hello TASvideos members :D
with the idea of making a first UMK3 playaround of sega genesis,Ksylatron a member of mkTAScommunity and I (Dark Noob other member) started giving this game tasing adding many varieties, combos, glitches, tricks, and other stuffs.
well this game has many glitches, combos and stuffs different of versions snes, arcade, gba and sega saturn though few flaws to be repeated the game not has good graphics qualities as saturn and arcade versions but get the same amount of characters as snes and other as having of unlock the bosses with the use of codes.
  • emulador used : gens11a
  • Plays on hardest difficulty (master)
  • enable cheat to unlock motaro
  • use characters shang tsung,motaro,human smoke and others
  • abuses programing errors
  • use 2 players to add variety
  • Cheat: versus screen : extended fatality time,randper kombat
  • new and advanced combos,infinite combos and combos 100%
  • glitches used : hit limit breaker,later fatality,projectil delayed,color glitch,shang tsung morph glitches.

Objective:

• Entertaiment
  • stuffs

Comment from the author :

this is my third collaboration with Ksylatron he already did that a with me hacks like this: Mortal Kombat Revelations and Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (hacks of UMK3 Sega Genesis)
it all started with an idea I wanted to do playaround as glitches and combos I found I had already started but Ksylatron asked me to join him to do this run with me.
This run was discussed here: [dead link removed]
as it passed I started to find this very good run and I decided to present here I imagine this is the good game and were doing a good run,focused on adding to our goal vs CPU and in matches what we did,with our knowledge about this game so that people have fun watching it run. seeing funny things about the race and the new things that we found in this game.
we did not have much desync in this run.
I hope you like to enjoy this run made by me and Ksylatron =)
edit: the file gmv is written author: DarkNoob but I and Ksylatron did because I forgot to put of name of Ksylatron forgive me and do not get confused ok -_-

Special thanks to

ErrorMakro by their videos on glitches,combos,stuffs and the TAS playthrough that helped a lot to us
ChaosControlBG by its glitch videos that helped a lot
SDR and mkTAScommunity that helped us to work better
mksecrets.net by its glitches, and other stuffs
Thank you all xD.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: A very entertaining Mortal Kombat playaround, like usual. While many glitches as well as some other things look quite similar to the already published SNES version, I believe this movie is both entertaining enough and different enough from the SNES version to warrant being published alongside the current run. So, accepting for publication.

