(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Spider-Man for the Atari 2600 is a very simple game. Spider-Man must climb a building and stop the Hobgoblin. However, bad controls lie in his way. After he reaches the top of the building, he is sent to the start of another building which is the same as before, but with a different shade of colour.
This TAS displays inhumane reflexes to help Spider-Man reach the top. Anyone who has played this game knows how annoying the controls are. This TAS was made to test Atari TASing, but if you know the game, it will be fun. It's also funny to see Spider-Man stutter like this. The AVGN reviewed it too.

FractalFusion: Rejecting since this submission is faster.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3734: NitroGenesis's A2600 Spider-Man in 00:30.35
Skilled player (1706)
I love how the image in the encode has nothing to do with this crappy game.
Voted meh. I mean considering how awful controls are, that ranks a yes, but the entertainment value was a no... so they cancel each other and leave a Meh. :( Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Doesn't the game increase in difficulty after the first level?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1706)
adelikat wrote:
Doesn't the game increase in difficulty after the first level?
I believe the game loops endlessly, so even if it increases in difficulty, unless there's a kill screen, then there's no real ending.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Yes, but if the next levels are more difficult, then maybe the stopping point should be when the game is no longer more challenging
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
get to the top, get to the top.... o o o o o poodara poodara poodara poodara
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I have to give this a No for entertainment, but there's no reason it shouldn't be dumped published in the Vault.
Now this is just silly... no vote
Editor, Experienced player (852)
Isn't it faster to always do long webs instead of only short ones?
Active player (405)
Meh. Most of the climb was really boring.
Bad controls may be a challenge, but that doesn't make things impossible. Needs some unreasonable challenge in the game. Voting No.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!