"Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories" in 53:30.53
  • Emulator used: psxjinv2.0.2 (bios: SCPH1001.BIN, use default setting)
  • ROM used: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories.bin
Goal:
  • Aim for fastest time
  • No DISCARDING
  • Complete the game as fast as possible not fully true, because I have to manipulate to get good cards!
  • First, manipulate to have Raigeki and Dragon Treasure in Starter Deck, then manipulate to get Dragon and Thunder-Type monsters, to creat the most powerful Fusion monster: Twin-headed Thunder Dragon (ATK: 2800, DEF: 2100)
  • Use this strategy to win every duels
  • The hardest one is to get Meteor B. Dragon (ATK: 3500, DEF: 2000) from Low Meadow (this is a key card to finish the game). After aquiring it, everything is easier, and just have to avoid Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon at the 3 last bosses!
TAS details:
  • 1st duel: vs Rex Raptor: Starter Deck, not very strong, manage to get Dragon Zombie (Zombie/1600/0)
  • 2nd duel: vs Weevil Underwood: get Fireyarou (Pyro/1300/1000) (others are just Insects..)
  • 3rd duel: vs Mai Valentine: get Darkfire Dragon (Dragon/1500/1250)
  • 4th duel: vs Bandit Keith: avoid his Zoa (Fiend/2600/1900) and get The Immortal of Thunder (Thunder/1500/1300)
  • 5th duel: vs Shadi: get Kaminarikozou (Thunder/700/600)
  • 6th duel: vs Bakura: avoid his Labyrinth Wall (Rock/0/3000) and get Time Wizard (Spellcaster/500/400)
  • 7th duel: vs Pegasus: avoid his Meteor B. Dragon (Dragon/3500/2000) and get Yamatano Dragon Scroll (Dragon/900/300)
  • 8th duel: vs Isis: avoid her B. Skull Dragon (Dragon/3200/2500) and get Water Magician (Aqua/1400/1000) (fail to manipulate Dragon or Thunder, but faster the duel)
  • 9th duel: vs Kaiba: avoid his Blue Eyes White Dragon (Dragon/3000/2500) and get Blackland Fire Dragon (Dragon/1500/800)
  • 10th duel: vs a Guard: get Koumori Dragon (Dragon/1500/1200)
  • 11th duel: vs Sea Mage: get Sea King Dragon (Sea Serpent/2000/1700)
  • 12th duel: vs Secmeton: get Thunder Dragon (Thunder/1600/1200)
  • 13th duel: vs Mountain Mage: get Flower Wolf (Beast/1800/1400)
  • 14th duel: vs Atenza: avoid his B. Skull Dragon (Dragon/3200/2500) and get Crimson Sunbird (Winged Beast/2300/1800)
  • 15th duel: vs Meadow Mage: avoid his Millenium Shield (Warrior/0/3000) and get Meteor B. Dragon (Dragon/3500/2000)
  • 16th duel: vs Kepura: avoid his Gate Guardian (Warrior/3750/3400) and get B. Dragon Jungle King (Dragon/2100/1800)
  • 17th duel: vs Forest Mage: get Yamatano Dragon Scroll (Dragon/900/300)*
  • 18th duel: vs Anubisius: avoid his Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth (Insect/3500/3000), fail to manipulate and get Snakeyashi (Plant/1000/1200)
  • 19th duel: vs Desert Mage: avoid his Labyrinth Wall (Rock/0/3000) and get Electric Snake (Thunder/800/900)
  • 20th duel: vs Martis: get Zoa (Fiend/2600/1900)
  • 21th duel: vs Labyrinth's Guard: get The Immortal of Thunder (Thunder/1500/1300)
from now on just manipulate to win fast
  • 22th duel: vs Sebek
  • 23th duel: vs Neku
  • 24th duel: vs Heishin
  • 25th duel: vs Seto: avoid his Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Dragon/4500/3800)
  • 26th duel: vs Dark Nite (1st form)
  • 27th duel (last duel): vs Dark Nite (2nd form): avoid his Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Dragon/4500/3800)
Game Trick:
  • Use game shuffle to manipulate cards at start
  • Number of Fusions, Attacks, Magic used and Life Point will decide the obtained card
  • Screenshots:
Speacial:
  • Number of re-record is low, because I only have to manipulate at start of the duel
  • My English is not good so I can't write much! Sorry!

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Audience response to the movie has been positive overall. Accepting for Moons tier.

nanogyth: Processing for publication...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3827: Hoandjzj's PSX Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories in 53:30.88
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Please change all Facebook links with imgur links and separate them too(or compress to small text with hyperlink on it)... (Watching it)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Former player
I used to play this game a lot. Actually, the brazillian community of this game is big. How did you manage to get a S-Pow from Meadow Mage with awful cards and only THTD? Manipulate a Megamorph from Pegasus with a S-Tec would be a pain, anyway.
