Objectives:
  • Contains speed/entertainment tradeoffs
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Uses warps
  • Manipulates luck
  • No damage/death
Comments: Now the run is not 100% perfect (but for the most part is it quite optimal). Almost every single room was done faster than that in the Old version, thanks to optimized subpixels, new tricks and/or better strategies and precision. This is my second edition of ALL THE FURNITURE. In fact, I have been working on this movie for a year, and many improvements have been made in both routes and actions. And now it is time to submit.
Improvements in routes:
  •  Choose a way to increase the level of Juste quickly.
  •  Ignore the CRUSH BOOTS (recommendation by klmz).
  •  More frequently use warps to save time.
  •  Find a new way to enter the region of the final battle.
  •  klmz and boss_he provide opinion and help.

Noxxa: Judging.
FractalFusion: Added emulator version.
Noxxa: Accepting as an improvement to the published run.

natt: procesing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Former player
No one seems to concern>_<
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
It's only been up for 12 hours and a bit. Give it time. Especially without an encode or streaming video, it can take more time until someone is interested enough to watch the movie in an emulator. The fact that there wasn't any submission text the first couple hours probably didn't help either. Anyway, I've been intending to watch this (particularly to compare with #3787: McBobX's GBA Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance "all furniture" in 24:10.45), but I haven't had time for it today. I will take a look at it later. EDIT: I have seen your run now. It looks very nice, especially considering it is a quite significant improvement by multiple minutes to both McBobX's run and the currently published run.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
Excellent, voted Yes. For those wondering, it syncs with VBA21. Newer versions desync at the first reset.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Skilled player (1705)
Samsara wrote:
Excellent, voted Yes. For those wondering, it syncs with VBA21. Newer versions desync at the first reset.
Emulator: wrote:
(unknown)
I think it should be a requirement, instead of being optional, to fill this in so people wouldn't need to figure it out through trail and error. But anyway, I'll wait for an encode.
Post subject: Require emulator version in details
jlun2 wrote:
I think it should be a requirement, instead of being optional, to fill this in so people wouldn't need to figure it out through trail and error..
Yes!
Post subject: Castlevania HoD Best: YouTube + lossless video file
Link to video H.264 lossless (278 MB) http://www.multiupload.nl/T1H5XK5HCL
http://antdgar.com/temp/tas/castlevania hod best.mkv
Because F walls and physics! Definite yes vote. Very entertaining
i see...
Banned User, Skilled player (1165)
Cool skill and awesome run.Yes Vote.
work hard
Post subject: wee floaty
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
This was fun to watch! I forgot about the "King-size bed" the size of a large book. I think that very small amounts of time can be saved by entering doors differently - if you have some "walking momentum" as you approach them, you slide forward as they open very slightly, and exit the screen 1-2 frames sooner. Now this is may not even make a difference in such a long run where luck is involved, but I've noticed it in most HoD runs after mine and it visually bugs me. (Also I haven't tried it in a while, so maybe I'm misremembering. But I have posted about it once before.)
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Skilled player (1174)
Very nice run! Yes vote for sure!
The king is always lucky.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
vba-rr v23.5 svn421 (need to convert movie first)
  File: Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (U) [!].gba
CRC-32: 88c1b562
   MD4: 7b9d5547a0b46d281656a7dd383d3f50
   MD5: ea589465486d15e91ba94165c8024b55
 SHA-1: b90da0d9be0b3a0893cd9e2c399056bcf9579e21
Senior Moderator
This route is crazy! I couldn't follow it at all. Voting yes, but I think reinstating the in-bounds category is very much warranted at this point.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2288] GBA Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance "all furniture, best ending" by sksk1990 in 20:49.86
Guga
He/Him
Those zips and sick movements are amazing!
Patashu
He/Him
I got around to watching this and it is absolutely insane. There's crazy movement tricks, crazy damage tricks, crazy zipping, crazy routing and beloved castlevania smashing.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu