level 5

level 6

level 7

level 8

level 9

level 10

this one is interesting, because to get the badge, i haf to run out of moves

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: The audience doesn't seem to be impressed by the run. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3654: sack_bot's DS Bejeweled 3 "levelord" in 04:33.61
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
I saw the WIP of this tas, that was awesome, and now since it's completed, and it's still pretty awesome to watch. Yes vote
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Guga
He/Him
I vote no. it looks well done, but it's really boring. :/
Um... wtf? Seriously? Did I just watch 4 minutes of Bejeweled... with absolutely no point to it? Entertaining for maybe a minute then got old fast. x.x Definitely a No vote. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Meh I didn't see what was so special about this. You get alot of 3 pairs, and no massive gem pairs of the same color which would speed up the run dramatically. As far as this goes it could've been better. You get alot of Good but no Excellent multiple times. I don't even see you get Spectacular or Awesome either :/
sack_bot
He/Him
Player (111)
Cooljay wrote:
I don't even see you get Spectacular or Awesome either :/
i did get an awesome.
Cooljay wrote:
You get alot of 3 pairs,
this is because they are faster, and can be done very quickly with no setup
Cooljay wrote:
and no massive gem pairs of the same color which would speed up the run dramatically.
no it wold not. it takes alot of setup time to get a large pair, slowing the run down. Also, the "good" are not chains, they are me swapping in mid air
Message me here for my discord. Current Project: Psycho Waluigi Project on wait list: None?
Kaz
Former player
Hyper cubes look like they waste a lot of time. Couldn't they be avoided?
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
sack_bot wrote:
Cooljay wrote:
I don't even see you get Spectacular or Awesome either :/
i did get an awesome.
Cooljay wrote:
You get alot of 3 pairs,
this is because they are faster, and can be done very quickly with no setup
Cooljay wrote:
and no massive gem pairs of the same color which would speed up the run dramatically.
no it wold not. it takes alot of setup time to get a large pair, slowing the run down. Also, the "good" are not chains, they are me swapping in mid air
Thanks for the explanation. I was probably mistaking that some of the Bejeweled mechanics in the game might've worked better. As far as this run goes. I am still a little skeptical that Bejeweled wasn't the best game choice to TAS.
sack_bot
He/Him
Player (111)
Kaz wrote:
Hyper cubes look like they waste a lot of time. Couldn't they be avoided?
no the blocks fell in to place after the combo. Besides, they get alot of points which are needed to beat each level
Message me here for my discord. Current Project: Psycho Waluigi Project on wait list: None?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Voting meh, due to starting off interesting and looking well done, but it got old too quick. There just didn't seem to be any variety.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
NitroGenesis wrote:
Voting meh, due to starting off interesting and looking well done, but it got old too quick. There just didn't seem to be any variety.
ummm ...... what was the point of this tas to get the badge meh vote its just bejeweled with quicker thinking and it got way to boring after the first min sorry
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
Meh, get boring too fast.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
It's a nice technical achievement, but not very entertaining. Maybe a run with different goals that would allow more variety would be better suited for this game. Meh vote.
I love Bejewelled and I was psyched when I saw this run on the list. I saw a lot of fast gem switching, but I was expecting to see luck manipulation/future foretelling used to make a single move that creates a massive chain reaction that completes the entire level. The huge super hyper ultra mega chain reactions in Puyo Puyo-type games are the most exciting part. Hundreds of small moves are way less interesting than a small number of incredibly massive chain reactions. The increasingly bemused narrators' voice going "Good...Excellent!...Incredible!!...Unbelievable!!!" (or however it goes) would have been funny. Fast gem switching is just too easy in a TAS. When it comes to chain reaction games, go big or go home. I gave it a Meh vote.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
hopper wrote:
I love Bejewelled and I was psyched when I saw this run on the list. I saw a lot of fast gem switching, but I was expecting to see luck manipulation/future foretelling used to make a single move that creates a massive chain reaction that completes the entire level. The huge super hyper ultra mega chain reactions in Puyo Puyo-type games are the most exciting part. Hundreds of small moves are way less interesting than a small number of incredibly massive chain reactions. The increasingly bemused narrators' voice going "Good...Excellent!...Incredible!!...Unbelievable!!!" (or however it goes) would have been funny. Fast gem switching is just too easy in a TAS. When it comes to chain reaction games, go big or go home.
Could not have said it better myself. I have to vote No.
Goal seems kind of arbitrary, just get to level 10 and then fail as quickly as possible?
Could try going for the badge where you have to line up several hyper cubes (afaik) instead.
Ryzen 3700X, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard, 32GB 3600MHz RAM, MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB, Windows 10 Pro x64 http://tasvideos.org/Nach/FranpaAlert.html
sack_bot
He/Him
Player (111)
hopper wrote:
I love Bejewelled and I was psyched when I saw this run on the list. I saw a lot of fast gem switching, but I was expecting to see luck manipulation/future foretelling used to make a single move that creates a massive chain reaction that completes the entire level. The huge super hyper ultra mega chain reactions in Puyo Puyo-type games are the most exciting part. Hundreds of small moves are way less interesting than a small number of incredibly massive chain reactions. The increasingly bemused narrators' voice going "Good...Excellent!...Incredible!!...Unbelievable!!!" (or however it goes) would have been funny. Fast gem switching is just too easy in a TAS. When it comes to chain reaction games, go big or go home. I gave it a Meh vote.
ill try that next time. "speed/enertaniment trade off" will be added BTW after excellent is awesome and then spectacular
sack_bot
He/Him
Player (111)
franpa wrote:
Could try going for the badge where you have to line up several hyper cubes (afaik) instead.
good idea
Editor
The game is very repetitive, the special blocks seems like they stall the gameplay while being active and the goal is questionable.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
Voting No because it's too repetitive and the goal looked unclear to me o_o http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Idzuz6Tvd4M This one I found on related videos looked much more interesting.. xP
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Post subject: Different goal choice
Moderator, Senior Ambassador, Experienced player (898)
Jungon wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Idzuz6Tvd4M This one I found on related videos looked much more interesting.. xP
I actually enjoyed sack_bot's run. Then I watched the linked video. Sorry sack_bot, you'll need to pick a different goal as the linked video showed off a lot more combos and forethought and was a better length. I'm voting Meh on this run and I encourage you to try again with a different goal! A.C. ******
I was laid off in May 2023 and could use support via Patreon or onetime donations as I work on TASBot Re: and TASBot HD. I'm dwangoAC, part of the senior staff of TASVideos as the Senior Ambassador and BDFL of the TASBot community; I post TAS content on YouTube.com/dwangoAC based on livestreams from Twitch.tv/dwangoAC.
meh vote, would be nicer to see a run to get all the badges
live life
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
I am not usually one to say things like this, but I feel like this submission has been just holding up space in the workbench. There have been many people who gave suggestions for better goals for a more entertaining run. The submitter has acknowledged the suggestions, but has not shown to take any initiative for a new movie in the DS thread or to submit an improvement file to the submission text for 4 days. Is there by any chance a judge who will assess this situation ?