Submission Text Full Submission Page
Encode soon :3
Hello! This is a game called Centipede, and it's about, well, shooting things for points! This movie was mainly made to show off BizHawk 1.4.0, which features Atari 7800 support.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk 1.4.0
  • Attempts to get 20,000 points.
  • Small amounts of luck manipulation.

Notes

• Sometimes I had to wait 1-2 frames because the bullet would just go through the centipede for some reason.
  • I hit the heads of the centipede because they give 100 points, as opposed to the rest of the body giving just one point.
  • Time can probably be saved from better luck manipulation, though I've tested a few maps. As for enemy spawning, it's very difficult to manipulate.
  • This took around 3 hours to make. I now hate Atari games >.<
Suggested screenshot: Frame 2063 [dead link removed]

FractalFusion: Judging.
FractalFusion: The goal of fastest to obtain at least 20000 points is arbitrary, and does not produce an entertaining TAS. It does not fit the criteria of any tier. So I'm rejecting the submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3807: negative_seven's A7800 Centipede "20,000 points" in 00:36.21
Experienced player (703)
Nice movie. YES.
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
yes.... just a question. Was rapid fire on?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
20,000 points seems an arbitrary goal. An idea that literally occurred to me five seconds ago is "Clears a level with no mushrooms in the field."
Previous Name: boct1584
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Editor, Player (44)
Where does the score counter max out? Playing it until that point, if it's not too high, would seem like a more reasonable goal. I fear this run would get repetitive if it went on much longer, though.
negative_seven
She/Her
Active player (354)
ais523 wrote:
Where does the score counter max out? Playing it until that point, if it's not too high, would seem like a more reasonable goal. I fear this run would get repetitive if it went on much longer, though.
Wiki says the world record for a marathon is 16,389,547 so I don't think that's a good idea XD
Banned User, Former player
I don't think there's grounds to publish this until the goal of precisely 20000 points has a rational reason behind it.
Patashu
He/Him
'1,000,000 points' and '1st loop' strike me as good goals for a game that has no ending.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Editor
boct1584 wrote:
20,000 points seems an arbitrary goal. An idea that literally occurred to me five seconds ago is "Clears a level with no mushrooms in the field."
That can't happen, I think. There is an enemy that will spawn at the top of the screen and spawns mushrooms as it drops down. I think it is called Flea. But it has been a LONG time since I played this game.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Given the viewer response this isn't going to be able to be published to the Moon (or higher) tier. However, a goal that is seemingly arbitrary as 20,000 points is not a goal compatible with the Vault. Unless there is a good rationale stated for this goal, this is heading for rejection as it does not fit in any publication tier currently.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
I would support a playaround that creates a picture out of mushrooms.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
I agree with adelikat. The goal "20000 points" (more accurately, "at least 20000 points") does not seem to be justified, especially since the result is only 36 seconds long and feels incomplete.
Player (26)
creaothceann wrote:
I would support a playaround that creates a picture out of mushrooms.
Yes!
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!