Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is 7 sec. Faster than my previous version. Due to better boss fight.
F is always faster than L. Level have been done same as previous but little improvement. Stage 1. Kill better enemy than my previous version. If you jump in certain pace you will stop for 1 frame .this is avoid as possible. Boss is almost same but 6 frame faster Stage 2. Same old strategy with F power to kill boss faster. That glitch which i use to walk through a wall was done by up+r and r and doing so. Boss is same style. Stage 3. Same as previous version. Stage 4. Better wall glitching and i save the B power to make it last longer. Boss is same style. Stage 5. No new thing here.

turska: Claiming once more.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3601: Marx's NES Super Contra 7 in 04:46.51
Experienced player (758)
Wiki: SubmissionRules Wiki: SubmissionGuidelines Good job cancelling your old submission. If you have any further improvements you'd like to submit, please post the movie file in this thread instead of making a new submission; the movie file can be updated without having to resubmit.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Nice improvement to your previous submission, there's nothing I really have to add. Just, as turska said, it's better to replace the submission file instead of cancelling and resubmitting.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Maybe PM would help? He may just miss the forums XD
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Player (124)
This will be my last submission for this game. I've tried 2 player but its not faster even on boss. Reason:-no lag is cause in 1 player. Boss cannot be done any faster in 2 player because the hp of boss increase.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow, this is a pretty ridiculous hack / unlicensed game. I was fairly amused to see tall robot enemies from Shatterhand in Stage 4. The bosses in this game look especially messily-programmed compared to the rest of the game, and that's really saying something. This seemed well-run. I'm slightly in favor of publishing, but I'm not sold on it (I'd rather see a cleaner hack of Contra), so I'll go with a Meh weighted towards Yes.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Like that? Link to video
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Marx wrote:
I've tried 2 player but its not faster even on boss. Reason:-no lag is cause in 1 player. Boss cannot be done any faster in 2 player because the hp of boss increase.
In Contra: Hard Corps, the bosses have increased health in 2-player as well. A shame, 2-player would have been nice. Still a 1-player run of this game is entertaining, and I vote yes on submission.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Voted no, this hack is ugly and boring looking.
Guga
He/Him
It looks sloppy, and it was quite entertaining. Voting Meh.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
feos wrote:
Like that? Link to video
That's closer to what I'd like in a Contra hack. The difficulty level is more impressive, for sure. However, it's still not particularly polished visually, and a good hack really should offer something a little more novel.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
I think there should have been more variety to the tempo and pitch of the musics in this unlicensed Contra game. But I used to try to TAS this game and was 2 minutes slower.
I like Doraemon
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1470)
Voted meh again. This time is much better than previous. Action is cool. And more skills and faster. But I'll also say that the game is bad. Not only entertainment, but also music. And slow actions...
Skilled player (1174)
I voted yes. Though this game is not a good hack, but I still enjoyed it when I played it.
The king is always lucky.
mklip2001 wrote:
Wow, this is a pretty ridiculous hack / unlicensed game. I was fairly amused to see tall robot enemies from Shatterhand in Stage 4. The bosses in this game look especially messily-programmed compared to the rest of the game, and that's really saying something. This seemed well-run. I'm slightly in favor of publishing, but I'm not sold on it (I'd rather see a cleaner hack of Contra), so I'll go with a Meh weighted towards Yes.
Sums it up perfectly for me.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Better run this time, but I'm still not crazy over it. I didn't find the hack all that entertaining, the level design didn't seem anything to write home about. One thing about the Contra series is that they try to vary the level style quite a bit across levels. Contra had walking right levels, going up level, going forward levels, along with some interesting enemies and obstacles along the way. Super C and Operation C had the overhead view levels, and more crazy stuff throughout. This game did not take advantage of what Contra has to offer, the levels were all run right with a bit of up or down thrown in, but nothing significant. There is no real variety or design improvements to be found in this. I just saw the run a few minutes ago, and I've already forgotten half of it, it's just that unmemorable. I'm voting no for the choice of game.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Yes if the "game" is a bootleg. No if the "game" is a romhack. Would be interested in seeing other, better, bootlegs done.
Player (124)
What is the original game of this hacked one
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
This game is an original bootleg. It is not a hack.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Player (124)
I've improved this game 8 sec. Should i upload a new submission or wait until this movie gets decision?
Jungon wrote:
Upload the new movie to http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php and post a link. Anyway, looks like this submission shall be set to delayed until you really end improving it.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!