Submission Text Full Submission Page
This TAS for speed, here didnt beautiful moments
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters Difficulty: Hard SpeedRun No damage 1 Player, Leonardo

DarkKobold: Judging

DarkKobold: This run had pretty abysmal feedback. I'd say that this game, especially on the NES, is not fit for publication. There are two better platforms for this game that might be publishable. Sorry, better luck next time.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
syncs on fceux 2.1.5
  File: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters (U).nes
CRC-32: ac05464f
   MD4: d200b4f9befc65dc3e688ac9dfffb5fd
   MD5: 2029e6af90f987fa2ac7aa5d19edfdb4
 SHA-1: 182f901142530a509a7c9f5831b5a7f7f4c923a8
Active player (434)
pallete swapping at its best...if we have karate master and ye air kung fu speedruns,i think this one's okay too.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Guga
He/Him
Instead of just putting "bla, bla, bla", it would be a good idea to ask to someone who knows English and Russian and translate it for you.
Experienced player (508)
I really didn't find it all that interesting and don't believe it will be published. The kick than throw, kick than throw got boring fast. I would be more welcome to this if there was a submission text (even poorly google translated) that explained what made this run distinct from a well played real time fighter.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I found this repetitive and not very entertaining. Any reason you used similar moves for every fight? At least tell us something other than "bla bla bla...". Why are the Turtles fighting each other in this game anyway? It would be like the Power Rangers suddenly deciding to fight each other. It might make a decent game, but why would you fight your teammates? I haven't voted yet. EDIT: Voted No.
Active player (434)
i think the movie is really about speed,not trying to be entertaining,just going for the fastest kills only.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
grassini wrote:
i think the movie is really about speed,not trying to be entertaining,just going for the fastest kills only.
Yeah! Guys, this TAS for speed, here didnt beautiful moments.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
The so-called "beautiful moments" are what make fighting game TASes worth watching. This got boring in a big hurry, because you did the same thing to every opponent. Voting No.
Previous Name: boct1584
This is absolutely awful. I don't even know where to begin; 1) TMNT was an interesting and popular game for the SUPER NINTENDO. The NES version was a shitty mess that no one cares about. It's about as relevant and appropriate for a speedrun as the NES version of Street Fighter 2. Which is to say not at all. It's actually mind-boggling that someone would choose the NES version of TMNT to do a speedrun of unless they were trolling. 2) The movie was extremely repetitive and boring. 3) The movie displayed virtually no skill; your play is very simple, brain-dead, and easy for any beginner to replicate. 4) I am 99.99% you didn't even come close to finishing the rounds as quickly as you could have. The whole play-through looked like something I could cook up in 20-30 minutes with a couple of re-records here and there. The last point is the only one I'm not completely certain of, but at any rate, any of the first three points (let alone all of them) is enough to disqualify this mess. No vote.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
The NES version was a shitty mess that no one cares about.
Do you realize what you just have said?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
IronSlayer wrote:
This is absolutely awful. I don't even know where to begin; TMNT was an interesting and popular game for the SUPER NINTENDO. The NES version was a shitty mess that no one cares about. It's about as relevant and appropriate for a speedrun as the NES version of Street Fighter 2. Which is to say not at all. It's actually mind-boggling that someone would choose the NES version of TMNT to do a speedrun of unless they were trolling.
I think you voted no, because you game shitty seemed.
Active player (372)
Unfortunately, fighting games are not good candidates for speed running, and this is no exception. I think you did a good job, but it's just not a good game choice. Voting 'no'.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Good: * You don't use the same combo for every fight. * Some moves look funny. Bad: * Extremely repetitive * Fighting game TASes don't look good when you play for speed. Good try, but I think this can be better. I'm pretty sure there are funnier fighting games for the NES, if you like playing the NES best.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
mklip2001 wrote:
Good: I'm pretty sure there are funnier fighting games for the NES, if you like playing the NES best.
I dont able do other emulators :D
Guga
He/Him
TASes of fighting games aiming for the fastest time are terrible. A Playaround would be good for a yes vote. But... this not.
I think the only fighting game of even the slightest merit for the NES was Fatal Fury Special.
You definitely should have used the SNES version if you were going to TAS this game. At any rate, it's repetitive and boring, so an easy No vote. Most fighting game TASes don't aim for fastest speed, and this is why.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
IronSlayer wrote:
I think the only fighting game of even the slightest merit for the NES was Fatal Fury Special.
I realize that after a person throws in insults, he gets blind to any replies, but nevertheless I will say you one thing: owning an SNES in '90-s in Russia is certanly an honour and a privilege, only the chosen ones were worthy to play it, but that never gives them a right to shit on games on other consoles that they know nothing about. You may think that the power that console provides to developer authomatically makes games awesome, and even that the more powerful the console, the more amazing the games, but it is not true at all. We have a comunity of online players competing in NES TMNT, recording insane videos of what is in fact possible in this game, and speaking shit of it not having seen these vids is childish, but I doubt you ever thought of looking for proofs of your words. Or did you?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
Suggesting SNES version (or Genesis one) is as offtopic as suggesting author to TAS Mortal Kombat instead of this game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles:_Tournament_Fighters wrote:
three different fighting games based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise
See, these aren't ports in any way. All 3 games have different fighters, different gameplay modes and different mechanics of fighting. I assume all 3 games should be TASed to check their entertainment potential.
feos wrote:
We have a comunity of online players competing in NES TMNT, recording insane videos of what is in fact possible in this game
Then please go ahead and record a playaround showcasing all the funny tricks. Even if IronSlayer will vote No on that playaround just for the sake of his hatred for NES version, other people should find the playaround entertaining. As for this speedrun, I have to vote No because of extremely repetitive scenarios.