Everytime I get home My neighbour's cockroach is in my bed
Guga
He/Him
I. Fucking. Loved. This. Game.
Skilled player (1706)
Complete the game as fast as possible not fully true, because I have to manipulate to get good cards!
So...is it a playaround, or did you mean that time was lost in luck manip?
The focus is entertainment and you use the same strategy in every duel?
No.
Hoandjzj
He/Him
Experienced player (603)
Spikestuff wrote:
Please change all Facebook links with imgur links and separate them too(or compress to small text with hyperlink on it)... (Watching it)
Done with seperate link, but I don't know how to change from links to images :/
Lollorcaust wrote:
I used to play this game a lot. Actually, the brazillian community of this game is big. How did you manage to get a S-Pow from Meadow Mage with awful cards and only THTD? Manipulate a Megamorph from Pegasus with a S-Tec would be a pain, anyway.
I finish him in just 3 turns with no Rising Power and exactly 0LP :)
jlun2 wrote:
So...is it a playaround, or did you mean that time was lost in luck manip?
Yes it was lost in manipulate card, for ex, I have monsters with 2100 ATK and 1000 ATK and opponent has 2000LP, but I don't use 2100 ATK monster to finish him but attack with 1000 ATK monster first, then with 2100 ATK!
DrJones wrote:
The focus is entertainment and you use the same strategy in every duel?
I was confused about the goal, DrJones ~.~
If you're always trying to be as fast as possible, then you should just use the "aims for fastest time" goal. Sometimes the fastest run possible requires players to do things that seem slower but actually aren't; using a weaker attack so you can manipulate the RNG is a good example of that. Just explain why you did the things you did and nobody should have any complaints. :)
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Hoandjzj
He/Him
Experienced player (603)
Derakon wrote:
If you're always trying to be as fast as possible, then you should just use the "aims for fastest time" goal. Sometimes the fastest run possible requires players to do things that seem slower but actually aren't; using a weaker attack so you can manipulate the RNG is a good example of that. Just explain why you did the things you did and nobody should have any complaints. :)
Thanks Derakon :D
Post subject: Yu-gi-oh!: YouTube + video file
I don't mean to burst anyones bubble but I don't really find this that entertaining. Sure there's luck manipulation and the technical value is right there... but the game itself is repetitive (fuse cards, board moves, wait for opponet, board moves, more fuse, attack opponent, rinse and repeat) maybe if there's actual animation when you attack it could be kind of fun but just looking at the cards shuffle a bit gets old pretty quick and for a movie this long it's surely a hassle. So voting No on entertainment but guess it'll be a good addition to the vault.
At 11 in, the enemy has 2000 LP left. You have two monsters with over 2000 on the field to his one defender. You then proceed to fuse a monster that has under 2000 attack, attack with it, and only then attacking with your >2000 attack monster. Why?
Hoandjzj
He/Him
Experienced player (603)
Tangent wrote:
At 11 in, the enemy has 2000 LP left. You have two monsters with over 2000 on the field to his one defender. You then proceed to fuse a monster that has under 2000 attack, attack with it, and only then attacking with your >2000 attack monster. Why?
It's to manipulate the card I will receive after that duel, it depends on number of Fusions, Attacks, and LP ^^!
Post subject: Re: Yu-gi-oh!: YouTube + video file
Hoandjzj
He/Him
Experienced player (603)
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
YES vote! I love how you manage to avoid the best cards of the opponent, also they couldn't even do a single fusion^^. Awesome luck manipulation, the cards you get after you win are rare. Even though this movie is long, I was entertained all the time...
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Editor
Screw the RNG, I have TAS.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Yes vote. It was entertaining for me.
yes vote - the duels dont take much time at all and for that the best possible manipulation doesnt destroy entertainment in my opinion
Former player
This movie is epic for those who played the game. Yes vote.
Everytime I get home My neighbour's cockroach is in my bed
Active player (434)
why did you attack with a weaker monster/summon another if you can beat the duel already with the stronger one/what you already have? for example,against bandit keith and some other duelists before him
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Hoandjzj wrote:
Tangent wrote:
It's to manipulate the card I will receive after that duel, it depends on number of Fusions, Attacks, and LP ^^!
search the topic before you ask something ;)
Why aren't the fusions purple? Do they just auto-fuse in this one?
Editor
Volcanon wrote:
I think so. This game seems to take liberty with game rules. Kaiba would be proud.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
I was going to vote No for lack of optimization. Then I realized that you're doing luck manipulation. The biggest question I have is could you not do better RNG manip just by changing up the order of monsters that attack and/or fusing different monsters at different times? This is where it looks like the low re-records is hurting you.
Player (12)
hegyak wrote:
Volcanon wrote:
I think so. This game seems to take liberty with game rules. Kaiba would be proud.
Screw the rules! I have money! What a digital dummy!