Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance TAS "100% furntiures" by McBobX in 0:24:10:45

Details

• Takes no damage
  • Uses warps
  • Aims for fastest time possible
  • Luck Manipulation
  • Collect all furnitures and place them on a nice room

About the run

This is my first submitted run of Castlevania on TASVideos and this run is faster than the current run by 2853 frame or 47s,55ms

Special Thanks To:

• klmz: for his great warped run
  • sksk1990: for plannig the route

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Accepting as an improvement to the published movie.

natt: processing

Noxxa: This run has been bested by another run, by a significant amount of time. Rejecting this run in favor of that run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Senior Moderator
Whoa, what a nice TAS. Maybe a bit tasteful.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Former player
Everytime I get home My neighbour's cockroach is in my bed
Senior Moderator
And? This run does complete the game, and indeed does so faster than the previous.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Tub
  • Colors a castle
  • Colors another castle
looking forward to watching this, wish I had time right now.
m00
Former player
While the run is certainly entertaining, and contains a large amount of 'what the hell' with the constant swapping between areas by out of bounds glitches and such, it still did the same thing the last run did: not actually show off the room. I still give it a yes vote, but cant help but feel that actually showing off what you spent the entire time doing as being more entertaining.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
The best TAS I've seen that is about interior decorating. Juste's elaborate, fast-paced movement is a joy to watch... an entertaining run for sure.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
That was some crazy fast paced action whoa. A pleasure to watch, and a yes vote for sure.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Wholly enjoyable movie, easy yes vote.
Former player
moozooh wrote:
And? This run does complete the game, and indeed does so faster than the previous.
Well, he did it once, you know... But now I see that he was not trolling. Yes vote.
Everytime I get home My neighbour's cockroach is in my bed
hellagels
He/Him
Experienced player (757)
Well, I felt strange for the low re-record count at first. Surprising, the movie is really well done and quite optimized. Easy yes vote.
Current projects: Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Patashu
He/Him
An improvement over an already entertaining movie, very good job.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
I never played this game, but i can see this is a good tas
Run..Run...Run.....
Experienced player (595)
It seems to possible to many improvement. For example, If you use jumping whip when entering giant bat room, It's possible to improve over 30 frames. but overall run is good one! yes vote.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
I really appreciate the references to my run, but I too think there are many possible improvements e.g. Crushing Boots can be skipped. Movement precision seems much better than the currently published "all furnitures" run, but I haven't yet decided whether to judge this in the first place.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Experienced player (543)
So,should this movie accepted for publication I wait a long time Mothrayas,Please respond
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
McBobX wrote:
So,should this movie accepted for publication I wait a long time Mothrayas,Please respond
Excuse me for the delay, I forgot I hadn't judged this run yet, and it has also been a busy time with the season's holidays. I have accepted your run now.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Experienced player (543)
Mothrayas wrote:
Excuse me for the delay, I forgot I hadn't judged this run yet, and it has also been a busy time with the season's holidays. I have accepted your run now.
For this holidays Happy New Year 2013 from McBobX
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
vba-rr v23.5 svn421
  File: Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (U) [!].gba
CRC-32: 88c1b562
   MD4: 7b9d5547a0b46d281656a7dd383d3f50
   MD5: ea589465486d15e91ba94165c8024b55
 SHA-1: b90da0d9be0b3a0893cd9e2c399056bcf9579e21
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!