AnS, we are going to finish this playaround some day, but we want to include all possible tricks (of those that aren't obvious or intuitive), so we need to watch ALL matches from the very beginning, this won't be finished any time soon. But we definitely will do our best to match the Fighting Playaround standard! As for this submission, the result looks either like a joke, or like a trolling. Surely voting No! PS: if anyone is interested, here you can watch the videos I mentioned: http://cowabunga.ru/forum/4 (both 2 threads).
feos wrote:
IronSlayer wrote:
I realize that after a person throws in insults, he gets blind to any replies,
Those were not "insults", but an honest response to the movie. The submission didn't look serious in any way; it's something that virtually anyone can throw together in an hour on a poor game choice.
feos wrote:
but nevertheless I will say you one thing: owning an SNES in '90-s in Russia is certanly an honour and a privilege, only the chosen ones were worthy to play it,
Well aware of it sir, considering I was born in Moscow in 1987 and lived there until 1992. What the hell is your point? What does it have to do with TAS video standards?
feos wrote:
but that never gives them a right to shit on games on other consoles that they know nothing about. You may think that the power that console provides to developer authomatically makes games awesome, and even that the more powerful the console, the more amazing the games, but it is not true at all.
I don't know where you are coming up with all this nonsense. This bizarre rant has nothing to do with anything I wrote.
feos wrote:
We have a comunity of online players competing in NES TMNT, recording insane videos of what is in fact possible in this game, and speaking shit of it not having seen these vids is childish, but I doubt you ever thought of looking for proofs of your words. Or did you?
I would love to see this supposed "community". I highly doubt it exists, but I will give you an opportunity to show otherwise. By the way, I am well aware of a very small community that plays SNES TMNT (Genesis TMNT doesn't have one because April has an auto-win against every character), but I have never heard of one for the NES.
AnS wrote:
Then please go ahead and record a playaround showcasing all the funny tricks. Even if IronSlayer will vote No on that playaround just for the sake of his hatred for NES version, other people should find the playaround entertaining.
If he can produce an interesting playthrough of the NES version, I will judge it accordingly. There are many bad games on this site that have decent or even good speedruns. That doesn't change the fact that the NES TMNT is a crappy, substandard fighter, though.
Hmm, after I vote yes, I realised it won't be published. This is my favourite game when I was a kid. It's still fun to play even now. The way it was beat in this run is simple and effective, and as it's quite short run, I feel it's decent. And, why they beat their teammates? I would ask one simple question: Would anyone just let his friend beat him if he wants to be the champion of a tournament? I don't think anybody would answer "Yes, just kick my ass and take the medal." It's not team fight, it's single fight, why would even bother to think about teammates? But, anyway, I wasn't trying to persuade anyone to change their minds. At least I enjoyed it. Thank fisker for this run. Hope you can finally publish some runs satisfying most people's tastes.
IronSlayer wrote:
TMNT was an interesting and popular game for the SUPER NINTENDO. The NES version was a shitty mess that no one cares about.
Here you insult the whole country that played that game in '90-s and loves the game that was of fantastic quality, graphics, music and gameplay (you know, in 1993 Konami (and others) pulled maximum from NES abilities, but I won't be surprized if you call Zen Intergalactic Ninja or Battletoads & Double Dragon also a shitty mess).
feos wrote:
Do you realize what you just have said?
I am personally insulted by your post, knowing this game rather well, but you suddenly got blind and replied on a note unrelated to my question.
IronSlayer wrote:
Seeing that, I quote the post where you say something unrelated to the insult and my reaction.
feos wrote:
PS: if anyone is interested, here you can watch the videos I mentioned: http://cowabunga.ru/forum/4 (both 2 threads).
Here I link the community and (surptize!) namely the the videos I was talking about, but:
IronSlayer wrote:
I would love to see this supposed "community". I highly doubt it exists, but I will give you an opportunity to show otherwise.
You are still blind and even doubting in the very words of your opponent. And again:
IronSlayer wrote:
the NES TMNT is a crappy, substandard fighter, though.
Are you fucking kidding me???
Editor, Experienced player (608)
aluoaniki wrote:
And, why they beat their teammates? I would ask one simple question: Would anyone just let his friend beat him if he wants to be the champion of a tournament? I don't think anybody would answer "Yes, just kick my ass and take the medal." It's not team fight, it's single fight, why would even bother to think about teammates?
Why are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fighting each other anyway? They're a team, and they're all good guys. So why are they fighting each other?