(Link to video)
Adventure is a cool maze game in which you have to dodge glitchy ducks(which don't even deal damage to you) and carry around keys and things to get to the end. For an Atari game it's good enough. :)
Possible improvements:
  • I think you can manipulate the ducks, but I've no idea how to do that.
  • Finding some awesome game breaking glitch.
  • A faster way of grabbing some of the items(?).
I'd like to thank Spikestuff for the encode, because BizHawk was being a pain with recording.
Suggested screenshots:
Frame 515 [dead link removed]
Frame 1268 [dead link removed]

adelikat: Accepting for publication. Due to viewer response it will be published in the Vault

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3796: negative_seven's A2600 Adventure in 00:31.93
Looked cool, I guess.
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Yes vote. Fun facts: - the ducks are actually dragons - the easter egg takes up 5% of the ROM size
Patashu
He/Him
Shouldn't this be played on the hardest difficulty?
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
negative_seven
She/Her
Active player (354)
Patashu wrote:
Shouldn't this be played on the hardest difficulty?
Nah, easy is the fastest. There can be a hardest difficulty branch if people want to.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
By my understanding TehSeven is going up the speedrun time which also was done under easy... TehSeven do the hardest difficulty please (Still keeping the yes great run overall) Also doesn't chaining difficulty also change the area?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Experienced player (852)
This should be done on the hardest difficulty, always. Great TAS, nonetheless! Will definitely vote YES if you do it on the hardest difficulty.
negative_seven
She/Her
Active player (354)
The thing is, all that higher difficulty offers is that the items are more scattered(and possibly, though I haven't checked this, faster ducks/dragons), and in my opinion more walking is more boring. I can't entertain the viewers other than the repeated item drop and the 'bouncing' from wall to wall. If there's still more pushing after this post, I'll consider it.
Push. The only reason I can think of to accept this one is a comparison to the unassisted run, since I always saw level 1 as a training mode. Level 2 wouldn't be all that bad, since it's the full game, but I would really like to see level 3 for how optimized the randomized item layout can get.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Alright, the game with the duck-dragon things! This looked fairly good, especially since it seemed you had close calls dodging enemies (even if the enemies don't damage you). One question, though: how close is this to a realtime speedrun? In other words, how is this TAS better than what could be done in real time?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
negative_seven
She/Her
Active player (354)
2 seconds :) No, the enemies don't damage you. If you touch them they freeze for a few seconds for some reason, but it's nice that it looks like close calls.
Editor, Player (68)
TehSeven wrote:
2 seconds :) No, the enemies don't damage you. If you touch them they freeze for a few seconds for some reason, but it's nice that it looks like close calls.
They can eat you. Stand still and watch. Always scared the crap out of me as a kid so I only played this game a few times.
true on twitch - lsnes windows builds 20230425 - the date this site is buried
Is it really better to grab the black key from below? It seems like you could use the tight U-turns in the maze section to adjust your grip on it with slightly less movement.
Dwedit
He/Him
Repeatedly dropping and picking up items slows you down. When you touch an item, it blocks you for a frame, even if it's collectable. Voted no for this exact reason. I'd love to see a TAS that beats the game while inside the belly of a dragon.
negative_seven
She/Her
Active player (354)
Dwedit wrote:
Repeatedly dropping and picking up items slows you down. When you touch an item, it blocks you for a frame, even if it's collectable. Voted no for this exact reason.
Nonsense. It only slows your upward movement, and I was only moving left at the time. For the same reason I didn't do it anymore afterwards. I double-checked.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2243] A2600 Adventure "Skill Level 1" by negative_seven in 00:31.93
i believe game 2 and or game 3 would be more intresting because you could manipulate the random placement (game 3) and the bat for fun and profit.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Since I noticed this is a new category, this run uses the "Easiest difficulty" to complete the game.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.