Submission Text Full Submission Page
En esta película he intentado hacer el tiempo más rápido posible, aunque se que puede ser superado. Como personaje, he elegido a Agumon. Como segundo objetivo, he intentado que mis enemigos no me quiten ninguna bola roja, que se consiguen cuando me golpean. En algún momento, me golpean en la película, pero consigo que no la cojan. El tiempo mínimo por batalla son 90 segundos, los cuales tienes que esperar para que termine la pelea. La excepción es el jefe final, Millenniummon, con el cual tienes un número de orbes rojos limitado, los cuales no perdí ninguno, y tienes un tiempo límite para vencerle, 4 minutos, de los cuales solo necesité 44 segundos para vencer, terminando así la película.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBA 1.7.2 v21
  • Hacer el tiempo más rápido
  • El enemigo no puede coger ninguna orbe roja

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello AlejaKaiser, and welcome to TASVideos. Unfortunately, I'm going to reject your movie, for the following reasons:
  • The play doesn't look as optimized as a TAS should be. This is also shown by the low rerecord count.
  • The game doesn't seem to be a good choice for speedrunning, because all opponents except the final boss take the same amount of time.
  • The play doesn't offer a lot of entertainment either, because the player frequently opts to stand still for long periods of time, in far off spaces where the enemy AI fails to reach the player. The playaround in general is lacking entertainment value.
  • It starts from a savestate for no explained reason.
For these reasons, I'm rejecting your movie. Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Skilled player (1705)
Uh... I rather have a max red orb as a goal, tbh. Also, the low rerecord count doesn't make a good impression.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
jlun2 wrote:
Uh... I rather have a max red orb as a goal, tbh.
Actually, the orb system in this game seems to deal with characters getting hit. "Enemies don't get any red orbs" would be something like "player doesn't get hit", which is a more legitimate goal. EDIT: For clarification, the game is a sort of fighting game. Instead of health bars, characters drop orbs when they get hit. After 90 seconds, a match ends, and the victor is determined by the amount of orbs they collected. So if the enemy gets zero orbs, it's effectively a "perfect" on the player's part. (The final boss is different: you get 8 red orbs, which you lose when you get hit; you have to collect them back yourself to get your orbs back. The boss uses a more traditional health bar.)
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Skilled player (1705)
Mothrayas wrote:
Actually, the orb system in this game seems to deal with characters getting hit. "Enemies don't get any red orbs" would be something like "player doesn't get hit", which is a more legitimate goal.
I know, as I did a small test run before. :P What I meant is to obtain as much of the enemies orb within the time limit. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Noxxa
They/Them
jlun2 wrote:
I know, as I did a small test run before. :P What I meant is to obtain as much of the enemies orb within the time limit. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Ah, I see, thank you for clearing that up. Getting a max amount of orbs probably seems like a better choice of goal, but I think it would lead to repetitive strategies, much like fighting games going for fastest time. Personally, I don't think this game makes for publishable TAS material, unless someone could make a really good and entertaining playaround. I don't expect that to happen, though.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Is this close enough to the truth? "In this movie I tried to make the fastest time possible, although they can be overcome. As a character, I chose Agumon. The second objective, I tried my enemies I remove any red ball, which is when I get hit. At some point, they hit me in the movie, but you do not get caught. The minimum time is 90 seconds per battle, which you have to wait to finish the fight. The exception is the final boss, Millenniummon, with which you have a limited number of red orbs, which have lost none, and have a time limit to defeat him, four minutes, of which only needed 44 seconds to defeat, ending the film." - Google Translate
Noxxa
They/Them
KwyjiboPrime wrote:
Is this close enough to the truth? "In this movie I tried to make the fastest time possible, although they can be overcome. As a character, I chose Agumon. The second objective, I tried my enemies I remove any red ball, which is when I get hit. At some point, they hit me in the movie, but you do not get caught. The minimum time is 90 seconds per battle, which you have to wait to finish the fight. The exception is the final boss, Millenniummon, with which you have a limited number of red orbs, which have lost none, and have a time limit to defeat him, four minutes, of which only needed 44 seconds to defeat, ending the film." - Google Translate
Pretty much.
Question, why does the run start from a snapshot and not a clean power on?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!