Submission Text Full Submission Page

Changing to cancel read Nach's and Tanget's comments on this arcade shooter game... Peace!

Thank you guys in IRC for telling me if something was ear piecing or not. This is the non-ear-rape version with no ONE BULLET minigame (which forces it not to be the highest possible score) in the Game Point Blank DS.

Game objectives

• NOT TO EAR RAPE THE PERSON WATCHING!
  • Play a variety of mini-games without any one bullet mini-games (one bullet makes it boring)
  • In writing that^ making it as fast as possible

Why Did I do this?

Simple really now with the added "Vault" I decided to do Point Blank DS so it can actually go into that and not be missing out due to giving possible cancer (thanks jlun2).

Stages

Identical Sample

Objective: Match 15 Time: 25 Seconds You need to match up the animals with the "sample" provided at the top of the screen. Result: Matched 25 in 25 seconds

Shooting Skeletons

Objective: Shoot 40 Skeletons Time: 20 Seconds I needed to avoid spamming around in this level. Thankfully the skeletons actually have a set spawn time and if all shot it makes up a new spawn etc. etc. Result: Shot 59 in 20 seconds

Shooting Birds

Thank you IRC guys for telling me if they're in pain or not. Objective: Shoot 62 Birds Time: 20 seconds The birds come down a stream and you basically shoot them. If you spam it you make a very noisy machine gun affect. Result: Shot 99 in 20 seconds

Trays and Cans

Objective: Collect 20 Cans Time: 20 seconds In the other tas the Doctor was basically stationary the whole time (which isn't good as it was painful to hear) I let mine run trying to actually shoot it in. Result: Collected 50 in 20 seconds

Bonus Game

Failing is faster than getting something. I checked box 2 and 4 are empty and 1 and 3 have a heart in it, just in-case you were curious

Clay Targets

Objective: Shoot 19 Disks with 20 bullets Time: 20 seconds The Disks go at a set time and you have to hit them. Wasted my bullets at the end. Result: Shot 19 wasted 20 in 17 seconds

Shoot The Criminals with Guns

Objective: Shoot 18 Criminals with guns Time: 15 seconds Simple just shoot the criminals with guns. Also suggesting screenshot from this level at frame 11151 Result: Shot 29 in 15 seconds

Find the Errors

Objective: Shoot 17 with 21 bullets Errors Time: 21 seconds Basically it's "spot the difference" only with guns Result: Shot 21 wasted 5 in 20 seconds

Keep the UFO's Away

Objective: Save the Doctor Don/Dan in the Time: 20 seconds I did that I checked for ear rape hear didn't get any if you guys encounter pain in the ears I'll redo this stage. I also show a little glitch that the game thinks you saved him even though they got away with him Result: Shot 93 in 20 seconds

Final Stage

Objective: Shoot the fireworks... in 10 seconds You don't really have to but I did anyway because I wanted to end it at the put name screen Result: Shot 30 in 10 seconds

Enter the name

Objective: Put your name in Time: 20 seconds Name TAS then I hit done. If you view it with frame advance or pause the encode you'll see another little glitch, if you input the name to fast this occurs. Result: Shot "T" "A" "S" "Done" in .something of a second
Sorry if I make anyone upset
frame 11151: http://i.imgur.com/8mPD4.png Or any frame from the UFO level

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3737: Spikestuff's DS Point Blank DS in 05:10.23
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
This one didn't kill my eardrums or sound like loud machinery. Not the most entertaining movie I've seen, but It will do fine for the vault tier. I'll give it a yes vote.
Editor
It's so crazy. Hardest difficulty and it's perfect.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Wouldn't this (and any other game that's just reaction time) still fall under the category of inappropriate game choice given that it's utterly trivial in a TAS setting? Given that this is on 100% on timers, it doesn't even have luck manipulation that something like Wario Ware might. The only difference between this and a normal run is the speed of selection between things and a somewhat higher score. I admit to not fully understanding how the new tier system works though and how it accounts for these, rhythm games, and such, if at all.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Tangent wrote:
Wouldn't this (and any other game that's just reaction time) still fall under the category of inappropriate game choice given that it's utterly trivial in a TAS setting? Given that this is on 100% on timers, it doesn't even have luck manipulation that something like Wario Ware might. The only difference between this and a normal run is the speed of selection between things and a somewhat higher score. I admit to not fully understanding how the new tier system works though and how it accounts for these, rhythm games, and such, if at all.
Yeah, I agree with you with the new tier system is hard to figure out (for the time being). I have a high confidence (shockingly) that this wouldn't be a good tas (moon), but it would be a good tas to still watch (vault). That being written I already stated that this will be going towards the vault in the submission text and that it would be an accepted version compared to the previous one where it wasn't accepted to the vault due to the constant "loud machinery" sound effects (quoted Cooljay) . Hopefully this one will be able to go towards the vault even if the votes will go against it.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (405)
Wait, they released a light gun game on DS!? o_O
Having looked up a little more on this, it's not meant to be the fastest, nor the highest scoring, so... what exactly is this? Just "I used some tools to play the set of mini games I like the most"?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Tangent wrote:
Having looked up a little more on this, it's not meant to be the fastest, nor the highest scoring, so... what exactly is this? Just "I used some tools to play the set of mini games I like the most"?
Look at the last one at the bottom quoted by Nach On the last tas then you'll understand why.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff wrote:
Tangent wrote:
Look at the last one at the bottom quoted by Nach On the last tas then you'll understand why.
Yeah, I did, which is exactly why I question the point of something that aims for nothing in particular.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Tangent wrote:
Yeah, I did, which is exactly why I question the point of something that aims for nothing in particular.
It suits the vault well then. (yes the new system is a pain to figure out, once you understand it, it's all good.)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
Tangent wrote:
It suits the vault well then. (yes the new system is a pain to figure out, once you understand it, it's all good.)
A Vault submission is ideally aiming for something specific, despite being (generally) unentertaining. I think it's in poor taste to ignore max score AND not trying to get the fastest playthrough. Max score would probably make for the most interesting run, IMO.
Spikestuff
They/Them
TheReflexWonder wrote:
Max score would probably make for the most interesting run, IMO.
That kinda failed Reflex, as it was more hated upon the constant machinery and even though the people that voted yes were still against the sounds, which explains why some people voted Meh.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
TheReflexWonder wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
Tangent wrote:
A Vault submission is ideally aiming for something specific, despite being (generally) unentertaining. I think it's in poor taste to ignore max score AND not trying to get the fastest playthrough. Max score would probably make for the most interesting run, IMO.
The highest score run of this game has been ruled not worthy of the vault, so that's out. A faster run is either impossible since it's all on timers which would indicate it doesn't belong at all, or would be accomplished by choosing different minigames which falls under the "large improvements known" category, also disqualifying it. Entertainment isn't supposed to matter meaningfully for the vault so that's out too. Edit: "Plays suboptimally for entertainment purposes" just seems to me to be exactly opposite of the vault's overall description.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
I finally watched this run, and I have to say, it does not make the viewer regret attempting to watching it. So nice job. I didn't find it entertaining though.
Tangent wrote:
"Plays suboptimally for entertainment purposes" just seems to me to be exactly opposite of the vault's overall description.
It saddens me to think that the site is now being interpreted that in some cases, it is ideal to avoid entertainment and most importantly, watchability.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!