk Mode was preferred over Tofu
Inb4 this run becomes another "example" of judges "disregarding" the number of votes when rejecting runs. I voted yes for this to be published.
Experienced player (954)
I was aiming at making a fun movie and its not perfect, this is why the unassisted (japanesse) link I provided is beating my time, but I found it usefull to use this movie as Hunk VS Tofu debate, and hear the official decision over it. I dont think Hunk + Tofu publication would be any good, its basicly the same exact thing with a different skin. Now it could be only Tofu and not Hunk, it would be great to know that before doing a real run. Edit: Another way to handle this is to put some magic in this submission by reseting the vote counter and change the votes to "Hunk" "Tofu" and "I dont care"
Editor
Uhm, where is the sram verification movie?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom