Goals -Aims for Fastest time
-Uses Damage to Save Time
-Luck Manipulation
-Uses programmer errors/glitches
-Plays on hardest difficulty
-One Level Only
Emulator Used: SNES9X v 1.53
Cancelled due to it can be improved and completed:
FractalFusion- I've watched the run a couple times and tried out a few things. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement in the first level you did (which is actually Mission 2).
- Keep jumps as short as possible. Just by tapping B for one frame, the character does a short jump. The less you press B, the shorter the jump.
- You can take damage to speed things up so you don't have to slow down for everything. I noticed you end the level with a lot of health.
- You can jump continuously to climb up a chain quickly.
- Try not to let things slow you down. Shoot enemies quickly, or avoid them, maybe by jumping over them. Take short routes if you can.
- I noticed one section where you flip the two switches in the opposite order that you come across them.
If you can somehow get this level down to 6 minutes (rather than 8), then I'd project the final time to be more like 30 minutes as opposed to 40, and I guarantee the level which you did here will look a lot better. There isn't any point to doing one level only as a submission because it simply isn't complete, so the whole thing should be done before it is submitted.
You can start a new thread in the SNES Forum for this game, if you like feedback on your WIPs.
Anyway, Snes9x v1.52-rr and v1.53 aren't tested well, since most people use either v1.43 or v1.51. I suggest using v1.51, but you can do whatever you like.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3587: Cooljay's SNES Lethal Weapon in 08:18.17
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Welcome to the forum, Cooljay. Which version of emulator are you using? Snes9x v1.52-rr? I haven't been able to play it back properly. It seems to desync around frame 4500.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Hello FractalFusion. I was using SNES9X V 1.53 Didn't know about SNES9X V 1.52-rr until the later end of recording I'll be sure to use that one you suggested for the next TAS I do
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Cooljay, you might want to have "one level only" as a branch instead of part of the game name. Also, welcome to the site!
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
CoolKirby wrote:
Cooljay, you might want to have "one level only" as a branch instead of part of the game name. Also, welcome to the site!
Updated that Thanks!
Player (21)
I'll wait for an encode before voting. But I can tell you now you may want to look at the site rules page before submitting future runs: http://tasvideos.org/MovieRules.html One-level runs are rarely accepted. If the game/run is too boring as a complete TAS, then it will probably just end up getting rejected anyways.
If at first you don't succeed, load your savestate and try again
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
TrenchAce wrote:
I'll wait for an encode before voting. But I can tell you now you may want to look at the site rules page before submitting future runs: http://tasvideos.org/MovieRules.html One-level runs are rarely accepted. If the game/run is too boring as a complete TAS, then it will probably just end up getting rejected anyways.
Thanks I've checked that out from top to bottom before submitting, and during recording. My main factor why I am unsure of doing complete run is not being boring because of feeling slow or repetitive. It's more is anyone okay with watching a TAS for 45 minutes if the quality is the nearly the same. Which will be Rerecords will still be rising up No Sleeping on the job No Wasting time. If anyone wants me to do a complete run and has screened the movie. I will be sure to cancel and just resubmit later.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
I've watched the run a couple times and tried out a few things. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement in the first level you did (which is actually Mission 2). - Keep jumps as short as possible. Just by tapping B for one frame, the character does a short jump. The less you press B, the shorter the jump. - You can take damage to speed things up so you don't have to slow down for everything. I noticed you end the level with a lot of health. - You can jump continuously to climb up a chain quickly. - Try not to let things slow you down. Shoot enemies quickly, or avoid them, maybe by jumping over them. Take short routes if you can. - I noticed one section where you flip the two switches in the opposite order that you come across them. If you can somehow get this level down to 6 minutes (rather than 8), then I'd project the final time to be more like 30 minutes as opposed to 40, and I guarantee the level which you did here will look a lot better. There isn't any point to doing one level only as a submission because it simply isn't complete, so the whole thing should be done before it is submitted. You can start a new thread in the SNES Forum for this game, if you like feedback on your WIPs. Anyway, Snes9x v1.52-rr and v1.53 aren't tested well, since most people use either v1.43 or v1.51. I suggest using v1.51, but you can do whatever you like.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Thanks for all these tips Fractal I will do all these things and go over for a complete run. Closing this topic for now. Grue you know what to do
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry