I'm back! Did you miss me? Since you guys loved this run so much, I decided to improve it by 1 minute, in BIZHAWK! I remebered how you guys hated the jumping noise, so starting from the street, I barely jumped at all!

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk-1.0.3
  • No deaths
  • Uses Warps
  • Dodges shit like a boss

Comments

WHY?
PS: This is a serious submission, despite the submission text. Edit: For the people who think by converting this to a .fm2 they can avoid using BizHawk, this run DOESN'T sync in FCEUX.

Noxxa: Judging.
NitroGenesis: YouTube added.
Noxxa: Rejecting due to poor viewer feedback and poor game choice. The game doesn't lend itself to make an interesting or entertaining speedrun in the slightest, other than the hilarious badness of the game itself.

adelikat Unrejecting this submission for consideration into the Vault tier

Noxxa: Taking up for judgment again.
Noxxa: Accepting for the vault tier.

Brandon: Publication underway.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3628: jlun2's NES Home Alone 2: Lost in New York in 07:07.16
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
Wasn't the last run rejected for game choice? Is there anything that makes this run more interesting than the last, other than being 1 minute faster?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Skilled player (1705)
There's less annoying jumping. It skips some boring parts by warping. It also has a better looking jump starting from the roof.
Post subject: I'm retarded.
Guga
He/Him
TASVideoAgent wrote:
PS: This is a serious submission, despite the submission text.
Mmm...
YoungJ1997lol
He/Him
Player (53)
lol, again? no, i'm not gonna fall for bad graphix. vote no for game choice.
So yea, how's it going? Currently TASing: Nothing
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
Spammy remarks about the seriousness of the run have been removed. Do not do this again. All further unsubstantial comments will be deleted. Stay on-topic about the run itself from now on.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Post subject: this post is 60 percent serious, 40 percent something else
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
[14:06] <nitrogenesis> I looked in the .bkm [14:06] <nitrogenesis> and saw this [14:06] <nitrogenesis> MovieOrigin .fm2 version 3 [14:06] <nitrogenesis> so jlun2 actually used fceux Do you have a fm2? I can't run bizhawk on this computer, but I'm sorta interested in the run.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Post subject: Re: this post is 60 percent serious, 40 percent something el
Skilled player (1705)
NitroGenesis wrote:
[14:06] <nitrogenesis> I looked in the .bkm [14:06] <nitrogenesis> and saw this [14:06] <nitrogenesis> MovieOrigin .fm2 version 3 [14:06] <nitrogenesis> so jlun2 actually used fceux Do you have a fm2? I can't run bizhawk on this computer, but I'm sorta interested in the run.
Except that it WON'T sync on FCEUX. :D Edit: YoungJ1997lol, have you even watched the run? Edit2: Started in FCEUX, modified to sync with BizHawk.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
jlun2 wrote:
Edit: YoungJ1997lol, have you even watched the run?
I asked him the same thing on IRC, he responded with a ;)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1705)
NitroGenesis wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
So..."bad graphix" means bad game choice? I wonder would this be accepted if it looked better...
Guga
He/Him
Skilled player (1705)
Guga wrote:
You have to load the movie under the file menu. Be sure to switch off the "match current game name" after you selected "play movie"!
Skilled player (1705)
NEWS! I've discovered a glitch that DOESN'T work in Bizhawk, but works fine in FCEUX. It involves the last battle on top of the tree. FM2 Does anyone with the real game console verify this glitch please?
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Sorry, this is just unwatchable. Like the developres are trolling. If this was published, I'd wish to be able to give negative rating on entertainment.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Guga
He/Him
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
I found this TAS went pretty fast despite the noises and sounds suitable for waterboarding. It was polished well overall. There was no time being wasted. I still think it's not publication worthy though, as I think if it were accepted. People will start thinking it's okay to submit in TAS of bad games. No vote. Ending is so bad too lol
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Cooljay wrote:
I found this TAS went pretty fast despite the noises and sounds suitable for waterboarding. It was polished well overall. There was no time being wasted. I still think it's not publication worthy though, as I think if it were accepted. People will start thinking it's okay to submit in TAS of bad games. No vote. Ending is so bad too lol
Um, it IS okay to submit TASes of bad games. Ever seen the AVGN alden exhibition?
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
NitroGenesis wrote:
Cooljay wrote:
Um, it IS okay to submit TASes of bad games. Ever seen the AVGN alden exhibition?
Yes I heard of it. However I'm talking bad games that are just boring to watch. Not bad games that are cheap.
Post subject: You better keep your paws off my post Moth
NitroGenesis
He/Him
jlun2 wrote:
NitroGenesis wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
So..."bad graphix" means bad game choice? I wonder would this be accepted if it looked better...
Well, there is SNES version, which is basically the same game except better graphics/music. There is also a totally different Genesis version.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Experienced player (508)
NitroGenesis wrote:
That page needs updating there are a few obsolete and rejected runs that need to be added in. On this run, I am going to go with Meh. It is really not that entertaining but it isn't so terrible that I imagine someone out there would be entertained.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
I'd like to see an encode for the run to see whether it holds up. As for bad games in general, a game can be bad in several ways - it can still make a good TAS.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Scrimpeh, Guga linked to an encode on the first page. I don't think this game will ever make for a good TAS. It's just so bad. No vote.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Agreed with CoolKirby.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Skilled player (1149)
Yes vote It's a bad game, but it's a nice tas. I can't believe this game is sh*ty than this. http://tasvideos.org/2046M.html
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Congratulations, you have discovered my hidden warp.
This game is hilariously bad, which I guess makes it good. It's definitely better than Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and some posters wanted that one published as well. Even if only because it was such a bad game. :) That being said, I have no clue what this game was trying to achieve.