Submission Text Full Submission Page
This game is almost same with super c with more glitch(in every stage).
Guide principle:-
Abuse programming error
manipulates luck (almost everywhere)
this game pause 1 frame jumping so i use down + r + l + b to kill enemies from behind.
Enemies are tougher than super c. Grenade thrower seems more stronger even grenade. Sniper is more faster. Machine gunner can take more damage.
Stage 1. Just simple run except i take L power to kill boss faster.
Stage 2.
Same as stage 1. You can see where i go back for few frame that because i'm in enemy spawning platform. BOSs is really easy With F power.
Stage 3. Seems easier than stage 2. Boss was in really good position to kill.
Stage 4. Most annoying level. But B power do some job here. Boss is same with previous one.
Stage 5. Easiest i just kill no enemy at last. I roll to manipulate skulls. Boss is hardest.
Thats it.

turska: Judging.

turska: The author submitted an improved movie, canceling this.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3599: Marx's NES Super Contra 7 in 05:04.32
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Run syncs on "Super Contra 7 (Unl) [p1].nes"
FCEUX Rom checksum: 294338f8898fb6633df0995ec3bcca1b
MD5: 4eabfa3b883817bfb609b5eb48b0e645	
SHA1: 0aad6634fa869e8407c0aadd461d124336407f2e	
CRC32: f9a7a725
I was positively surprised by the run. The game looks really poor, especially in the sound department, but its glitchiness added to the TAS, rather than detract from it. I especially enjoyed the way you messed with the player's movement sprites, appearing to be jumping while running, for example. The rest of the gameplay seemed nicely fluid and packed with action as well, and the glitch where you kill enemies behind you is really cool. The boss fights looked very well done as well. There are a couple things I have noticed you might have been able to do better, such as fewer lag frames, or not get so far to the right edge of the screen so you don't have to turn around when stronger enemies appear there (see picture), but I can't prove either of those to be faster right now. Additionally, two players could perhaps make for an even faster movie (assuming the lag won't get in the way), but since we already have Super C 2-player published, having a one player run for this game might be good for variety's sake. Also, the Super C run was notable for its two-player antics - you have plenty of antics going on with just one player here. With that in mind, the movie was very entertaining and I'm wishing to see it published, so I'm voting yes.
Player (124)
scrimpeh wrote:
Run syncs on "Super Contra 7 (Unl) [p1].nes"
FCEUX Rom checksum: 294338f8898fb6633df0995ec3bcca1b
MD5: 4eabfa3b883817bfb609b5eb48b0e645	
SHA1: 0aad6634fa869e8407c0aadd461d124336407f2e	
CRC32: f9a7a725
I was positively surprised by the run. The game looks really poor, especially in the sound department, but its glitchiness added to the TAS, rather than detract from it. I especially enjoyed the way you messed with the player's movement sprites, appearing to be jumping while running, for example. The rest of the gameplay seemed nicely fluid and packed with action as well, and the glitch where you kill enemies behind you is really cool. The boss fights looked very well done as well. There are a couple things I have noticed you might have been able to do better, such as fewer lag frames, or not get so far to the right edge of the screen so you don't have to turn around when stronger enemies appear there (see picture), but I can't prove either of those to be faster right now. Additionally, two players could perhaps make for an even faster movie (assuming the lag won't get in the way), but since we already have Super C 2-player published, having a one player run for this game might be good for variety's sake. Also, the Super C run was notable for its two-player antics - you have plenty of antics going on with just one player here. With that in mind, the movie was very entertaining and I'm wishing to see it published, so I'm voting yes.
thank you so much
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I liked how it was done too, the game really offers a nice gameplay, similar to Contra, but another variation.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (550)
I did a 2-player WIP of this game with TASEdit. I'll check out your run.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!