Submission Text Full Submission Page
TAS - Super C in 13:00.02 by Soig.
Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.28. fcm was converted by FCEUX 2.1.5.
First, I want to say something. I'm sorry to submit my run so early. Maybe I should submit it after Heidman's submission published. But I've said that I'll finish my TAS today or tomorrow. So I submit it now. Please forgive me that.
From my submission list, you will see that my first submission is this game - Super C. I do 1P that time. But it failed. Due to slow speed and no entertainment. I've said that I'll redo this game's movie. But I didn't do it all the time. Because I don't know which type to do with this game. When Heidman submitted his pacifist run, I think I have found a good type record of this game. So I download and watch it. I find lots of improvements. So I couldn't wait to redo it. Now, I've finished it and publish it!
This submission beats his 1264 frames. About 20.07 seconds. Because of better randomness control, better weapon choice, and better boss fighting.
I control randomness to decrease the number of enemies. To reduct lags. I control randomness to control enemies' walk direction. Use F to fight boss. Saves lots of time. Other specific improvements can be seen in movie.
Special thanks: Thanks to Yunshui. He told me Heidman's submission. So that I found this submission. Thanks to Heidman. He shows us a lot of helpful bugs which I didn't know. It helps me a lot!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3762: Soig's NES Super C "pacifist" in 13:00.20
Player (124)
WTF. But so sad for Heidman that you failed his submission.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Former player
Nice run, great manipulation, and thanks for the shout outs. This run should get posted over mine, but this run is exactly what I did not want to create. The idea of a 2p run does seem interesting and could be done in both Contra and Super C if you allow one player to die off then steal a life as Marx mentioned before. I dont think i will do though. I would be more than willing to help out if anyone does decide to attempt it. No hard feelings about topping my tas. I believe the games should get represented the best they can be, the name attached makes no difference.
sack_bot
He/Him
Player (111)
endcode: Link to video
Message me here for my discord. Current Project: Psycho Waluigi Project on wait list: None?
Player (50)
Very nice job! I do have 1 beef with this video though. In multiple places you shoot enemies that take more than 1 hit to kill, and while although technically you didn't kill them, you still injure them. Shouldnt "pacifist" be defined as "enemies take no damage except when necessary to proceed"? It's possible that this was for manipulation, but imo it shouldn't happen in a "pacifist" run. Healthy yes vote if these instances are edited out.
Player (124)
Current any% run is improvable!
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I also object harming enemies. Imagine a guy who kicks and punches dogs and calls himself a pacifist :D "What?? I don't kill them!!"
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Hey this run isn't pacifist you killed someone that you could ignore on the first stage, and injured a whole bunch of other people in the later stages. No vote for not following goal choice
Guga
He/Him
feos wrote:
Imagine a guy who kicks and punches dogs and calls himself a pacifist :D "What?? I don't kill them!!"
This.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I agree with everyone else. It's not a pacifist run if you shoot people. I don't think this should be published.
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
When and where I shoot people? I can't find them. Please tell me that.
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
If you say that I shoot last enemy in stage 1. I want to say that I didn't kill him. Because I shoot 1 bullet, and it didn't become 4 bullets... If you say other place that I shoot someone, please tell me. Maybe I ignore them. If you say that I shoot at some enemies, but they doesn't die, and this is not pacifist, I don't want to say more at all. Because for me, it is enough to pacifist goal. In contra pacifist record, I shoot enemy in stage 5, but it is enough to pacifist goal. And it has published at the end... Finally, I want to say, I care about only speed and entertainment. If you reject it, the reason is I shoot enemies, although they don't die. I won't say more with laughing. Laugh at your ignorance...
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
Heidman wrote:
The idea of a 2p run does seem interesting and could be done in both Contra and Super C if you allow one player to die off then steal a life as Marx mentioned before. I dont think i will do though. I would be more than willing to help out if anyone does decide to attempt it.
In Chinese TASVG site, there are contra and super c's 2p pacifist record. In my opinion, super c's movie is better~
Former player
I will say that I did it in my TAS as well. I did it to manipulate the purple pillars in the 7 to move closer so I could progress. Soig was able to get past them with out hitting them though. I dont know how he did it... Edit: Just made it to stage 5 in teh Super C TAS you linked, and because of the death abuse they used, they now are going to kill stuff in stage 7 that is unnecessary. I know how the run can be planned out properly, but it would still be tough to get everything to go in place as it should be if going for pure speed.
Player (124)
There's more enemies on 2p mode. Damn it! I've tried stage 1.
Jungon wrote:
Soig wrote:
Finally, I want to say, I care about only speed and entertainment. If you reject it, the reason is I shoot enemies, although they don't die. I won't say more with laughing. Laugh at your ignorance...
Don't try to be nice and then "diss" someone. Pick on or the other.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
All "pacifist runs" that beat the games are hypocritical! The true Peace only comes when everyone Rests In it!
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
CoolKirby wrote:
I agree with everyone else. It's not a pacifist run if you shoot people.
Didn't you watch Terminator 2? John Connor tells the terminator that he can't kill people. He shoots plenty of people in non-lethal places. That's apparently ok.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Someone must make a T2 pacifist tas!
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
HiipFire wrote:
Don't try to be nice and then "diss" someone. Pick on or the other.
Sorry, I'm very angry now due to those 4 guys... Cancel it......
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!
It's just the audience feeling, like it happened to Metal Slug with game overs. It ruined the entertainment for plenty people, and then a rule was set, to avoid game overs in arcade games. Here we have NO strict rule, but you can foresee the entertainment-wise response if this is published (it technically has no problems with the goal).
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
Heidman and I both have shooted enemies. But you 4 people blame me only... Mine is faster, but there are no votes unexpectedly! However, Heidman's doesn't have it... Does it tell me that all mistakes in other people's movie is not mistake, but all mistakes in my movie is very very important problem??? If you were me, would you not be angry with that???
Excuse my inconsistency. Please uncancel the run and let the judge solve that case.
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
There are still 3 people haven't apologized yet...