• Played on FCEU
  • Uses no warps or passwords
  • Doesn't die or get hit (obviously)
In this game Lolo tries to save Lala. He's doing this by collecting every heartpiece in the room. After this a treasure chest opens with a pearl inside. If you collect this pearl a door will open and you advance to the next level. This game contains 50 of these levels, and in this movie I'm trying to complete them as fast as possible.
I was actually only trying to improve the previous version by a few frames; you can play more accurate using FCEU. I didn't knew any real improvements when I started it, but while playing I noticed 3-2, 5-3, 6-3, 6-5, 8-5, 10-1, 10-2, 10-3, 10-4 could be improved slightly.
The small improvements on those levels and the little more accurate playing made this movie 524 frames frames (9 seconds) faster than the previous version.
Hope you'll enjoy...
Baxter

Bisqwit: Didn't see that coming. Good work!
...hmm, maybe I should mark these submissions with the "analyzing" status so I won't forget to encode them.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #395: Baxter's NES Adventures of Lolo in 23:22.55
Realy good. Interesting indeed. (Didn't think you could beat a Lolo game at all.) One thing though, in the last room at the 8th floor you stop for short moments, even after the path too the chest's been cleared, why? Other then that the "stops" you made all made sense, great movie. Vote: Yes!
Bein' away for like five years, and not a single new post in the ZSNES forum... :'-(
Skilled player (1402)
In that room I don't push the first two blocks I get entirely down, this saves time. The con is that the don medusa's keep going up and down, and in order to get past them I need to wait short moments. This is faster than pusing those first blocks entirely down though. (the pauses I take are as short as possible (if you would walk a frame earlier than I did, you'll get killed by the don medusa's (try it out if you don't believe it)))
Active player (277)
Dang, I forgot to tell you that I saw a way to improve 3-1: Don't push the egg to the right right away. Instead, wait until you've pushed the first block above the Snakey, then shoot it and push it to the right as you're going under the block. I think it would save 31 frames to do it that way. But don't feel bad. My new version of Eggerland has already improved on the old by eight seconds, and I'm only a quarter through the game.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Skilled player (1402)
You're right (thanks, I think)... guess I'll have to make a new version then (number 5 :S ). If that's the only thing I change the movie will be 23:22. I need to improve it 4 frames for FCEU to show a second less. I hope I'll find something else to improve. Too bad it's in the third level, if there are any other possible improvements, please let me know.
Active player (277)
You're gonna hate me for this, but I just found a way to improve 2-1. Here's what you do: Start by going and pushing the left emerald framer in as usual. Once it's against the wall, pause for 1 frame to make the Alma roll toward you, then grab the lower heart framer and the upper heart framer. Pause for 1 frame again to keep the Alma from coming up to meet you (these pauses could probably be placed earlier if you wanted), run straight to the right, and stop just before you reach the upper heart framer on the right. Go and grab the lower heart framer first to force the Alma to also go around the upper heart framer as you grab it. Then you can grab the top two heart framers and the box as usual. Ta-da! And you took only 2 frames more than a run for a version of the level that didn't have an Alma!
Skilled player (1402)
I'm not hating you for that at all. This is a great improvement. It looks a lot better, and is 4 squares - 2 frames faster. Thanks a lot! I haven't begun playing again, after wednesday I have some more time.
Active player (277)
I thought I'd add that I liked the old way you did 1-4 better because you only pushed as many blocks as you had to. The new way just looks weird to me. But I did like how you improved some of the later levels. I've actually been getting knowledgable about this game's levels because I started making a run of Eggerland: Revival of the Labyrinth, and many of its levels were adapted for Adventures of Lolo, especially early on. Maybe I'll make a topic for that sometime to start some discussion. (I should probably work on Adventures of Lolo 3 or Eggerland first, but... I got bored.)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [238] NES Adventures of Lolo by Baxter in 23:22.55