Submission Text Full Submission Page
Just like the other SMB tricks movie I submitted that was recorded in Famtasia, this one has cool tricks, I don't know who the auther is, and I recently found out that it came from http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/3370/SuperTec.htm. It shows a few tricks that weren't in the other movie, and it's also a little less repetitive, so it's definitely worth checking out.
Uses warps, ends at 5-2.
Abuses programming errors.
Does not take hits, does not use death.

Bisqwit: This file is s_mario_e2.fmv from the SmbTec.lzh file which contains SMB movies made by various people. According to the text file included in the archive, this particular movie is created by エジソン電 (Ejison den?).
The collector's comment of this file is:
1-1 〜 5-1 完成させたらスーパーテクニックかな(^-^)
Bisqwit: Rejecting, because there doesn't seem to be a good reason to publish this movie along with the all the other Mario movies. There already exists a site that has this movie and there isn't a clear need for the AVI.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #391: Michael Fried's NES Super Mario Bros in 02:44.50
Hmmm...that address sounds familiar...*checks* Ah yes. It's Kasion's site "High Level Challenge". ^_^ *uses Excite's translator on the "Super Technique" section of HLC* Yeah, this appears to be part of a Crazy God Technique-style movie pack by various authors. (The FMV with the "shell game" on the elevator at the end of 1-2 has "TokusiN" listed as author...I wonder, is this the same as Tokushin, who did the no-warp SMB3 video?)
Former player
I wonder, is this the same as Tokushin, who did the no-warp SMB3 video?) What I'm wondering is where Bisqwit got the name Tokushin from, the fmv doesn't say Tokushin in it and neither does the High Level Challenge website.
Editor, Active player (296)
Michael Fried wrote:
What I'm wondering is where Bisqwit got the name Tokushin from, the fmv doesn't say Tokushin in it and neither does the High Level Challenge website.
Does too.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/3370/SuperTec.htm#Smb3jtec wrote:
プレイヤー とくしんさん
Half-translation: Player: Tokushin-san
Former player
If とくしんさん means Tokushin, then what does トクシン mean and where did you find it? That's what the nesvideos movie page says his Japanese name is.
Michael Fried wrote:
If とくしんさん means Tokushin, then what does トクシン mean and where did you find it? That's what the nesvideos movie page says his Japanese name is.
とくしん and トクシン are the same thing. They both read 'tokushin'. Japan has two syllabic writing systems. The curvy one (called hiragana) is used for native words and the angular (called katakana) is used for foreign words and sound effects. I chose katakana because I think the name is derived from the foreign word 'toxin'. Edit: For future reference, I'll put the romaji versions of all SMB1 movie player names from that page here. わいわいさん: Waiwai ドーコカラキさん: Dookokaraki (dawk karaki?) 黒子さん: Kuroko Mana.さん: Mana 複数人: Many persons スノウアロウさん: Sunouarou (snow arrow) ドーコカラキさん: Dookokaraki エジソン電さん: Ejison <Den / Touda / Tousoe> (the kanji has these three name readings)
Emulator Coder
I SEE BOXES really. It all looks like boxes to me :P
Former player
Yeah - I've never bothered to install a Japanese language pack either. I see boxes. As for the movie, there's some pretty intense stuff, but I think it would look better spreading these techniques through the game finishing it. But as it stands, I'll still go yes because I've never seen anything like it. EDIT: Oh, and perhaps include the small-fiery Mario?
Player (70)
I never menaged to get mozilla working with language packs. It looks like it's installed, but it won't show the text correctly. Anyways.. I'm not sure these movies should be allowed unless the authors have posted the videos or given their agreement to submit it through another person.
Post subject: More Super Mario Bros demonstrations
The SMB player whom I mentioned earlier in this thread, Mana., has made a few more demonstrational SMB movies (<- download). The movies are: * Yet another movie of warping from 1-2 to 5-1, with lots of brick destroying. * Mysterious flagpole technique * Something in 1-1 * Something in 1-2 * The jumping over flagpole in 1-1 trick, first demonstrated on this forum by Player1. They have been made with VirtuaNES 0.92.
Some...rather interesting wall-walking glitches there. I didn't think they could be applied in such maniacal ways...o_O LOL at the savage genocide of innocent bricks. :)
Interesting, but a movie that wants to be published shouldn't end in the middle of the game.
schneelocke wrote:
Interesting, but a movie that wants to be published shouldn't end in the middle of the game.
I disagree, but I can't publish them anyway (not as long as they end up into the list of normal movies without clearly being marked as demonstrations).
Active player (432)
Bisqwit is this submission going to be published?
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
ANGERFIST wrote:
Bisqwit is this submission going to be published?
Please read the previous post.
Active player (432)
lol forgot to check previous posts. Sorry :)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P