Last boss improved only. See the last submission for explaination.
With the second boss was died faster. Its more entertaining than my last movie.
I improved. Glitching wall, and so on.
All boss improved.
Make frame by frame.
Nothing new strategy .
See game resource page for various trick use

turska: Judging.

turska: You made this bizarre unlicensed game dance in circles. Accepting for publication.

Guga: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3602: Marx's NES Super Contra 7 in 04:39.87
Skilled player (1705)
Inb4improvement You should follow people's suggestion to post a WIP on the NES games section, or you'll end up spamming the workbench. :P
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
This is getting rather silly. For what it's worth, the movie now looks a lot tighter than before and the optimization is evident. The only thing I wonder about is that one robot in Stage 4 you had to kill - was there no way to avoid it? Aside from that, it is kind of a shame there's less of the fixed-sprite movement going on that makes the game memorable. All in all, what I'll vote should be pretty clear by this point.
Experienced player (508)
turska wrote:
Good job cancelling your old submission. If you have any further improvements you'd like to submit, please post the movie file in this thread instead of making a new submission; the movie file can be updated without having to resubmit.
Player (124)
scrimpeh wrote:
This is getting rather silly. For what it's worth, the movie now looks a lot tighter than before and the optimization is evident. The only thing I wonder about is that one robot in Stage 4 you had to kill - was there no way to avoid it? Aside from that, it is kind of a shame there's less of the fixed-sprite movement going on that makes the game memorable. All in all, what I'll vote should be pretty clear by this point.
even if i avoid that i still have to wait for that electricity.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Post subject: no emphasis at all now. is that still minimodding?
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Marx wrote:
scrimpeh wrote:
Marx, if you are by any chance reading this post, know: Improved movie shall be uploaded to http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php. Then you post a link here and the judge replaces the submission file. Don't create new submission each time you make an improvement.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Re: no emphasis at all now. is that still minimodding?
Player (124)
feos wrote:
Marx wrote:
scrimpeh wrote:
Marx, if you are by any chance reading this post, know: Improved movie shall be uploaded to http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php. Then you post a link here and the judge replaces the submission file. Don't create new submission each time you make an improvement.
thanks, i didn't know there was any storage.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Experienced player (758)
Everyone: please relax and stop minimodding. Marx: if you improve your movie again, you will post the movie file in this thread rather than submitting again. Now, let's proceed to discuss the movie rather than going on and on about this, shall we?
Player (124)
turska wrote:
Everyone: please relax and stop minimodding. Marx: if you improve your movie again, you will post the movie file in this thread rather than submitting again. Now, let's proceed to discuss the movie rather than going on and on about this, shall we?
sure
Jungon wrote:
Former player
Anyone willing to make an encode? Not looking for anything high end...
Editor
It's like an odd ROM hack.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Link to video Encoded
Player (124)
Cooljay wrote:
Link to video Encoded
thanks for the encode
Jungon wrote:
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
No problem glad to help out.
Player (124)
Cooljay wrote:
No problem glad to help out.
i owe you one
Jungon wrote:
This is an ugly pirate cart/hack, voting no. It looks amateurish, with nothing really cool added. Edit: your run is competent, i just don't really think this is a very good game/hack choice
This should never have made it past a first submission. This is a God Awful hack that is not only unentertaining, but horrifically created and lagoriffic. Levels look very thrown together with a quick photoshop session and are very uninspired. The music is absolutely horrible and irritates all too quickly... and outside of one or 2 moments that I can't be sure were genuine TAS qualities or the hack was programmed that horribly.. no. I want my sub 5 minutes back please. Definite no vote for lack of entertainment and horrible game choice. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
I haven't really done a comparison, but it doesn't seem to me to be a hack. The player character doesn't behave like he does in the original contra. Rather its a pirate clone.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Finally watched the whole thing. Man, it was wild! A game provides an odd and intense music, and the same kind of gameplay, very suitable for TAS. Good job and voting Yes.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I agree with Riddim and Mr. Kelly R. Flewin. This is another terrible pirate game, and it doesn't make for a good TAS. Also, the music and sound effects really annoyed me and I watched the second half of the movie with the audio muted. In short: Bad game choice, No vote.
Active player (372)
Although the sound is horrible, the run is short enough that I wasn't too bothered by it. I enjoyed the boss fights, especially #4 which was over as soon as it began. I'm still not quite sure how you pulled that one off. Those fights, and the exploitation of glitches make this a yes vote for me.
Skilled player (1705)
turska, this submission had 56% of total votes being "Yes", and it still gets accepted? Makes me wonder what does reasons like: "Rejecting due to poor audience feed back. " even supposed to mean. :P Btw, your reason for acceptance seem to disregard the audience's opinions, but whatever. :P
Experienced player (508)
jlun2 wrote:
turska, this submission had 56% of total votes being "Yes", and it still gets accepted? Makes me wonder what does reasons like: "Rejecting due to poor audience feed back. " even supposed to mean. :P Btw, your reason for acceptance seem to disregard the audience's opinions, but whatever. :P
True enough, it actually only had 48% of people say yes but with Meh's it averaged up to 56%. 3 of my 4 rejected movies have had better feedback than this one and were all rejected for poor audience response. (Though DarkKobold was the judge on all of those so he may just enjoy rejecting movies. *sarcasm*)
It's fast, I like the explosions and amusing BGM, but I feel this pirate game doesn't actually offer much that the legit game doesn't. Outside of the infinite corridor scrolling (reminds me of Cheetahman), so I guess it's a MEH vote from me.
Experienced player (758)
jlun2 wrote:
The numbers might look grim at a glance, but consider the following: 1. Many viewers thought that the game was a romhack. 2. I took feedback on the previous three submissons into consideration. Curiously, audience response got worse with each subsequent submission. Due to these concerns, I found the support% to be skewed and gave it less weight than normally.