Submission Text Full Submission Page
It took me about three months to finish the run.This run was some different from Mario warpless run of SFC,it uses Luigi,who can jump higher,have larger inertia than Mario.And it Includes World1 to World9.I tried my best for entertaining and speed.

Time-saving Improvements

• Mushroom trick in 1-1:It's similar to Luigi's warp run
  • Jumped through firebars in 6-4:This route was used by Mario run in SFC first,now it can be used by Luigi,too.
  • 7-4:Luigi can't go through the three units high block entirely without slow down speed,but it still faster than the normal route.
  • Complete the levels without go into castle in9-1,9-2,9-4:it can save many time,but in 9-4,it is the end when Luigi hit the flag post,so it don't save time actually.

Level Highlights

• 1-1:Luigi went through the ground with mushroom
  • 1-2:Luigi didn't run in the top of the stage likes Mario.
  • 1-4,2-4,3-4:Boss was killed by 4 fireballs.
  • 4-1:The third Lakitu relived after it killed by fireball.
  • 4-4:Went through the wall and Boss was killed by 4 fireballs,too.
  • 5-1:Watch carefully!A Goomba didn't died although a fireball hit it.
  • 6-1:Went through the pipe with slow down.
  • 6-4:Jumped through the firebars twice.
  • 7-4:A red Koopa helped me to clean the enemy,but it cost me a lag frames in the Boss screen.
  • 8-2:A Piranha plant was killed although it hid in the pipe.
  • 8-4:Similar to the Luigi's warp run, but the latest Boss have to be killed.
  • 9-1,9-2,9-4:Clear the level in the left of flag post.

Suggested screenshot:

frame 4142

Nach: For a warpless run, the audience really wants to see levels A-D too. Hence this kind of run would probably be best done with the SNES version.
Please see rejection messages from previous runs for more information.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
Was this meant to be canceled? Also, for some reason this submission seemed to have the wrong system (was NES, although ROM filename impiled FDS). Changed to FDS.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Is there any reason you don't use the SNES version, unlike all the other warpless runs of Super Mario Bros. 2 JPN? There's a reason why those use the SNES version - to get worlds A-D in the run. A proper warpless submission should include those stages as well, in order to continue on with the standard/precedent set by several other publications.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Mothrayas wrote:
Is there any reason you don't use the SNES version, unlike all the other warpless runs of Super Mario Bros. 2 JPN? There's a reason why those use the SNES version - to get worlds A-D in the run. A proper warpless submission should include those stages as well, in order to continue on with the standard/precedent set by several other publications.
Second.
All the best, Brandon Evans
only if the run had a savestate/back rom (not sure if it is the case) starting right after finishing the game 10 times so you can unlock worlds A-D
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
will vote after encode
live life
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
OmegaWatcher wrote:
only if the run had a savestate/back rom (not sure if it is the case) starting right after finishing the game 10 times so you can unlock worlds A-D
An IPS-patched ROM with Worlds A-D enabled was one of the approved hacks before that rule was changed.
Previous Name: boct1584
Expert player (2453)
boct1584 wrote:
OmegaWatcher wrote:
An IPS-patched ROM with Worlds A-D enabled was one of the approved hacks before that rule was changed.
Or to start with a savestate that used a cheat code which unlocked worlds A-D? I wonder if that's approvable. If it is, I would prefer a warpless run of FDS version using a cheat code rather than SNES version, due to more glitches (I bet there are will be lots of improvements coming on).
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
I'd approve of a patch to unlock A-D, if it is ensured that the patch does that unlock and nothing more. Edit: Save state is worse, because it certainly does a whole lot more than just the unlock, and requires a bit of research to know what it does other than than the unlock, and how it affects the game.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
With the new category system/rules, we would be open to this category. Should this be rejudged?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I think yes.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Re: Rejudge?
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
adelikat wrote:
With the new category system/rules, we would be open to this category. Should this be rejudged?
Has there been any rule change since this run's judgement (Jan. 23 2013)?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Sorry, my mistake, I misread the submission date.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
I have an idea... TAS this game from Power On by beating it seven times then upload it to microstorage or usermovies. TAS this game from SRAM created by previous TAS by beating the game twice then submit. Warped: Start World 1-2 to World 4 World 5-2 to World 8 Beat the game After returning to title... A+Start World A-2 to World B World B-4 to World D Beat the game Warpless: Start Beat the game Play through World 9-4 then die After returning to title... A+Start Beat the game