Tecmo Super Bowl.. a very popular game in America. I like some parts of the previous video, but not the work as a whole. It needed to be more entertaining as a game of football. In v1 I manipulated luck solely for my own advantage. In this version, I also manipulate luck in order to help the other team out, which can be a bit difficult (e.g. the long interception return.) I tested and confirmed my hypothesis that whenever the ballcarrier for either team is not entrapped, it is possible to avoid being tackled, even if everyone on the other team is chasing the slowest guy on the field.
To summarize, I have tried to play a zany and entertaining game instead of an undramatic blowout. It is over 4 minutes shorter than the first one.
Famtasia; Manipulates Luck, Genre: Sport

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #413: Arc's NES Tecmo Super Bowl in 13:46.80
Former player
This is the coolest game of football I have seen. This was awesome. Very nice job. The only complaint, though not your fault, is that it is clear that the other team sucks and you keep on missing him on purpose.
Former player
Personally i didn't find it that entertaining. You prove that you can run down the field without beind tackled, and ran it into the ground. This in itself wasn't so bad, but it bothered me when you were running around beside the computer controlled player and let him run all the way down field, and get a touchdown without even trying to tackle him, when it seemed perfectly clear you could have. Although I did like how you threw the ball the entire length of the field to get a touchdown. Was this possible because you ran all the way back down field, or can you normally throw the ball this far? If so it would have been nice to see you dodge players for long enough in your endzone for your players to run to the other end of the field and then throw it. I don't have any previous experience with the game, which heavily effects the enjoyment of a movie like this, which is why I haven't voted.
Arc
Editor, Experienced player (768)
Maybe I should have mentioned that I ran beside the computer ballcarrier in order to manipulate his movement so that the rest of my team wouldn't tackle him.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
i really enjoyed this video, i considered doing a video for this game but couldnt come up with something entertaining, i never thought to actually make it a close game instead of beating up on the computer. the only minor thing i would have like to have seen is the game end on a game winning field goal or one that bounces off the upright
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Former player
Oh what a fun idea. It's so much easier to watch that than a 99-0 blowout. But I agree, the ending could use a little work, and it's a shame you need to run around the ball-carrier to keep everyone else in line. Definitely yes, but with hopes for a remake with an intense ending.
Former player
It would been funny if you were down by one point, and you're at your end of the field, with 1 second left on the clock. You give it to someone, and they run it all the way to the end, and just before they score, they get tackled and the movie ends. No one would expect that. :p
Former player
It seems, in order to get the fastest movie possible, you'd need to score as few points as possible. Not that you're trying to get a speed run out of this, but I was just thinking for a speed run you'd have to run the clock out and not score until there was no time left in the 4th. Probably make a boring vid, though. I suppose that's why you never see a speed run of a sports game.
Arc
Editor, Experienced player (768)
Bisqwit, elucidate your thoughts.
Editor, Active player (296)
Sorry, I haven't watched this yet.
I really enjoyed this video, moreso than the older version, which I ended up turning off 2 minutes into it. This version kept me entertained throughout the whole game and was clearly the product of better planning by Arc, whose game script I really enjoyed. I've watched it several times since I downloaded it, and I'm still entertained. The only way the ending could be more entertaining is to have a team down by 7 come up with some crazy play (several fumbles recovered by both teams, stuff like that) that scores said team 6 points with no time left. Then the kicker missed the extra point/PAT and that team loses. Something similar happened in last year's NFL season, and it still makes me laugh thinking about it. I voted yes, in case you couldn't tell by this post, heh.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [250] NES Tecmo Super Bowl "playaround" by Arc in 13:46.80
Former player
I suppose that's a bug?
sorry but this has no place of a speed run site
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Well its place seems to be http://tasvideos.org/movies.cgi?id=250 (but if it doesn't belong somewhere on the site then probably no movie of this game does)
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Yannick2099 wrote:
sorry but this has no place of a speed run site
This site isn't only about tool-assisted speed runs. The site accepts movies that can be entertaining.
Player (74)
I was again reminded of this TAS when watching the game last week :-P