natt: yay gens time

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced player (508)
I may not be the target audience but after watching I decided to vote no. I lost interest but did watch through, though again this may be due to me not being the biggest fan of fighting game "playarounds." Additionally I voted no because I didn't think it brought any new level of entertainment that wasn't already in other Mortal Kombat runs on the site and don't think we need a second playaround of essentially the same game.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
I adore your SNES playaround run, it’s one of my favorite runs ever. However, I know this game only from Sega Genesis (SNES was not known almost at all in my country in 90s), so I vote yes for this run… So many nice glitches… LOL @ 19:00–19:57
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
It's like the current SNES run, but with worse graphics and audio and less funny stuff, sorry but I vote no too.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Player (21)
Round 2 of the triple endurance fight may be the most entertaining thing I've ever seen in an MK3 tas! Although I do agree it's hard to draw a line on what to accept and what not to when it comes to this game, that part alone makes this a yes vote for me. Plus, it's the longest run of this game we've had, and the rest of the game is also very entertaining.
If at first you don't succeed, load your savestate and try again
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
TrenchAce wrote:
Plus, it's the longest run of this game we've had
The current published run of MK3 is 5 minutes longer...
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor
Someone mind cleaning up the formating of the description?
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I'll go ahead and toss another Yes vote on the pile, because there was plenty of stuff that we didn't get to see in the SNES version, or in the run of Trilogy on the N64 (which is much the same engine.) I don't think this should obsolete the SNES movie, because (as I said) the two movies are completely different in what they bring to the table. (Although I will be the first to admit that there IS precedent for obsoletion. Specifically, see when p4wn3r's Pokemon Red run, using the door glitch, obsoleted primordial#soup's Pokemon Blue run which didn't use the door glitch.
Previous Name: boct1584
Active player (434)
since it has new stuff it's ok but this version is really horrible.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Many differences. I laughed a couple times. I think a few choices were boring and/or looked sloppy, but, overall, it's worth a Yes.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
I didn't really like this one sorry. Too many repeated regular Shang Tsung combos, glitches were varied in appearance instead of constant , 2 player sections take over 1 player sections in fun factor instead of equal, and regular combos get slipped in with TAS combos like you think no one will notice. I don't know how well divided the work of this was, but it was 2 thirds boring and 1 third good. No vote Maybe SDR should've co authored instead of just giving tips.
Editor
New glitches but no Baby Kano. But I still say Yes.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Player (21)
NitroGenesis wrote:
TrenchAce wrote:
Plus, it's the longest run of this game we've had
The current published run of MK3 is 5 minutes longer...
oops. Still a good, entertaining run.
If at first you don't succeed, load your savestate and try again
Active player (308)
Even though this Genesis versions looks and sounds terrible, I liked this run better than the SNES one. Some boring infinite combos but awesome combination of Shang Tsung's transformations and projectiles. Yes vote.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
Well, it's Mortal Kombat, and the run doesn't certainly fail expectations in that regard: there's a lot of insane combos and especially glitches. Genesis offers some different things from the SNES version (although it would help if the games were even more different from each other), and while the glitchiness is slightly tamed down from SNES, the action can still often get quite surreal. I had many laughs while watching the run, especially with the glitched fatalities, so I do think it's worthwhile in this way. Maybe it's a subjective thing, but I would've appreciated a more balanced use of characters. Mileena for example sees almost no use in the TAS while Shang Tsung (seen enough of those fireballs for a lifetime), Cyrax, Sub-Zero, Kabal, etc. steal the limelight. Of course, these are the characters that create the most interesting action sequences... just a small annoyance. Another was that towards the end of the run the ratio of glitches to long combos decreased, and the run became less surprising to watch. To me this run is as not as good as the SNES one, but it's still a funny run and one I wouldn't mind watching more than once. So, if only the categories allow, I will give it a yes vote.
i liked the run but i asked myself one question "how this one is different of the snes run ?" there's a lot of cool glitches and the infinites are prety cools but there where mores glitches and wtf in the SNES and N64 runs the falality's almoste looked censored (the demi brutality, some "out of screens fatality, no, seriously it's too bloody for you to see, please look away here is a nice puppy over there") it almost made me think of a censored MK1... i liked the run but i'll abstain to vote, if you manage to get something even glitcher / crazier you'll get a yes from me.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
sorry for some repeated combos and juggle combos and others like reptile,sub-zero (classic and unmasked) edit : I want to talk about is the second endurance repeat combos added made several combos to reach 130hits so we can add a glitch call Umk3 Hit Limit Breaker Glitch which means that you can add infinitely any attack or magic of the character you want eg endless balls reptile added to the run. Demonstration of this glitch : Link to video
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
my words are the same of the Akheon's quote. I liked of the run for sure and I know could be better because could have added others stuff during the 2v2 matches.. But they show us good technic and some glitches that are just possible in this version.. who has ever played on SNES version and after Gen one, can understand as both are different with relation glitch and combos. The glitches on the gen version happens most of time in finishes and they show us in several part of the kombat, but I repeat in other parts could be better. But i'm glad with this production however can be improved. As a fan of fighting games mainly mk series I give you my yes vote for this work!
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
I'm the first Meh vote (finally >_>) ... and as the first Meh vote, I say: this looks well planned, well glitched, the entertainment is fine... (fine like in 'fine, but that other one there is amazingly crazy' I should say) ... so, I just don't care if this gets published or not, ... it looks like there is room for improvement, anyway... so maybe it can turn into a Yes vote in the future.. +D
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
gens 11 svn296
  File: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (4) [!].smd
CRC-32: 59f84f12
   MD4: 4de1e67dab968b0c9ba87b5526a9ad05
   MD5: 441c87d27b414c7995c6f02679743659
 SHA-1: 265762fc2d492b1e7c620db5f007f2f6cfa76eee
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2087] Genesis Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 "playaround" by Dark Noob & KSYLATRON in 26:35.58
Looks like something is wrong with the 10bit file (Mirror archive.org (10bit444)), i have downloaded it twice and did not work on any player i have (bsplayer, vlc, mpc), i have even tryed to decompile the file with mkvtoolnix but can't be done, probably is not uploaded correctly, non 10bit file works correctly and any other game 10bit encode i have works correctly, so is not my codecs. Does not work: umk3genesis-playaround-darknoob_ksylatron_10bit444.mkv CRC32: 38B7F8AD MD5: 0974A03C07C4BAFAC447D218A700FFCE SHA-1: C365EF831951C3A1E972C85E447A1D6249D8560C Thank you very much for more MK i love it :D Update: Torrent 10bit444 file works, so yes, is not uploaded correctly to "Mirror archive.org (10bit444)"