Movie will be found here.

This is TASv3- NES Mario Adventure run. I beat TASv2 2654 frames.It is about 45 seconds.

Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.28. Fcm was converted by FCEUX 2.1.5.

Game Info

Mario Adventure is Super Mario Bros. 3's hack. In this game, there is some new items. I use magic wand during the whole run. IPS download page.

More Specific comments

World 5

I choose tornado level to skip the hammer bros level. And it saves 461 frames for me. I shoot 2 stars instead of 1 star. It is faster every time. I have a better game randomness at world 5's final boss. Total improvement is 512 frames.

World 1

In 1-2, I choose another route to go through. It allows me to stay my speed. Saves 43 frames. In 1-3, I don't get injured. It saves 43 frames. And there are other small improvements in other levels. Total improvement is 78 frames.

World 7

In 7-3& 7-4, I shoot at the beginning of the level. To kill bomb-bomb faster. It saves 71 frames for me. In 7-shop, I buy one more music box to use it in world 4. It cost me 630 frames.

World 3

In 3-6, I get through floor. And I shoot the stars earlier to kill boss faster. It all saves 129 frames. I have other small improvements. And total improvement is 186 frames.

World 2

In 2-3, I don't get injured at the end. Saves 29 frames. In 2-5, I slide and get 62 speed. It saves 39 frames. World 2's total improvement is 72 frames.

World 6

There are fewer big improvements to say here. Total improvement is 54 frames.

World 4

I use a music box to skip two hammer levels. It saves 1561 frames. In 4-airship, I get into floor to go ahead the screen. Get into pipe earlier. I fly above the screen to grab the wand. It cut animation time. 1000 coin's glitch works here this time. These save 420 frames. Total improvement is 2053 frames.

World 8

In 8-5, I go out from the left directly. In 8-8, I get a better game randomness at the final boss. I avoid Bowser's big jump at the end. Total improvement is 329 frames.

Thanks To

Thanks to andymac. He told me some advice. And some is big improvement. Some is the improvement which I didn't found. And he encouraged me to finish this run.

Nach: Judging.

Soig: I correct some subtitles. And new fm2 can be downloaded here. Please editor replaces my old movie.

Nach: I replaced the submission file with the new one presented by the author above. The only difference is that the subtitle on 69034 is changed from "Ceiling bossting" to "Corner boosting".

Nach: Very nice improvement to an existing run. Accepting.

OmnipotentEntity: I should update this too, shouldn't I? Publishing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3672: Soig's NES Mario Adventure in 48:58.23
Editor
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
solid improvement over an existing run, and good hack yes vote from me
Expert player (2453)
45 seconds, cool improvements! I can't wait for an encode. Congratulations.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Active player (266)
Watched the whole run, and I can say both hack and your run is quite amazing. Yes vote, of course.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
The final in-game time is 22:27 Better than the current published run. Yes vote
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Great TAS, Soig, and nice improvement. The hack is great as well. Yes vote.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Thank you for the subtitles with some improvements. There were some very nice strategy changes, and your style was pretty good too. Yes vote. I've got a question, though. In Stage 1, two things confuse me: 1) When you revisit and play the music box, you also walk right through an uncompleted stage! How do you do that? 2) Why does the game still remember how many stages you completed after you reset?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1477)
mklip2001 wrote:
Thank you for the subtitles with some improvements. There were some very nice strategy changes, and your style was pretty good too. Yes vote. I've got a question, though. In Stage 1, two things confuse me: 1) When you revisit and play the music box, you also walk right through an uncompleted stage! How do you do that? 2) Why does the game still remember how many stages you completed after you reset?
Game only remembers which world Mario has completed. When Mario revisit a completed world, he can walk right through every stage in this world. So he can go through an uncompleted stage,too. For the second question, sorry, I don't know. TASv2's author did that. I learn from him. Maybe andymac knows that. :P
YoungJ1997lol
He/Him
Player (53)
Yes vote. Nice improvement!
So yea, how's it going? Currently TASing: Nothing
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Wow, this is a larger improvement than I would have expected for this game. Nice work!
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
This TAS is pretty good. Though I wish there was a comparison encode handy, but those types of encodes seem hard to make. Yes vote.
Player (36)
Encoding.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2090] NES Mario Adventure by Soig in 48:58.23
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I noticed you didn't use going down right side of pipe glitch. Was that because you were unaware of the glitch?
Experienced player (617)
Good work! Very happy for this to replace my old run.
Measure once. Cut twice.